Sign in to follow this  
Middi

[FIXED] Unable to Launch Client after Java Update (Version 8 Update 141)

As title says Unable to Launch Client after Java Update (Version 8 Update 141)

Are you getting an error message?

Are you launching from a shortcut or from the website?

You can try javaws -viewer and delete the wurm entries and download again from the website.

If you are trying the unstable client, be sure that Experimental packs is not checked.

Please post any error messages you receive.

Also let us know what operating system you are using.

Error is 'could not verify signing in resource'

Launched from client on my desktop

Tired deleting entries via javaws -viewer and downloading again.

Uninstalled java and reinstalled.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Should also add that the game launched prior to update, as in minutes before the update.

See if anything in this post helps you?

After clearing your temp files and deleting the shortcuts, try rebooting your computer before attempting to click on Play on the web site.  If none of that works let me know and I'll see if a client dev can take a look over here.

I was running java 8 already, just installed the latest update and I also tried everything in Enki's thread.

Same here.  Java update now can't launch Wurm stable/unstable.

I've tried the instructions from the included link from years ago deleting everything in the Java settings and still not working.  For testing (probably dumb idea now) I updated java on another computer and now it can't load Wurm Online on 2nd PC now either.

Edited by nicedreams

same issue here

cleared the cache and tried reinstalling java, still not working

Edited by Worksock

I found the Java 8 131 update 64bit at this site.  Uninstalled the new version then installed this one.  Wurm is working fine again.

• Like 1

I got same problem on Windows 10 computer. Am gonna plan on reverting java back. Maybe later. Let you guys fix this maybe. Good luck.

TeeeBOMB

PS: now a days, I hate updating Java.

PPS: So.. is everyone having this same problem? Or are some people playing WurmOnline after this Java update? Is it only 3 or 4 of us? Problem Kids. Would be nice to know if someone is getting normal Wurm Online operation after updating this Java thing.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
add PPS

Reverted back to an older Java, worked fine to begin with, computer froze up and had uniform green pixel pattern across my screen, not sure if it is related due to a recent graphics card change but i'll post if it happens again with my old graphics card.

Oh come on. Nothing new here. Nobody else is having any issues with this? Has any of the developers tried updating their systems to the new Java? Does everyone have to revert to old java to play Wurm Online? Would sure be nice (at this point) to see some update to this issue. Something. You know? Thanks :-)

Uninstalled newest java update fixes Wurm.

I updated to Java Version 8 Update 141 as per nagging update your java popup had been telling me to for several hours. Once I did that, I fiddled w/ the shortcut to make my old Wurm Online point to the correct Java folder. But then Wurm would not work. My desk top icon would not work. I double checked it pointed to the correct Java folder.

So then I tried the Javaws -viewer thing and deleted all wurm entries. Went to Wurm main page and clicked 'Play'. But I kept getting pop up said unable to something (locate? connect, dang sorry not sure... but it was sure unable to do something. And I was unable to play Wurm).

So then I installed the older version of Java (Java 8 131 update 64bit << thanks Nicedreams (I was so hoping this was not a virus)). Same set up unable to play Wurm pop ups. So then I uninstalled the newer version of Java (Version 8 Update 141). ... and BAM. Now I can go to Wurm Online main page click 'Play' and it loaded up Wurm and put a nice shortcut icon on my desktop.

Gosh. I sure hope you guys can fix your game to work w/ the newer update to Java. Aren't these Java updates to add security and whatnot? Reverting back to older versions of Java sounds patently 'not good' to me. On the other hand, since it appears to be the only way for me to play Wurm Online, it is my only option. I got some cows need grooming.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
add words

I've sent a link of this thread to the Devs and I'll also add it to the bug/issues list.  Thanks for all your details about what did and didn't work.

EDIT: won't work as a simple download from below, it needs an Oracle account now :S Still accessible if you don't mind to create an account with them though...

I would HIGHLY recommend to use a source from Oracle to download the older Java version if you need to, and not from uncontrolled repositories.

The 8u131 64bit Windows Java is at the following official link:

http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/jdk/8u131-b11/d54c1d3a095b4ff2b6607d096fa80163/jre-8u131-windows-x64.exe

Edited by Jaz

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

I would HIGHLY recommend to use a source from Oracle to download the older Java version if you need to, and not from uncontrolled repositories.

The 8u131 64bit Windows Java is at the following official link:

http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/jdk/8u131-b11/d54c1d3a095b4ff2b6607d096fa80163/jre-8u131-windows-x64.exe

Grab the Runtime Environment version of 8u131. x64 is 64 bit, x86 is 32 bit. Have to make an account at Oracle to be able to download it but it's the only solution so far.

I get the same error on win10, my friends installed Wurm on their laptop with win8 and - it does not work with Java 8 update 141 either. I think the only people who keep playing are the ones who do not update java.

Edited by Ulfhrafn

I also got this error last night after updating to Java 1.4.1. I uninstalled the update, reinstalled 1.3.1, and Wurm works again.

Running a MacBook Pro with Sierra and updated Java as the prompt asked.  I am in the same boat as all the others here.

The STABLE client has been updated.  Can those of you with Java 8 Update 141 please try it now to see if it launches for you?

11 minutes ago, Ulfhrafn said:

I get the same error on win10, my friends installed Wurm on their laptop with win8 and - it does not work with Java 8 update 141 either. I think the only people who keep playing are the ones who do not update java.

1 hour ago, TeeeBOMB said:
7 hours ago, Julietta said:

Same here... client is not working after latest update...

14 hours ago, Worksock said:

same issue here

cleared the cache and tried reinstalling java, still not working

4 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

The STABLE client has been updated.

Thanks! But i'm out in the wild right now, can not risk a log off, to try this. I have to wait till I get to safe  spot, will try then. Will post here the results.

Again thanks o/

• Like 1