Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

New transmutation liquid type - dirt to rock

I would propose a new transmutation liquid that would turn dirt to rock.

I'm aware part of the scenarios it would fit are possible to be solved using concrete - but as concrete won't work if the slope is higher than 40 dirt there are situations where this liquid could be a great help.

I think it should be a liquid type which is rather hard to create to avoid making concrete obsolate.

This might be a little trickier than it looks to code, but +1 from me

Eh, I'm afraid some of the possibilities in terms of fortifications, especially pvp wise.

Its a lot harder to mine down rock, than say dirt.

• Like 2

The current liquids just change the type of tile, this instead modifies the rock layer below the tile, making it quite different from them and more similar to concrete, thus I wouldn't put it in the liquid family in order to prevent confusion. As Klaa mentions it's an issue PVP wise, thus it would have to be disabled there.

On PvE I don't see an issue as long as it's expensive enough. Perhaps base the cost (amount of liquid required) on how far the rock layer is below the dirt layer, thus the more the height of the rock needs to be increased the more expensive it becomes. Even then you'll likely run into a limit, as in some locations there could be a 500-1000 height difference between the two layers (for example after extensive terraforming). In a case like that the liquid couldn't work unless it also modified surrounding tiles, as otherwise the steepness of the rock layer would exceed 300 and then nobody can mine it down again.

Though at that point I'd wonder, isn't it just simpler to remove the 40 steepness limit of concrete on PvE servers? The end result would be the same.

• Like 2

Removing the concrete limitation would work as well indeed - and considering that the two world layers should be taken into account that would be a much more feasible way to go.

29 minutes ago, armyskin said:

Just remove limits on concrete.

+1

On 7/25/2017 at 6:42 PM, armyskin said:

Just remove limits on concrete.

Hahaha muh 900 slope concrete .  Pls no

• Like 1

Is there a way to turn rock to dirt, now that is smething i would love to see, it would save me alot of headaches, i know ynis is reverse to what your saying but just asking?

In fact there is - surface mining then refilling with dirt. As dirt can go up to 300 slopes it is possible although a lot of work.

Raising rock layer with concrete has a 40 slope limit not allowing restoring many "damaged" rockfaces.

• Like 1

there is a way to turn dirt to rock already, but it is very random

Ozmods, I recall when WU was new I tried to convert dirt to rock and well it messed up fairly bad, I used a wand.

Guess it would be same thing with rock to dirt.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Ozmods, I recall when WU was new I tried to convert dirt to rock and well it messed up fairly bad, I used a wand.

Guess it would be same thing with rock to dirt.

Yeah i messed up a couple times... Well a few times using the gm wand when leveling, just thought that there maybe a way to do it, sometimes i cant flatten by hand because the rock is just under the dirt and wont let you flatten any further.

+1 I think this is a great idea, it would make putting a new mine in a lot easier.

-1 gives me a headache thinking about the misuse of it. 
but +1 for making concrete usable on steeper slopes, maybe 80. 

It would lead to 300 slope rock walls too easily.

It would also mess up rock layer under alligned dirt tiles.

+1 for better, more sticky concrete

I'm fully happy with the increased slope allowed for concrete or perhaps an enhanced version - and if we are there can we get concrete work underwater too, please?

+1

for pve if it's ok for the code/etc...

NOBODY cares about pvp, could be just pve thing if that's the only con for the idea.

Plenty of man-made islands dream of this feature.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

EDIT: whatever for PVE

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

mortar + concrete = thick concrete. able to glue up to 100 slope.

would let us correct those mistakes... 

option 2. extra lye ( :blink: ) to make thin concrete that will seep into the dirt and convert 1 dirt into concrete. dirt needs to be the only dirt on the rock tile. if 2+ dirt get message 'the dirt is too thick here and the thin concrete wouldnt take" 

and both would be hard to make. like 50 nat sub minimum?

could also go with over 40 slope using concrete eats a plank in inventory like for making wood walls. can go to 100 slope max this way too.

either way... +1 for more freedom to fix our land. and pve only( for once we can use the perk without pvpers screaming murder bloody murder -.- )

22 hours ago, Wilczan said:

EDIT: whatever for PVE

Exactly, while it's good for one portion of the players, no need to downvote if it doesn't affect others. ?:)

• Like 2

I don't see why not increase the slope for concrete to 80. So +1 to that.

Allow us to use concrete on a slope comparable to our skill level. Similar to how you can dig up to x3 your digging skill, maybe have it tied in to another skill such as Miscellaneous but at x2 the skill.

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 2

I have considered changing one of my toons to path of power in order to make lava slopes. But as i read it it raises the slope.

Normaly i would interpret raising a slope of say 20 to making it larger than 20. That just does'nt make sense.

If lava solidifies on top of some rock i would find it logical if the tile was raised and the slope were lowered.

Does anyone have any practical experience.