Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

To Saroman need some info please

Got a question for Saroman. Why want some of my models show up in WU?

I freeze the transform I export use the FBX converter like always but some of my items want show up in WU. They show up in the converter viewer fine they work in unity fine but in wu they want show up.

This is them in unity the one on the left is FBX and the one on the right is dae yet the dae model is invisible in WU.

Unity_2017-07-18_16-19-39-39.jpg

Link to the model and texture http://www.mediafire.com/file/6r4az7by176u1dk/bearChickPic.fbm.rar

If you can help explain why it is invisible in game I'd appreciate it. This is nerve racking not knowing why it is invisible in game.

I so much haven't had an invisibility issue as every DAE I add to the game shows up completely black and on its side. From what I can tell because the object is not oriented correctly the skin is not laying over it properly but my knowledge of Collada is limited. I've looked in my DAE files and I ensure they have the call to a specific texture like so:

<library_images>
        <image id="ID7">
            <init_from>Obelisk/Obelisk-00.jpg</init_from>
        </image>
    </library_images>

and I ensure the location is correct from the folder the DAE sites there is a sub-folder called Obelisk with the texture in it. File name case is correct and everything. I have assets from several designers some originally did the model in apps like Blender (which I have) others in 3DS Max but they include the DAE files and textures so I don't know what the problem could be. Also I know the game code can deal with dds, jpg, and png can it also handle TIF? Not that I prefer but a couple of the assets came with TIF formatted textures which I've converted to PNGs. If I knew if the game supported TIF I'd attempt to use them as is just to test.

So bump for Arkonick and a plea for guidance.

30 minutes ago, LifesaverM said:

I so much haven't had an invisibility issue as every DAE I add to the game shows up completely black and on its side. From what I can tell because the object is not oriented correctly the skin is not laying over it properly but my knowledge of Collada is limited. I've looked in my DAE files and I ensure they have the call to a specific texture like so:

<library_images>
        <image id="ID7">
            <init_from>Obelisk/Obelisk-00.jpg</init_from>
        </image>
    </library_images>

and I ensure the location is correct from the folder the DAE sites there is a sub-folder called Obelisk with the texture in it. File name case is correct and everything. I have assets from several designers some originally did the model in apps like Blender (which I have) others in 3DS Max but they include the DAE files and textures so I don't know what the problem could be. Also I know the game code can deal with dds, jpg, and png can it also handle TIF? Not that I prefer but a couple of the assets came with TIF formatted textures which I've converted to PNGs. If I knew if the game supported TIF I'd attempt to use them as is just to test.

So bump for Arkonick and a plea for guidance.

if your model is on it's side it's cause it was modeled in the z axis you can turn them around and export them in the y axis. Most model programs have a export to choose which axis you want but a lot of modelers will model in the x axis but games will always use the y as the up on the axis. so when you have your model in a model program just rotate the model so the objects top is in the y axis then freeze rotation then export it using the y axis export option.

I've also once had a model turn black and couldn't figure out why and it was my one brown bear i made for taxidermy. which i never went back and worked on but it could have been the uvs had been flipped. Wurm only supports dae and the new wom format for models, as far as textures it will support png and dds files.

Saroman has been switching things over to dds over time now cause the way dds files are handled by the GPU it can use less processing. It is best to use dds images for this reason.

if the image is in the same folder just edit the dae file with notepad ++ and make sure only the image name is present and if it is a long name  pointing some where on your pc you need to remove all that like i did here in orange below and only leave the image name it's self. As long as the image is in the same folder the model will pick it up.

<image id="StoneWall1F-image" name="StoneWall1F"><init_from>StoneWallDmg.jpg</init_from></image>

note wurm uses meters when exporting so make sure your model program imports models in the meter units and then export in the same units meters or you will have issues with models being super large or super tiny.

One thing you can do is model your model in the size on the screen you want then scale it down using a wall model for example to the size you want it in game to actually be and export in meters still. Always export in meters for Wurm.

What i like to do is import a wall model freeze it then turn of show in gray when frozen then i freeze it and model my object so i keep accurate size with the game then i hide the wall complete then select my model and export the selected object this is easy if you use max or maya as your program. Not familiar with blender but sure it should have these features.

Edited by Arkonick

I would love also to know which are the door and arch textures, i know which one are the main door, but the door frames and front arch ways, 

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

I would love also to know which are the door and arch textures, i know which one are the main door, but the door frames and front arch ways, 

the stone wall texture is for all then there is only one separate for the oriel wall. All models stone walls use that same texture both the trim and plain stone wall. the model calls the uvw on how to stretch the texture on each wall. same as wood stucco etc.

For each new wall there is a single texture which is used for all the walls of that type. there is a dmg texture that is shared as well.

There is no single texture for each stone wall.

Edited by Arkonick

yeah thats ok, but what parts, can you post a pic with each part, so i know what is what, right now i know what the main door is, and the wall texture is, i need to know about the arch the door frames and the top and bottom part of the doors, and possibly the window frames.

Best i can do is show you the uvw you will have to examine the wall and look what each piece is some sections over lap for reasons cause that's how they are placed on the texture.

sorry about first set i was half asleep and wasn't thinking walls are 1024 and i did the uvw map in 512 so it didn't stretch properly just woke up checked the post and noticed my mistake so here is the right 1024x1024 uvw. Sorry about that if it confused you any.

stone wall door trim

stonewalldoor.png

stone wall door plain

StoneWalldoorplain.png

stone arch door

stonearchdoor.png

stone arch door plain

stonearchdoorplain.png

stone window trim

stonewindowtrim.png

stone window plain

stonewindowplain.png

Edited by Arkonick

if you have a model program you should use the uvw unwrap to examine the wrap and move them around to see what each part really is max and maya is great for doing this. Saroman uses maya while I use the industrial version 3d smax.

There is another thing i wish to know and tha'ts how to properly export animal models so i can add few extra bones to some for adding in duel horse back riding. 

As of right now only like 4 mobs have this where you can add passengers only after taming them tho, but would be cool to add in passenger on the normal horse but with out knowing how to properly add the bone then export it out i'm on hold cause even tho i can add the code in so it can be done looks off when the second passenger is standing like way back in the day.

how do i get the wall from wom into a format that 3dsmax can use, i also use maya from time to time,

you need a wom converter. Try looking into the sdk folder in the graphics.jar

Edited by Arkonick

yeah i can see it, what am i supposed to do with it, ??? remember i'm not a programmer,

I'm not sure how to use it my self I still have copies of all the original dae models which max supports. I'm still learning as well but it be nice to get some info from Saroman on how to use that system. I know they was going to make a wom converter for us and that might be what that is but we didn't get instructions on how to use it. I tinkered with it but never got it to work on my part.

alright thanks, i'll download em now, i just need to know what part is what, so i can modify them to get rid of those old tired textures and replace them with something nicer, thanks again

On 10.8.2017 at 8:13 AM, Arkonick said:

The best I can do for you is give you a link to where I safley store  the original dae files but it want have anything new in it that has been after the wom conversion.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m8htf4ey624k886/WU_dae_models_Game.rar

Could you please reupload that again? It is exactly what I was looking for. That would be awesome :)

Edit:

Governor did share a link in my forum topic here:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/158348-converting-wom-files-to-any-readable-format/

Edited by Arduin