Yay!

Nice that we now have a section devoted to videos. Thus, I shall start this thread where I will post the ongoing saga of building Ultima Nostalgia. 

The Wurm Unlimited folks probably already know what this is about, but for the rest of you who don't, let me explain: Ultima Nostalgia is my aim to recreate the map and world of Ultima Online in Wurm Unlimited. It has drawn an astounding amount of attention so far, with several sites posting about it (Massively OP, Ultima Codex, New World Notes and even VICE Motherboard). It has also had several of the original creators of UO posting/commenting about it on Twitter etc, Lord British himself included! 

Honestly, when I started this project, I was never expecting that to happen. It was for my own amusement and I assumed that the only people interested would be a few Wurmians who also happened to play UO back in the day. But holy cow, seems I was wrong! With all that attention, it seems like I will actually have to see this thing through to the end! 

In addition, I've had a lot of non-wurm UO players ask me more about Wurm and ask if they can come and live on this server. The two games share so many similarities that Wurm is the perfect haven for old UO players who don't want to play UO anymore, but are not satisfied with what modern MMOs have to offer. So although originally (and in my first video) I say that this will only be a server you can visit, but cannot "play" in the full meaning of the term, I am starting to dabble with the idea of whether I might reconsider. But for that to happen, we would need to have a new permission system for tiles so that we can set additional permissions for specific tiles we want to make available for those living on our deeds. See the suggestion I made about it here, and vote it up if you agree that this would be great. 

And then on to the videos themselves!

VideoCatalogPart1-10.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 6

This time we rebuild one of Ultima Online's secret places, "The Hidden Valley".

• Like 4

And Trinsic is up. I think it really showcases just how beautiful Wurm is! 

• Like 5

Never considered the issues that custom edited textures might cause, even for visitors willing to go the extra mile to see it as intended.

• Like 1

So how does Malena spend her free time anyhow? Being insane, that's how. After countless hours building this monstrosity, writing a script, recording and re-recording my voice, hunting for free creative commons music bits, editing, taking screenshots and making graphics, the next part of Ultima Nostalgia is finally here!

• Like 6

This next part is super special because it gives the chance to see what Wurm could look like if we had more NPCs than just traders, merchants and guards.

Also ITEMS on TABLES. Yes you read right! ITEMS on TABLES!!!!!

• Like 3

I love this =)

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Dirk (Former resident of Lake Superior shard/Minoc)

Edited by Dirt
  • Like 1

Now that I'm also streaming the process of building Ultima Nostalgia, I will also insert a few bonus stream videos along the way. Here's the first!

Have you ever wanted to see log cabins in Wurm? Well, the town of Yew is full of them! 

• Like 3

Oh and PS. I upgraded my video editor to a more modern version and the videos will be super nice HD from now on. From the video viewing settings you can choose up to 1080p HD! 

As usual I'm very impressed by the work you put into this.
Keep up the good job!

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 1

impressive stuff.
sincere commitment, such amazing stamina and perseverance to form.
All i did was name my deed to honour the franchise, you.. words fail me and im good with words.
*bows for a full 10 seconds*

Edited by Steveleeb