Sign in to follow this  
punishlife

Architecture and Design: Schematics

This idea came from spitballing with a couple of others in the Discord.

Essentially using the deed planning mechanics, you manually plan a building on a piece of paper, say "3 tiles north, 3 tiles east, 3 tiles west, 3 tiles south" (can also include a way to show how many tiles you can plan in relation to skill "you can plan 60 tiles") then you finish the schematic, use it on a mallet or trowel, then plan the building, you being in the center like a deed token.

Then you can go around adding internal walls where you want, cutting down time spent adding each tile (and finding out you cant make the building)

Confirm build and tada

i think it should go one step further and include the Plans on the building such as doors, windows, arches, that way a player can design a building, blueprint it and sell it as is. 

The player buying just has to go around adding bricks/mortar to what is planned. 

This should include second floors, stairs, everything. The skeleton of a building planned by somebody else.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

i think it should go one step further and include the Plans on the building such as doors, windows, arches, that way a player can design a building, blueprint it and sell it as is. 

The player buying just has to go around adding bricks/mortar to what is planned. 

This should include second floors, stairs, everything. The skeleton of a building planned by somebody else.

Baby steps mate, you can't plan additional floors till the first is complete

No, but you could have a multi-story plan. You could add the 2nd blueprint after the first is complete.

• Like 2

You deploy the blueprint, and a skeleton structure pops up with all the plans ready. You ofc, finish the bottom floor, then you can proceed to make the Floor Above plans and continue.

Your job with this is to not design where things go, but to simply right click and Add to/continue plan. I think this is a great idea. 

Just now, Joelle said:

No, but you could have a multi-story plan. You could add the 2nd blueprint after the first is complete.

+1

Also this whole idea is more for big projects, like when people are making castles/forts etc, when using bridges in between, to save time (and also helps share ideas for those without a creative design flair like me :P )

I think it would also be cool to be able to use a blueprint without it checking skill. *Creating* the blueprint would check skill... But using one wouldn't. So those with high carp could sell blueprints for big buildings instead of having to go  plan a building for someone who doesn't have the skill.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joelle said:

I think it would also be cool to be able to use a blueprint without it checking skill. *Creating* the blueprint would check skill... But using one wouldn't. So those with high carp could sell blueprints for big buildings instead of having to go  plan a building for someone who doesn't have the skill.

+1 i really like this one!

and even one more step, patent it so we may profit off all the miserable masses that envy enough to purchase said plans!

• Like 1