Sign in to follow this  
RicePirate

Wyvern Reborn (Modded PvE / PvP) [3x/5x]

6 hours ago, kazui said:

But now we should leave it due too soft rules.Grifeng and harassment on PVE wyvern became normal and admins leave players who did griefing to continue their play.

It's stated at the outset that game mechanics rule this server. The staff and GM's are not going to babysit players to fix any mistakes they make. If you leave your geared horse unbranded next to a unique slaying and someone takes it, we're not responsible for getting it back for you. If you kill a unique off deed and someone steals the corpse, that's not our responsibility either. In your case, leaving your animals unbranded, in an unlocked house, and having them taken is similarly not our responsibility. Beyond that, I even took the time to code a fix for the WO mechanic which allows this specifically because of your case:

• Fixed a permissions error where players without village permission to cast deity spells could do so in structures. Players now require the "May Enter" permission on a structure in order to cast spells in a structure. If they have deed permission, it will override this check and allow them to cast in houses where they do not have enter permission.

"Leave players who did griefing to continue their play" is a pretty interesting argument to make, since I've also had reports against you as well in the past.

6 hours ago, kazui said:

That mean affected players cant continue play in safe without worryes. I still love server but should leave it now, just leaving small warning here as noone even heard my problem on server officail contacts......

We refunded everything you lost and then coded a fix for the problem you had. If you still don't feel like you can play "safe" then I'm not sure what will satisfy you. That you accuse us of not hearing your problem is baffling considering the amount of time we put into this specific incident, including the several hours of chatter in our Discord channel yesterday.

had reports against you as well in the past." and any of report  confirmed? i see you defend your ideas by dirty methods, well when admin use it against just players that telling much. Everyone can see how things working on wyvern now. Missing Graham

Edited by kazui
  • Like 1

I recall a CA on original Wyvern that went on a rampage trying to force admins to do something. Trying everything he could to break all he could to force admins to pay attention and take action. Some certain CA that demanded the admins do something to the players that were bug abusing, cheating, etc. 

What a fire they had, and a strong spirit. Noble cause indeed. Now I wonder what will happen as bugs being used to grief others continues, and what the admins shall do. Especially one that originally was in such a ruckus over the very same things. 

I recall recently a player was banned temporarily for inappropriate chat. Perhaps, in the case of intentional bug abuse used to negatively impact other players... maybe a ban (Even temporary giving first offence) would send a message of some justice. 

1 hour ago, kazui said:

had reports against you as well in the past." and any of report  confirmed? i see you defend your ideas by dirty methods, well when admin use it against just players that telling much. Everyone can see how things working on wyvern now. Missing Graham

Graham who? They never did anything. If you lost your stuff on old Wyvern, I can guarantee you'd never get reimbursed or even have the bug fixed because they were never AROUND. They shut down the server because they didn't want to moderate and baby it anymore, as if they ever did anyways.

They did and  had tools for logs check and help players, and they had clearly ruleset which they followed. It was before last monthes before they leave

1 hour ago, Sirus said:

I recall a CA on original Wyvern that went on a rampage trying to force admins to do something. Trying everything he could to break all he could to force admins to pay attention and take action. Some certain CA that demanded the admins do something to the players that were bug abusing, cheating, etc. 

What a fire they had, and a strong spirit. Noble cause indeed. Now I wonder what will happen as bugs being used to grief others continues, and what the admins shall do. Especially one that originally was in such a ruckus over the very same things. 

I recall recently a player was banned temporarily for inappropriate chat. Perhaps, in the case of intentional bug abuse used to negatively impact other players... maybe a ban (Even temporary giving first offence) would send a message of some justice. 

The situation is being blown way out of proportion at the moment.

The victim in question had all of his destroyed items (Only one item as far as I know, could be more) reimbursed, the bug was immediately fixed, and the player had a stern talking to. But the moment it happened, the perpetrator had immediately reported it. Had he done it to tons of other deeds without telling anyone or doing anything about it I can assure you he would've been banned, but as far as I know only a few items were affected, one was destroyed and replaced, the perpetrator brought it to our attention immediately and it was looked into the moment it happened.

I can assure you Jonneh and Graham wouldn't have even given a statement about a situation like that.

4 minutes ago, kazui said:

They did and  had tools for logs check and help players, and they had clearly ruleset which they followed. It was before last monthes before they leave

Actually they didn't. They didn't ban players that were proven (through recording and event logs) to be macroing, they didn't ban fly hackers, they didn't fix bugs with the server, they did not exist. I was around since the beginning, and I was the player Sirus is referring to who was trying to get the attention of the GMs to take care of players like Plopper.

