Sign in to follow this  
belacane

lost / stolen / missing: JK military tent

Hey All,

I was at the 7/21/17 rift on Cele the other day, and logged out with my horse hitched to my tent. 

I could have sword the tent was locked, but I guess I was wrong, because when I signed in this morning, the tent was gone (thanks for leaving my horse though).

I know unlocked tents are 'fair game' on freedom pve (I thought I recalled locking it, but I was wrong). However, as a fairly long time player, I thought that the wurm community was more or less above just taking someone else's stuff when it's really obvious that the stuff is not abandoned (i.e at a rift event right after a rift ended). 

Anyhow, if the person who took it would kindly consider returning it to me in game, she would be most pleased.
I know a few other players who also had their tents taken at the rift. I imagine they'd feel pleased if theirs were returned too.

Blue Jenn Kellon Military Tent - 17.xx ql - 4.xx dmg 

Thank you!

Edited by belacane
  • Like 2

Sadly you can't let something stay around off deed. People lock pick, people break fences and people steal.

Those thiefs really take deed it or loose it way too serious.

Good luck

Edited by Sklo:D

Good luck on it! I was more lucky on a dragon hunt my tent was only visually missing, after relogging out of local distance it reappeared. I'm afraid this case is different if the horse was still there :(

Can't really lockpick on freedom off deed, but yes if its not locked, people will joink it. It is what it is.

For whats it worth, check with the JK guys. They might be inclined to help you. They are a friendly bunch.

Pretty sure its that new feature that "rusts away" locks when you cross servers, had it happened before to me, now I just carry a backpack of padlocks in my boat for when ever I need to deploy my tent.

Thanks everyone for the input. I realize that it may have been a mistake on my part, although if locks rusting away is a thing, I wasn't aware about it until today. Now I know :)

A member of pandemonium was actually kind enough to reach out to me and offer me a tent, so I'm in good shape tent wise, although the JK one did have a bit of sentimental value.

Thank you again to everyone, and especially to pandemonium for being so kind.

• Like 4

Pandemonium are good people. I am glad they stood up to the ocassion. Would have been nice if JK did, given how many of them are on Celebration, but shouldn't look a gift horse on the mouth. Glad to hear you got sorted! :)

• Like 1