46 posts in this topic

I have worked on several of the mission buildings and they are loads of fun to build.  But (all but the temple) are pretty cool in appearance.  I love the suggestions of allowing anyone to use any off deed building to complete a mission.  (I would expand it to include on deed as well though.  Especially since now we will be able to deed them)  I'm not sure I would like to see that 100 people or more need to perform the Ritual of Fog though.  I'd rather see that number still remain low as it is now.  

 

I do not understand trying to limit who can participate at what structure.  If a mission is completed, that is great!  A new one pops up for people to participate in.  Enjoy the ability to participate in many missions.  Some folks do this strictly for the sleep bonus.  The more missions you participate in the more sleep bonus you get.  Then there are karma junkies like me......ok so I like to do missions even when I have 5 hours of sleep bonus.  Let's not limit who can do what as far as missions go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats, Idony! And Retro, I always thought you were a lady. I don't know why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh i'd love to have a pylon on my deed

Let me just deed over someone elses hard work"

 

Although the discussion is great, the above point - and the main (greifing) concern is still not covered, the only thing that is covered is the continuation of epic missions

 

And in order to get rid of the issues of unfair gameplay, why not have a set  "no build" zone around the epic structure, isntead of a "no deed" zone. Not at big as the current no deed zone, but just big enough so that no one donut house can be built

That would allow the ones offdeed to be kept functional and available, and for those that use them as decoration on deed - they would require pre-building the area and then pushing the structure in place (just like today)

 

But even this suggestion does NOT address my first point - that is quite critical - as I have zero means at my dispoasal as a player to insure that the structure I spent my time and effort to build will remain a focus point where I can get SB off of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These mission structures are a good example of what becomes of importing pvp/epic concepts into the PvE servers, that being trouble and needless restrictions. Missions should be changed and tailored for the PvE/pvp servers individually. Wurmhole made a good suggestion to change the function of these mission structures into merely decorations on the PvE servers and come up with more fitting missions for the PvE servers instead.

 

=Ayes=

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with updates to mission items... update temple graphic maybe?

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ayes said:

Wurmhole made a good suggestion to change the function of these mission structures into merely decorations on the PvE servers and come up with more fitting missions for the PvE servers instead.

 

No sht, I said this a long time ago as well. Thats what most folks want, a cool structure for their deeds, not all this junk and complication associated with them.

 

Honestly I could care less about missions, or sb, or whatever the hell it is from these structures. to me it would be a big project that I would like to work on so that I could have one of these cool looking structures on my deed and go 'Sweet I did that' ( and break my arm giving myself a pat on the back )

 

I've been hired to build pylons a few times and an obelisk, out side of missions and seen those owners push them onto their deed once completed.  I had no problem with that, their mats, my time, their dime, their structure.

 

Just flag em if built outside of mission parameters as Replica, or Decorative.

 

Also, wtf is up with the 100's of names showing up on them when their finished? No offence, but If i spent 3 days building one myself, my name should be the only one on it no Jimmyjojimbob that just happened to be in local or passing by.

 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

\o

Thank you, Retro :)

And thank you to everyone offering commiserations urgh.. congratulations!  I totally only meant "congratulations" ;)

 

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to the new adventure.

 

*Infomercial music starts up*

Hello!  Do you enjoy being helpful?  Do your eyes sparkle with delight at the thought of aiding others in discovering the wonders of Wurm?! 

Well, have I got a product for you!  *pulls out a bottle labeled "Eau de CA"* 

For only 3 easy payments of... zero iron... mailed in with your completed application this could be yours!

(Keep an eye out in GM Hall for future openings!)

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ayes said:

These mission structures are a good example of what becomes of importing pvp/epic concepts into the PvE servers, that being trouble and needless restrictions. Missions should be changed and tailored for the PvE/pvp servers individually. Wurmhole made a good suggestion to change the function of these mission structures into merely decorations on the PvE servers and come up with more fitting missions for the PvE servers instead.

 

=Ayes=

I think leave it on PVE there really are not enuf people on PVP to create a mission object anymore so why not tailor for PVP , tweak the PVE missions so everyone is happy and lets move on to bigger and better.. there are so many broken mechanics that need looking after that we shouldn't waste so much time on this.. I think anyhow..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't get it.

 

With the new mission system, won't I still have an incentive to spam as many mission structures as possible in a place that only I know about?

Even without blocking something off with deeds, structures, etc., it's still pretty easy to find a spot nobody knows about, tunnel into some rock, and build a bunch of foundation pillars in order to hoard as many missions for myself as possible.

 

EDIT: Requiring the mission to take place at any available structure (e.g. "dance at any foundation pillar" instead of "dance at the Foundation of Luck") would resolve this, but would also take all the remaining fun out of those missions. The thing I like about those missions is that I end up traveling places I otherwise wouldn't, which can be fun in itself, and without that, it just turns into a sort of mindless ten-minute "go to the nearby pillar and do an emote" thing that doesn't add a whole lot to the game.

Edited by Ostentatio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I don't get it.

 

With the new mission system, won't I still have an incentive to spam as many mission structures as possible in a place that only I know about?

 

Even without blocking something off with deeds, structures, etc., it's still pretty easy to find a spot nobody knows about, tunnel into some rock, and build a bunch of foundation pillars in order to hoard as many missions for myself as possible.

yes, you would.

 

but what i rather wonder is how it actually ended up that this bit of the overhaul is the first thing to be presented in a way that on one hand seems bad, and on the other hand focused on a point that no person ive ever seen talking about the mission system mentioned.

the only mention ive seen about epic structures was people asking for them to be built at any time. just enabling this wouldve been an overhaul that 90% of the people wouldve been happy with.

then the time that is now being spent on this couldve been spent on the things that are actually wrong with the mission system that havent been mentioned by the news yet.

