1 hour ago, thorgot said:

Yes, if they just add a skill and allow it to have food affinities it will change all your food affinities. This is why when the fix for the missing affinities was put in I assumed that meant they were never going to add new skills.

This has been thought of - it won't mess with affinities.

• Like 4

well there are a few great big steps here that sound awesome and deserve praise.  Dev's hard at work again truly being barn burners of late.  crating of animals super cool and desired by many...almost as exciting as the ability to plot course server hop.  Secondly nice to see a first go at trying to tackle valrei game board, all the deities, and making more reasonable/fair the award system when doing missions..it was utterly random and bizarre at times before with people getting award doing very little in the mission or being in diff kingdom etc.  Kudos for beginning to tackle that and iron it out some more.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Iberis said:

I wonder if it's possible to cage players for server transfer :rolleyes:

This reminded me of a few times where players were imprisoned inside strongwalled caves and sold for ransom.  ingenious, devious, quite hillarious..then there were those in such traps sold off with the mere speculation of getting out someday..esp when permadeath was around.  fun meanderings to ponder

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

I missed this on Friday this is great news been waiting on this for years.  New animals for the island coming soon :) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Animal server crossing plus transport? What, what, what??? ? Ty x wurmfinity

On 21.7.2017 at 6:36 PM, Retrograde said:

Removed the taming difficulty modifier on Black light kingdom players.

BIG big thank you !!!!

Every horse dealer on freedom just winced; everyone else just cheered.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 1:32 PM, ausimus said:

You are correct parents and caring for is only retained on the origin server. Traits will carry over thou.

Cages will decay at a rate of an iron item for the most part.     Can cages be repaired or improved?   and also are they lockable?

As of now ageing is suspended while in the cage, this may and most likely will change.

I would like answers for repairing and locking or cages.   Also I am hoping that Uniques will not be able to be transported to other servers.  a Dragon being taken from Chaos should not be able to be moved to PVE servers or vice versa. They should spawn on their own please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lolabelle said:

Dragon being taken from Chaos

didn't they mention you must be able to lead the animal to load it into a cage, hence no boat loads of spiders

I have yet to see someone dominate a unique since I started, so I don't think that will be a problem.

• Like 1

I doubt this will affect breeders heavily.... horses arent a huge cash crop in wurm, and if anything itll encourage those breeders to advertise more.  If i go to exodus and my horse dies, now i can buy a fresh one and still take it home with me :)

• Like 3

This will be  really good for hunts, it sucks going to other servers and not finding horses anywhere... yet in xanadu you just need to go to the water and see more horses than any other sea creatures.

• Like 2

Personally animal shipping merely opens up new markets for existing animal breeders.

Though I'm more for it due to it opening up speedy travel and a more nomadic lifestyle... now if we just had bedrolls and maybe larger tents.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

didn't they mention you must be able to lead the animal to load it into a cage, hence no boat loads of spiders

I have yet to see someone dominate a unique since I started, so I don't think that will be a problem.

I know nothing about dominating Uniques  so I am unaware of whether they can be led or not.  I do hope that if they can't they keep it that way.  I had seen someone mention caging trolls so that is why I was asking. I know a troll is not a unique but still a concern.

I've never seen a unique dommed, would be curious if a sea snake could be dommed, crated and then moved to an inland lake/pond/sea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Klaa said:

Personally animal shipping merely opens up new markets for existing animal breeders.

Though I'm more for it due to it opening up speedy travel and a more nomadic lifestyle... now if we just had bedrolls and maybe larger tents.

I know off subject of the OP, yet parlaying off klaa's thoughts, an early dream of mine in wurm was to have a  Chinese Junk  that i could , in a nomadic manner,  travel and port server to server , sleeping in a tent, unloading my forge, crates and other necessities to crate portable work space , riding cart and beasts of burden along with trusty milking cow and roam the free lands making friends along the way staying days or weeks in areas etc.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Theonis said:

new Skill will be taxidurmy... i hope.

That or cartography

On 7/24/2017 at 7:23 AM, Pingpong said:

I've never seen a unique dommed, would be curious if a sea snake could be dommed, crated and then moved to an inland lake/pond/sea.

Would bring new meaning to Deli's Nightmare Lake.

Could be good for tourism though, if Nessie and Champy are any indication.

i love being the bearer of bad domination news.

sea serpents dont have the dominatable tag, aka cant be dominated and so not stored.

dragons also cant be dominated...