Sign in to follow this  
Ravenhost

Alternative to PayPal?

Since reasons about my country, i can`t recive payments via paypal, so is there any good alternatives? I`d like to establish some trade, but that paypal forbiddance (i think its more like paypal just uninterested in all the paperwork around it) was a real bummer.

I believe Western Union works as well.  In terms of silver trading to receive euros from individual players etc. But for payments to Wurm I believe PayPal is the only way 

Edited by Pedro

maybe someone using payoneer? (if you have a referal i`ll accept)

I do not think you will find many players willing to do any kind of transactions except paypal it is just the standard around here. I have seen a few posts about bitcoins but even then i think it would be hard to find a buyer/seller. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

The reason is the relative safety paypal provides vs. other payment methods. Paypal transactions can be reversed, unlike bitcoins, so consumers feel better using it. Is not foolproof, but its better than many others and more widely used.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

The reason is the relative safety paypal provides vs. other payment methods. Paypal transactions can be reversed, unlike bitcoins, so consumers feel better using it. Is not foolproof, but its better than many others and more widely used.

Yeah.. and can be reversed in 180 days since transaction for any reason in any time. Sellers wants to feel safe too but most of people doesnt understand that. It's amazing payment method for both sides but not when you are going to exchange your virtual goodies for real money.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:48 AM, Chemiq said:

Yeah.. and can be reversed in 180 days since transaction for any reason in any time. Sellers wants to feel safe too but most of people doesnt understand that. It's amazing payment method for both sides but not when you are going to exchange your virtual goodies for real money.

This is true. There is no safe method for trading virtual items for real currency mainly because I can't think of a single government who has legitimized these transactions. Too much involved to do so. But there is an already valid system in place for sellers to get paid for their product that is foolproof: Silver. 

If people played this game as a game, and not a way to pad their real life wallets, then they wouldn't have an issue. Of course, there is nothing wrong with RMT in Wurm, devs allow it, but the burden will always fall on the seller as the only thing they stand to loose is a virtual item that has been loaned to them (virtual items are not really yours, they belong to Code aclub. See the EULA) while the buyer is putting real cold cash in the line.

That is the main reason I avoid selling like the plague. I don't want to have to deal with a chargeback.