Sign in to follow this  
NuMaiky

Add More effects with Rare's+

Hello I am NuMaiky
I am starting to see that some Rare's are good where other are basically worthless

I would like to see some Rare's have added Effects that a lot more useful to a player
below are idea's for starting idea's

Large Crate's 300 item limit
Rare Large Crate's 350 item limit

Supreme Large Crate's 400 item limit
Fantastic Large Crate's 500 item limit

I see that crates are used for hauling large amounts of stuff and Rare's should have some good effect rather then the crate it self taking 10% less damage
other items as well should have small Effects as well such as "rare Large Chest has +10% vol ( just like the rune but with out it being runed)

if you guys HAVE other ideas please post them here

DISCLAMER
THIS THRED IS NOT TO ATTACK PLAYERS FOR THERE IDEA'S THIS IS FREELY ASKING NICE thanks

• Like 1

+1, Theres a post in the town square where I mentioned that rare functionality is now crap in comparison to runes, and runes are obtainable through effort more than chance. at some point I mentioned that I would prefer rares have a huge durability boost and, if the item is worth showing off, a new graphic. Armor and weapons looking more royal as you go from regular to rare and supreme. Furniture being more bedazzled, but little things like shafts and food remain default texture. Also was hoping the durability boost would be like 200% for rare, 500% supreme and 2000% fantastic. Anything other than the outdated +1 ql for rares +2 supreme and etc. The runes that give 10% higher ql from gathering make rares look like complete crap.

Oh, I also don't know what is good about my rare maul or shield, but im gonna assume the boost it has is small since it feels crap.

+1 It would be nice for some items (like crates, beds, etc) to be useful if rare/supreme/fantastic

35 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Oh, I also don't know what is good about my rare maul or shield, but im gonna assume the boost it has is small since it feels crap.

I just found out, by a CA, this page exists lol --> https://wurmpedia.com/index.php/Talk:Rare_item#Individual_Item_Reports

So your rare maul would hit harder than a regular one.

35 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

some point I mentioned that I would prefer rares have a huge durability boost and, if the item is worth showing off, a new graphic. Armor and weapons looking more royal as you go from regular to rare and supreme. Furniture being more bedazzled, but little things like shafts and food remain default texture. 

I wish rare pieces of armor, other than the hats/hood, actually were shiny or had a new graphic like you mentioned. I can't show off my supreme black belted vest and rare green pants without someone looking at my equipment and I wanna be shiny too :(

Edited by PumperNickel

6 hours ago, PumperNickel said:

+1 It would be nice for some items (like crates, beds, etc) to be useful if rare/supreme/fantastic

Rare Bed gives 1.25X on Sleep
Supreme gives 1.50X on Sleep

And Fantastic gives 1.75X on Sleep

make items like bed VERY USEFUL
other things would be EPIC TOO SEE

-1 i dont think rare abbilities need to be changed. Its a carefully balanced system as it is.

And the bed have worked fine so far without HUGE bonuses from being rare. Its not meant to me something that gives you full sb over night, its meant to even out things between the people putting lots of time into the game and those who cant. So no dont change the sb gain when a bed are rare etc.

And if you want more storage in the crates etc... there are runes for that.

Edited by Daash

+1. I am all for bonus to rares being larger but I would suggest their chance to be created should be lowered To reflect this.

5% extra an is fine per rarity.

+1 per level of rarity for creation/resources are fine but should always remain a flat +1 not slope off as they reach 100. So many ways to get high ore now.

1 hour ago, Daash said:

And if you want more storage in the crates etc... there are runes for that.

so... rares should remain poop because runes are available?

+1 Only common reason to get a rare is either it's shiny or decrease decay of enchantments.  Seeing a purpose for all rare items except for materials would make a lot of sense and be what is expected anyways when you get a rare.

4 hours ago, Yiraia said:

so... rares should remain poop because runes are available?

Apparently so (it's the reason priests aren't getting new enchants :P)

On a less bitter note, +1

Rare trees with double harvest would be a nice thing...

• Like 1

Some rares like crates are indeed useless, definite +1 for more variety in rare boni.

However, the examples given are quite "powerful", remember that a rare tool for instance does as litle as increase the QL by 1 point. Something turning rare is something to be "nice to have", but not completely item altering.

Also, you probably don't want to start a discussion about the sleep bonus beds give. it's one that has been had many times before if you want to search for it in the forums.

While even a simple glow effect is nce enough at times, rarity bonuses are so trash I have to give this a +1.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:10 PM, nicedreams said:

+1 Only common reason to get a rare is either it's shiny or decrease decay of enchantments.  

Well, let's not forget rares lose quality slower. I bought some rares for that reason.

+1 to more uses, for the crates example, I would say add some time between the decay ticks off deed on contents, it would be in line with usual rare effects and similar in power. Maybe 2 months for rares, 3 for supreme, 4 for fantastic (it's 1 normally, isn't it?)