Sign in to follow this  
TFH-CO

Skill Re-map

Could we get a skill re-mapping system?

Make it something like a 3:1 ratio.

For example I have a priest that used to be fo with a lot of digging that is now Paaw and can't dig. Would be cool to use those old skill points for something else.

Most if not all other games have a respec system of sorts. (All the other kids are doing it, why can't I? Lol)

Edited by TFH-CO

I like when you can re-map in other games, but I don't see it working in Wurm. Some skills have been earned through very hard work and I'd hate to see it become irrelevant. I think it's the whole point of the game; skilling is hard and that is what makes me still play it. 

• Like 1

I don't think it would work (stats, etc).

..and when you decide to go back being a Fo priest?

you make your choices and deal with the consequences

Edited by solmark

Turn 30 farming/fletching into channeling/meditation/lockpicking, grind 30 again, turn into same skill again. Way too abuse-able and doesn't even make sense. -1

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

41 minutes ago, TFH-CO said:

Make it something like a 3:1 ratio.

By this, do you mean if I have 60 skill in digging, and wipe it, it gives me 20 skill points to spend elsewhere?

Digging is easy to raise, moving those 20 skill points over into weaponsmithing (as one example) would allow me to bypass the difficulty raising WS entirely which would be a problem.

Skills in Wurm are very much inter-related.  Working on one thing rarely raises only that one skill, but instead has effects on many things.

Maybe if you/someone mapped out the relationships, the suggestion could be more specific in where points could be moved?

Just off the cuff, maybe parent skills could be moved to child skills at maybe 10:1?  Sounds kind of extreme but for example I have 68 carpentry, I go down to 58 and move 1 point into fine carpentry.

Even then, what happens to any house I built based on the 68 carp?

Or smithing... The better blacksmith that I am, presumably that could translate into being a better bladesmith.  Some knowledge is fungible IRL, but that kind of hierarchy isn't really common I think.

Don't be too discouraged by a wall of -1, doesn't mean you have to throw away the drawing board.

Or, determine it's too involved and just enjoy your new priest :)

I'll never have an original idea again!! :lol:

You all bring up very valid points as to why this is a bad idea. 

Would have to be a sliding scale to avoid abuse.

So a 60-70 skill could be worth 3:1

A 50-59 skill worth 5:1

40-49 worth 7:1 and so on

Meh too much work for what it'll be worth.

Nm! Good thing I'm not a dev, I'd be fired lol

Edited by TFH-CO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TFH-CO said:

Meh too much work for what it'll be worth.

Nm! Good thing I'm not a dev, I'd be fired lol

12 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

-1 get gud

learn to read.

I did, its someone being lazy, buy any toon and use skills you don't need to bumping up other skills. Turn those 99 miners into fighting accounts!

Skillgain isn't quite a linear slope, especially at higher levels. Those twenty "points" from a level 20 skill aren't going to add exactly 20 to say a level 70 skill.

Aside from not all skills are equal in terms of gain over time... weaponsmithing is one of the more notorious examples.

Edited by Klaa