But they didn't respond, they didn't make any statements, they deleted threads concerning any drama or situation going on in the server, and they shut it down two months later without even TELLING players.

Edited by Huntar

the bug was immediately fixed" why you lie here, i reported 31oct what happened at 28oct and my wife's deed been terrored before that date when it fixed 2th of november and i had more visits of giefres. Ok another dirty method to spam actual problem ans make Wurm online moderators to clean forum messages include first. Sorry i cant do anything more about....

Edited by kazui

Just now, kazui said:

the bug was immediately fixed" why you lie here, i reported 31oct what happened at 28oct and my wife's deed been terrored before that date when it fixed 2th of november and i had more visits of giefres. Ok another dirty method to spam actual problem ans make Wurm online moderators to clear forum messages include first. Sorry i cant do anything more about....

You do realize Sindusk had NO POWER, and NO INTERNET, for three days during that timespan? We have a single dev, and he fixed it the second he was able to.

• Treasure Hunting
    • Quality of contents from caches in treasure chests now give rewards ranging from 50% to 105% of the quality of the container, from 98% to 102%. This change is made to ensure that great contents from high quality chests would be required to be improved in order to see full usefulness.
    • Artifact Cache contents have been signficantly adjusted in various ways.
    • Distribution rates of caches in treasure maps have been re-done.
    • Rarity of maps increases the chest QL by 2 instead of 10 per rarity level.
    • Dragonscale or Drake Hide armour obtained from Dragon Caches will now be improvable and show the proper armour model. If you have a bugged piece of equipment from before this patch, please put in a ticket to have it fixed.
  • Minor Changes
    • Eternal Reservoirs should now be improvable and repairable.
    • Arena Caches now reward an enchant orb with power 130-150, up from 110-130. They will also give up to 3 random treasure caches, but no longer reward a guaranteed amount of crystals.
    • Capital Teleport timer has been reduced by 3 minutes 20 seconds. Mind Speed and Soul Depth continue to reduce the timer.
    • Fixed a bug where Glimmerscale armour found in Treasure Chests would not display the model properly.
    • Fixed a bug causing priesthood below 30 to not function properly.
    • Fixed a bug causing 100QL weapons and 100+ casts for offensive spells to not function properly.
Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 1

can anyone help me with this error please 

The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: <There are multiple login servers in the cluster, please remove so it is only one> If you need help resolving this, please visit the wurm unlimited forums. Contents of console.log: Time is Tue Nov 07 22:58:15 NZDT 2017 Running client version

4 hours ago, OverDose said:

can anyone help me with this error please 

The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: <There are multiple login servers in the cluster, please remove so it is only one> If you need help resolving this, please visit the wurm unlimited forums. Contents of console.log: Time is Tue Nov 07 22:58:15 NZDT 2017 Running client version

This is caused by trying to use a name which is already in use, yet the character has not been fully created. For the time being, I'd recommend trying a different name and then having a GM assist you with a name change.

• Supply Depots
    • Depots now spawn 5 hours after the previous one spawned. This is changed from the previous 2 hour timer.
    • Arena Cache rewards have been slightly tweaked:
      • It will now award 2-4 loot caches, up from 1-3.
      • Added 10% chance to contain a random HotA statue.
      • Added 3% chance to contain a random sorcery with 1 charge.
      • Added 0.1% chance to contain a Key of the Heavens, allowing a player to ascend to godhood.
        • If you obtain a Key of the Heavens, you will be able to do the following:
        • Choose whether to be white light or black light.
        • Select up to 5 spells of your choice to add to your faith.
        • Select up to 2 passives excluding Warrior to add to your faith.
  • Minor Changes
    • Treasure maps now reward slightly fewer caches in higher QL maps.
    • Disabled the ESP counter on the PvP server by default.

• Like 2

Minor Update

• Updated DiscordRelay such that all messages in the Server tab on any Wyvern server will be broadcast in the #events tab in Discord.
    • This includes rumours of uniques, unique kills, titles achieved by players, and arena depot reminders.
  • Added the dontCountThat mod from nekoexmachina. This mod allows certain items to not count towards the 100 item limit in a given player's inventory. For now, the two items that are exempt are sleep powders and creature tokens.
  • Updated the TreasureHunting mod which will see a decrease in maps found by digging actions. It was previously at 1/2000, now will be at 1/5000. This update comes because leveling actions are also considered digging actions.
  • Decreased the chance per second that AshProduce would spawn a unit of ash in a fire source. Was 5% every second, now is 2% every second.
  • Added some new titles for the upcoming Holdstrong renovation challenge.
  • Disable the Announcer mod.
  • Updated the Server tab on player login with some new links, including a folder which leads to some community-made documentation specific to Wyvern.
  • Arena depot warning messages also include 1 hour messages.
  • Hens, roosters, and chickens will now be considered grazers. As a result, they will eat the appropriate crops straight from the field, rather than having to drop seeds at their feet.