- traitors loosing their tags

- trees spawning on a deed inside the designated area

- on deed traitors

- traitors counting towards a "kill x" mission instead of their own mission

- newer spawned missions becoming the focus instead of an old partially finished one

- perimeter griefing due to tree missions

- traitor missions in general since they are basically impossible to do with anything other than sheer luck

- sacrifice x missions with crazy amounts

- unclear missions eg urges you to sacrifice sheet. well, which of the close to a dozen would the gods like today?

- construction missions that take up 5 or 6 out of 7 available mission spots

- kill missions that require impossible amounts of a creature, eg pheasants, lava spiders

 

sure, its quite possible the devs already have solutions for all of this, but then why was it presented with just this little bit rather than everything at once so people see "well, we'll be loosing those missions but since we can actually use the other 50%+ of the mission system that were unavailable before i guess thats fine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Also, wtf is up with the 100's of names showing up on them when their finished? No offence, but If i spent 3 days building one myself, my name should be the only one on it no Jimmyjojimbob that just happened to be in local or passing by.

I'm pretty sure this will be fixed in the same patch because it sounds like Jberg fixed this already (with a little help from a player):

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care about missions that involves epic structure. As far as I'll be able to build 4 of them and decorate my deed with them I'm fine with any changes. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@RetrogradeLast week as you know I was very hype about how smooth unstable was. But this week, after 10 - 15 minutes online the client starts to stutter a lot and I'm eventually forced to reset. 

Gtx 1070 - i7 3770k @ 3.5 and 8gb ram

the fps is now only at a average 15-35 too, down from the consistant 60fps

Just feed back, not sure if I provided enough so just let me know what else to provide.

Edited by Mclavin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unstable is still really wonky underground. Walls do not show 30% of the time and still issues with selecting a wall for mining. I select it, nothing happens when I try to mine. Relogging to old client fixes it. Bad thing is I have no idea yet how to reproduce it at will :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unstable was working great last week, however as a very limited number of people werent able to open the client at all it has been rolled back to the prior version.

so all you can do is wait and hope that this will be fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arium said:

yes, you would.

 

but what i rather wonder is how it actually ended up that this bit of the overhaul is the first thing to be presented in a way that on one hand seems bad, and on the other hand focused on a point that no person ive ever seen talking about the mission system mentioned.

the only mention ive seen about epic structures was people asking for them to be built at any time. just enabling this wouldve been an overhaul that 90% of the people wouldve been happy with.

then the time that is now being spent on this couldve been spent on the things that are actually wrong with the mission system that havent been mentioned by the news yet.

- traitors loosing their tags

- trees spawning on a deed inside the designated area

- on deed traitors

- traitors counting towards a "kill x" mission instead of their own mission

- newer spawned missions becoming the focus instead of an old partially finished one

- perimeter griefing due to tree missions

- traitor missions in general since they are basically impossible to do with anything other than sheer luck

- sacrifice x missions with crazy amounts

- unclear missions eg urges you to sacrifice sheet. well, which of the close to a dozen would the gods like today?

- construction missions that take up 5 or 6 out of 7 available mission spots

- kill missions that require impossible amounts of a creature, eg pheasants, lava spiders

 

sure, its quite possible the devs already have solutions for all of this, but then why was it presented with just this little bit rather than everything at once so people see "well, we'll be loosing those missions but since we can actually use the other 50%+ of the mission system that were unavailable before i guess thats fine".

 

That will all be looked at with the valrei overhaul in the works.

 

This "little bit" is about allowing deeding over mission structures and not using them to block land, it just so happens that from this a few aspects of those missions will be affected. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This "little bit" is about allowing deeding over mission structures and not using them to block land, it just so happens that from this a few aspects of those missions will be affected. 

 

Ok to me somewhere along the line things got lost in the translation.  So here it is as I see it, notice i say I, me, thats it no one elses opinion but mine.

 

Decorative Fountain

Fountain 

So two identical models, one decorative one useful for holding water.

 

Jeesh, just add Decorative - XYZ mission structure, doesn't create missions, no perimeter, can be deeded looks just like the real deal. Done overwith, finished.

 

Many of us are just wanting that.  Put that in, then deal with all the crap of the current mission stuctures bs thats going on, will go on, or might go on.  Rest of us don't really care, we just wanna build.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This "little bit" is about allowing deeding over mission structures and not using them to block land, it just so happens that from this a few aspects of those missions will be affected. 

 

Why not just give all epic structures a `flag` in the database to indicate if they were completed as part of a mission and are used as mission structures - or they were completed outside of a mission and so are considered to be a decoration structure. Then all that is needed is for decoration structures not to block deeding. This then might also open the route to allowing for the starting construction of decoration structure on PVE.

 

That leaves the question of if blocking access is an intended, but that is a separate matter.

 

----

Thinking about this, there must already be something in the software that indicates if a structure can be the focus of a mission. So, there is already something that allows for mission and decorative epic structure to be told apart - all that is needed is for the deeding restrictions to apply only to those structures that are known to be mission structures.

Edited by Wulfmaer
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

biggest problem with mission structure build missions is its always in the same area.... i've been waiting for one to pop up on "south" central indy for a very long time and none ever do :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evilreaper said:

biggest problem with mission structure build missions is its always in the same area.... i've been waiting for one to pop up on "south" central indy for a very long time and none ever do :(

 

They never will.  It's only north west, north east, south west, and south east.  When one gets completed in a sector, you won't get another one of that type in that sector again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 11:08 PM, MrGARY said:

north east

north east ones were always bugged

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now