Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Remove unique server wide spawn alerts

Some intermediate mobs between trolls and uniques been mentioned already by staff a few months ago, I'm curious what is their planned "feature set".

10 hours ago, MrGARY said:

not to derail but it could help with the "issue" add mini uniques that don't get server alerts and randomly spawn and are killable by 2+ people depending on account strength/gear and give a minimal fraction of hide/scale (maybe like the same as if you were in a big slaying 0.01 or something), blood because none of it is really useful anyway and no tomes but do give the same titles.  decent middle ground and won't flood anything, and anyone can enjoy killing them with a few friends at random

Reinstate sea serpents but make them drop a little hide? They were removed or severely reduced, haven't seen one in forever, and they provided a fun challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

Reinstate sea serpents but make them drop a little hide? They were removed or severely reduced, haven't seen one in forever, and they provided a fun challenge.

They're still around far as I know, just hard to find. 

• Like 2

Mini uniques would be adorable! +1 to that idea!

No server wide alert, maybe make their snap points / ranges smaller? You could add new bloods and potions to the game with this idea.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:45 AM, Odynn said:

Might want to increase a bit the amount (0.01 means killing 600 of them for a scale set...) depending on the frequency of them.

no because it would just mean "lol wait a minute let me login all 50 of my alts", as is it would need to be minimal with restrictions.  its meant as a way of a fun bonus to uniques, not a total replacer that floods this junk everywhere

• Like 1

Or just play the game? Go out and look for uniques like every other normal person has for 11 years. 

@Threapwaaahh 

2 hours ago, Iberis said:

Mini uniques would be adorable! +1 to that idea!

No server wide alert, maybe make their snap points / ranges smaller? You could add new bloods and potions to the game with this idea.

I don't know much about bloods and potions but if what people get from these mini/practice uniques is too worthwhile, I think we'd just wind up with the same issue we have with full-fledged uniques now, wouldn't we?

Would rather see these things just be fun for the sake of being fun, not become a profit generating commodity.  That hasn't done very much good for current uniques from a community perspective.  It would be great if these things were different, and of little to no value to current unique hunters.

Whether it's mini-uniques, or full fledged practice uniques, it should aim for a different demographic, imho.