Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Path lights

modern.jpg

path-lights.jpg

bdfbaeed149c01e0f1fafd1cdb201112--solar-

Edited by Joelle
  • Like 4

Agreed, but it'd have to be done in a way that still feels authentic for the Wurm world. Maybe magic glowing mushrooms, or valrei items that cast ambient light.

(Imagine walking through a thick cedar grove at dusk with bioluminescent mushrooms giving off low light all along the forest floor) 

+1 for fancy ambient lights

Edited by Lei
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lei said:

Agreed, but it'd have to be done in a way that still feels authentic for the Wurm world. Maybe magic glowing mushrooms, or valrei items that cast ambient light.

(Imagine walking through a thick cedar grove at dusk with bioluminescent mushrooms giving off low light all along the forest floor) 

+1 for fancy ambient lights

We have regular lamps though.. Street lamps, lanterns.. Would seem to me that this type of light is perfect for the "Wurm world."

I'm aware of what lanterns look like. I'm suggesting shorter lights that (even off-deed) are plantable and secure the same way lamps are.

• Like 1

I think we should have something that doesn't decay off-deed. You can use blessed lanterns to stay lit, but decay is still a problem, so any off-deed lanterns still need constant maintenance. It would be nice if there was something that didn't need checking up on, like the highways themselves.

3 hours ago, Attenia said:

I think we should have something that doesn't decay off-deed. You can use blessed lanterns to stay lit, but decay is still a problem, so any off-deed lanterns still need constant maintenance. It would be nice if there was something that didn't need checking up on, like the highways themselves.

Problem with this is that some people place like 80+ QL lamps along highways and on every tile for long runs which then causes fps drops and lag problems for some players. Decaying helps there as you can repair the ones every few tiles and remove the ones in between.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

-1 i don't feel it fits well. 

This. It completly breaks the game feel.

5 hours ago, Mclavin said:

-1 i don't feel it fits well. 

4 hours ago, Chlodovech said:

This. It completly breaks the game feel.

I'd like to know why?

Short lamps, fueled by tar and lit by steel & flint like large ones... How is that immersion-breaking?

• Like 2

Catch faeries and keep them trapped in bottles.

+1

looks like a miniature imperial lamp.

wonder if with the new lighting/shading system, the light could be cast downward?

could augment cats eyes but then they'd need to be called something else.
At the moment, even in the unstable, lights don't mix well, they flicker when they interact. (altitude mainly)
Adding even more to the scene might be asking for trouble
not sure but +1

Edited by Steveleeb

Maybe just plantable lanterns? Something a bit more medieval, less patio looking? 

would love if cats eyes would look a little bit more like this and a little bit less like runway markers!

• Like 1

Okay I am all against moonrays for wurm, but my friend who recently started playing decorated a few of his fountains with lamps and asked me to make it so they would stop going out on him. So I went to see what the problem was and discovered him using lanterns to light up the fountains, actually it looks damn good.

So I will +1 making lanterns which we already have in the game plantable as a lamp for extra lighting effects whether its for path lights or lighting up fountains, cause it just looks dang cool.

D0r1cLq.jpg

• Like 1