Sign in to follow this  
Arium

Karma teleport has 1 day initial cooldown

Figured i'd make a bug report for this since to my knowledge it still wasn't fixed.

this was supposed to be a pvp-server-only feature back when it was introduced, yet it still gives the "you are too new to the village" error on freedom servers.

Edited by Arium

Don't believe they said it would be PvP only. I suggested it, but don't think is bug.

It was added to create 'PvP' content by making folks head over land to defend deeds. This it never accomplished, but at the same time it was implemented it punished the entire freedom servers with the silly restriction.

Since it was added, there has been less PvP and all sorts of frustration on the freedom side.

I am sure this is an oversight as it should never of punished the freedom side of things.

The current code:

com.wurmonline.server.questions.KarmaQuestion.answer()

if (this.getResponder().mayChangeVillageInMillis() > 0L) {
       this.getResponder().getCommunicator().sendNormalServerMessage("You are still too new to this village to teleport home.");
       return;
 }

The BIG fix: 

if (this.getResponder().isOnPvPServer() && this.getResponder().mayChangeVillageInMillis() > 0L) {
       this.getResponder().getCommunicator().sendNormalServerMessage("You are still too new to this village to teleport home.");
       return;
 }

Take it or leave it :rolleyes:

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

The current code:

if (this.getResponder().mayChangeVillageInMillis() > 0L) {
       return;
 }

The BIG fix:

if (this.getResponder().isOnPvPServer() && this.getResponder().mayChangeVillageInMillis() > 0L) {
       return;
 }

Take it or leave it :rolleyes:

well the same change was also put in place for recall home so it would also need the same change to be made in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.BodyPartBehaviour.action() but we'll just leave to whoever is actually in charge of it.

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit.