Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

More directional item movement commands

Why don't you code in more item movement commands? We have forward and back, Why not a move left move right move up and move down? There is no physics in Wurm so don't see why we don't have these commands for use in decorating.

The up down commands should only work for items that would be hangable like pictures, tapestries, wall lamps, etc..... using these commands could also allow players to place items on tables by moving there up and down coords in 3d space.

This worked great in SWG aka Star Wars Galaxeies in housing there where move commands to move objects in 3d space cause there where no physics. Even with physics you can make a object not use the physics. This would open up wurm a lot for players.

You can get rid of some polygons wasted on stands and such which really are not needed for hanging items.

Players would then be able to have extra space by stacking crates or barrels on top of each other in 3d space one could move them to make them look like they are stacked.

No stand looks nice. This could work for a ton of items to enhance wurm.

Dwm_2017-07-18_16-59-50-41.jpg

When I did Taxidermy in WU a while back I never used stands instead i positioned the mounts in 3d space with piviot's to relieve of extra polygons from stands. Would be better if there where movement keys in the other directions so no need to move piviots.

you could get rid of many polygons in areas that can cause lag like shop signs remove the post leave the hanger and sign and a player can push it up next to a wall as a example. No need to have a full model of lamp post make wall lamps that can be moved and placed on walls with movement commands wall torches wall candles etc... the list goes on.

Edited by Arkonick