Sign in to follow this  
Sila

remove decay on merchant

remove decay in merchant invetory for 
Still, lanterns and food   , its realy high now  and if merchant on deed it should not happend

• Like 2

As long as merchants are abused as storage units instead as for trade purposes I will -1 this.

• Like 1

-1 because it shouldnt be abused for storage. If it decays in your inventory, it should decay in a merchant's inventory, period.

-1 for food

+1 for lanterns but only because I think they shouldn't decay in the player inventory, either

• Like 1

+1 because it would neat to sell meals on merchant, expecially for new players who could buy nice meal without much trouble in markets near starting towns

• Like 1

+1 to being able to sell meals of all kinds on merchants.

-1 to just bypassing larders entirely by dropping a merchant, but always hate to see something fun denied those who don't abuse anything just because of those that do.

Not sure how to address that. 

I would love to have merchants not let anything get damaged.

I would think this would be acceptable, with the following caveat:  Any item placed on a merchant for more than 1 hour, will require payment of the "commission"  as a fee for using the merchant's time.  This being 10% of the listed sale price.  This of course could be reduced to say 1% but would put a severe dent in "storage merchants"

Edit:  This 1 hour grace period applies to the owner taking the item off the merchant without having to pay the commission.

Edited by Tallios

11 hours ago, Tallios said:

I would love to have merchants not let anything get damaged.

I would think this would be acceptable, with the following caveat:  Any item placed on a merchant for more than 1 hour, will require payment of the "commission"  as a fee for using the merchant's time.  This being 10% of the listed sale price.  This of course could be reduced to say 1% but would put a severe dent in "storage merchants"

would that mean it needs to sell within 1 hour of being listed?

15 hours ago, Reylaark said:

would that mean it needs to sell within 1 hour of being listed?

Nope, it means You would have 1 hour with which to remove it without having to pay the commission yourself.  I'm sorry if I failed to make that clear.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 10:51 AM, Reylaark said:

+1 to being able to sell meals of all kinds on merchants.

-1 to just bypassing larders entirely by dropping a merchant, but always hate to see something fun denied those who don't abuse anything just because of those that do.

Not sure how to address that. 

I've thought of a merchant type NPC like a bartender that can sell meals, and meals only, with no decay; perhaps with a cooldown timer also where you may not retrieve the item without paying a fee.?

• Like 1