Sign in to follow this  
JockII

Kingdom Alliances

Going back quite a few years there was a period when kingdoms could ally. Restore the ability for kings to forge alliances with other kings.

Allying(or vasaling) with a Default kingdom should give you access to use their home server. In the event of a breaking of alliance, the deed holder can convert immediately or disband for a full refund.

(I recommend 1-2 week cool down between creation and breaking of alliances). 

(Fleeting thought)

Land held by a kingdom should have some effect on alliance to "limit" big kingdoms allying everyone. Instead they can vassalise.

Why it was removed

It was originally a BL and MR alliance, I know this because I negotiated the alliance. It was the found to be to strong due to 2 factors.

1. Bl and Wl priests working together.

This is no longer an issue as all spells are spread out via player made god's.

2. There was only 3 kingdoms, even though at the time JK where beyond on top with their set up. The alliance immediately turned the fight around due to sheer volume of player and as such they had no one else to ally.

PMK changed this by allowing potentially near limitless number of kingdoms.

Other good reasons why:

-Reinventing diplomacy in wurm, add in a mechanic to allow players to straight up band together against stronger or weaker foes.

We have all had and heard of kingdoms working together or calling in a back door etc. This can offer a diverse and shifting landscape of alliances.

-insentive to make a pmk as you are not alone, you can forge alliances (added bonus of the money sink/gold purchase increases).

The biggest weaknesses to a pmk is you have no home server, you are alone and can be destroy. This offers more opportunities to survive.

-wider use of the PvP maps via creation of new PMKs.

-A better community.

With alliance in place strong friends can form, diplomatic relations become something to consider. The effect of action may be more than words but the end of your kingdom.

Discuss and scrutinize.

• Like 1

-1 Absolutely not, never again. It is because of certain bad eggs, I guess you could say, that the rest of us cannot have nice things. Kingdom Alliances can never be brought back to Wurm PvP unless there is some mechanic created to prevent meta.

Specifically this allows a kingdom to split in two for the sole purpose of working together, in order to abuse kingdom-titles, and to "Win-Trade" or cap towers and/or battlecamps back and forth between the two kingdoms. I think the game would be much better off without a mechanic of this sort.

4 hours ago, whereami said:

-1 Absolutely not, never again. It is because of certain bad eggs, I guess you could say, that the rest of us cannot have nice things. Kingdom Alliances can never be brought back to Wurm PvP unless there is some mechanic created to prevent meta.

Specifically this allows a kingdom to split in two for the sole purpose of working together, in order to abuse kingdom-titles, and to "Win-Trade" or cap towers and/or battlecamps back and forth between the two kingdoms. I think the game would be much better off without a mechanic of this sort.

I always thought that tower conquering was a stupid mechanic with so few real uses other that a system to abuse.

I understand the fear of some kingdoms spliting for more titles. This issue is only due to the insanely low land requirements to get some insanely powerful bonuses in the form of titles.

2% is far to small, personally I think it should be more than doubled to 5%. Land ownership needs to become more valuable. At this level many would be at least 7% to have a safety net. If not they threaten loosing the use of titles before any major PvP.

It would then come to mounting defences across much more spread land allowing for a wider range of tactics to split up enemies etc. Increasing PvP opportunity and reinforcing the requirement to have several deeds wardeeds/outpost's further adding to the value of land and increasing the investment required.