6 minutes ago, Arium said:

i'd like some more clarification on this too.

so, does the animal get a server-specific caring setting, eg i could bring it to every server and care for it with a char and it'd remember those settings? or would it only remember the caring status of the original server?

when crossing with an animal that is venerable and would've died of old age already yet is being kept alive by the caring system, will it have a certain time window in which its age wont be checked so you can take care of it and keep it safe? or will it be checked on server crossing and randomly fall over?

When you cross over to another server your care-for does not follow so if you have a free slot available on the server you are crossing to, you would obviously be able to care for said creature. If you cross with a venerable creature do so with care as it will no longer be cared for when you arrive at your destination server.

• Like 5

The best practice for this early release of cross-server animal transport is going to be: don't bring venerable animals over.  

• Like 5

Great news for the horse trading economy =/. This will probably turn out to be a disaster for small breeders. Yay for monopolies!

46 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Great news for the horse trading economy =/. This will probably turn out to be a disaster for small breeders. Yay for monopolies!

oh noes less RWT, whatever will we do

• Like 1

On animals that suddenly become uncared for perhaps a change can be made to increase the time till they suddenly hack out a tongue and die?

So your favorite venerable animal can be safely transported to a new server and cared for once unloaded.

This will be a exciting feature, I do hope the large animal crates will not be bigger than a large crate, be nice to be able to transport 4 horses and a wagon in a knarr, where there is room in a standard knarr for a wagon and 4 large crates.

Also it would be nice to be able to put these crates into a sailboat, would make for more interesting pvp I would think if you could crate 5 horses into a sailboat.

Also for the new player in a rowboat to be able to transport cows/sheep/bulls/chickens/pigs.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 3

Exciting news about animal cages :D

What happens if a caged aggressive monster such as a dominated troll becomes untame ?

• Like 2

Animals cages! YAY! Now I can truly start my five speed pig breeding program. 

The new skill, eeeek. Not that I want Wurm to progress anywhere near the modern age, but let it be glassmaking. Or something textile-y. Flax farming, with linen processing and then finally swanky medieval dresses. Cold food cooking? :D 

• Like 2

I am SO HAPPY to see the cage feature. Idk what will happen to the animal selling market (in some weird way, it might actually improve).  But it saves me having to keep separate horses on all servers that I travel to,  in unprotected horsie houses, which is bad for breeding.  I can just take my prized rainbow of 5 speeds from Xanadu to wherever I please! :D  Now, I gotta figure out how you make one of these cages..?

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

Will the amount of time taken off a gods valrei board move timer when finishing a mission also scale based on difficulty as well?

Yes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Explora said:

Exciting news about animal cages :D

What happens if a caged aggressive monster such as a dominated troll becomes untame ?

^ this please.  How strong is the cage?  Will it hold uniques?

Also, I wonder if this becomes a good way to stop the aging of hell horses, bred specifically for carts and wagons?  I'm sure it isn't the intent, but it will get used that way, potentially.

Scenario rewards are also being changed slightly. Coming with this update will be a requirement for players to be premium in order to be rewarded scenario points as well as karma upon completing a mission. If the player that participated in the mission is non premium, they will only be rewarded karma and sleep bonus, but not scenario points.

This doesn't go far enough, you can really use this system to entice players to go Elevation. 

have a different Tier for HOME SERVERS and ENEMY HOME SERVERS. So to get a certain tier of rewards, you go home servers or an Enemy Home server. 

Elevation should have the top tier rewards to entice more people to come. 

Not being a prem won't help much with this, as they will prem the alts [as we do now] just to do them on home servers in saftey of a CR nerf to enemy. 
Which is why you see mostly mains on ele and alts on home servers. 

You have to make this choice now or rip. Elevation needs more Reason to consolidate the pvp. 
And Enemy home servers need to have a reason to be visited, this mission system could prove worth the time.
Home servers need to give low tier rewards just to get a player good enough to start to go to elevation or even enemy home servers.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

Wonder how big a cage they will use for dragons ?

Caging and loading animals!!!!! Everything else was just meh after that :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Parentage and cared for status will return upon returning to the original server.

What will your /caredfor list say on their original server in the meantime? Will there just be an empty name in the list, as in "Lightningbrisk, , Rolffast" or "Lightningbrisk, Unknown, Rolffast", or is it handled more gracefully?

• Like 1

I'm still dying to know more about the account system! You teased and left me hanging!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeeNee said:

The new skill, eeeek. Not that I want Wurm to progress anywhere near the modern age, but let it be glassmaking. Or something textile-y. Flax farming, with linen processing and then finally swanky medieval dresses. Cold food cooking? :D 

Yes!  Or Musicianship. (with craftable instruments, of course, lol)   :)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Yes!  Or Musicianship. (with craftable instruments, of course, lol)   :)

I need a lute! 

• Like 1

Finally after all the begging and bribery's, we're getting animal transports for ships! We can now make them long delivery trips in style or actually can make rift without having to either ride for hours leading horses or find them once we get there by boat. :D

Edited by Talohan
updated

Animal shipping?!

Whooo! Okay we'll release the hostages now.

So i don't want to be a party pooper here but with the current code and affinity meals, does this mean that all my meals/affinities will change once this skill is released? Or will there be an opt-in for this again?

• Like 2

Animal transport and being able to take them to another server.. good move :)

I wonder if it's possible to cage players for server transfer :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Been moving animals across servers for a couple years now, only issue came up a couple months back, horse shoes get a little twisted but only like 4 every 2 or 3 days.. This didnt' start happening till the database schema changes but I don't think that is what caused it. At any rate the wurm devs are smarter than me, so I am sure they can handle moving horses across servers.

Now make mobs breed randomly in the wild and we can re-seed the mob-desolate areas of Xanadu..... starting with hell hounds because they DO have a fuzzy tummy and a shiny button nose! 

9 hours ago, whykillme said:

So i don't want to be a party pooper here but with the current code and affinity meals, does this mean that all my meals/affinities will change once this skill is released? Or will there be an opt-in for this again?

Yes, if they just add a skill and allow it to have food affinities it will change all your food affinities. This is why when the fix for the missing affinities was put in I assumed that meant they were never going to add new skills.