Quick update while I reboot the server to fix a bugged bridge:

•  All types of creature tokens, as well as chaos and enchanter's crystals are exempt thanks to nekoexmachina's dontCountThat mod

Minor Server Update

• Bug: players can no longer cast spells on enchant orbs.
  • Bug: nekoexmachina's dontCountThat mod now limits items to 1000, rather than unlimited. There were some issues with items vanishing when going over 1000.
  • Bug: mine to crate should work properly now similarly to dig to crate. When a player is dragging a cart, the mined product will be dropped on the ground.
  • Bug: players can no longer steal the soul of other players on the PvE servers.
  • QoL: pigs are now considered grazers, and will eat farm fields similar to horses.
  • QoL: the ethernal reservoir is now movable.
  • New: Vynora and Libila have been granted the Light Token spell.
  • New: ridable worgs
    • Worgs can now be tamed, dominated, or charmed. They are carnivores, so tame and feed them with meat.
    • The worgs have the same base speed as a red wyvern (the slowest of the wyverns) but with a lower body strength. This means that the worg will go slower than the red wyvern when carrying / pulling heavier loads.
    • Worgs cannot be equipped with any horse gear.

A couple things that are still on my plate and will require more time:

• Chargers still phase through fences, house walls, etc. This is because they have the "ghost" tag applied to them, similar to spirit templars. It will be tough to fix this for me.
  • Wyverns still roam with saddles, and the effect that bridles give don't apply for them. This is because they aren't considered a "horse". If I were to make them a horse, they would be able to equip horseshoes, which is undesired for me. Again, will require some effort to fix this.
  • I'm thinking of changing the way that trader placement works. Ideally, this is what I was thinking:
    • Traders must be 64 tiles in each direction away from each other, unless they are placed on a deed, in which an allotment of one trader per deed can apply. 
    • This would allow deeds that are close to each other to have one trader each, but larger deeds can still have traders 64 tiles apart in each direction.
  • Hoping to add the trade channel to discordRelay. Probably will require talk with other devs.
  • Like 1

Instajoined  as soon as i saw i could use spear and shield -- but that's only scraping the surface. This server offers so many new and reworked features that it takes time to read through the documentation and the patch notes to understand what's new and what's possible to do. It pushes the pve aspect and possibilities far beyond what i'm accustomed to and addresses some longtime wanted features and that's something i really like, who's behind the ideas and changes know what they are doing.

Nice to see active players in local very often, enjoying my time in here :)

Edited by MashHiven
  • Like 1

Regarding Revenant & Wyvern Reborn

I realize I was pretty quick and did not articulate why I was moving from Wyvern Reborn into the new Revenant project very clearly. It all occurred over the span of a day which makes it easy to judge it as a hasty move. However, I'd like to clear up some of the questions regarding Wyvern Reborn and the new Revenant server, and what's happening with both.

As stated in my message on the Wyvern Reborn discord, I'll be focusing my efforts on the Revenant server.

dUljZwI.png

As you can see from the reactions, it was met with mixed opinions, and with good reason. Wyvern has been running for a solid 2 years and people have invested unwieldy amounts of time into the server, and seeing it no longer receive care can be absolutely heartbreaking. Here's a sql query for players who have invested the most time to date on the server, listed in hours.

Spoiler

1vuSHey.png

These players, including myself as both a player and server owner, have invested an extreme amount of effort into making Wyvern the place it is today. As a community, players have played on Wyvern for a total of 706,001 hours - the equivalent of 29,416 days of raw playtime. When hit with these numbers, it's no small thing to announce you want to move on and take on a different project. Which brings me to the next part.

Why stop with Wyvern Reborn?

To anyone who has played long enough on Wyvern Reborn, the answer to this is simple: Everything is too abundant. Skills are too high. Rewards are too great. Drake and scale are too common. Rare and supremes are everywhere. For the uninitiated, I'd like to showcase a few things that exist on Wyvern that you will almost certainly not see elsewhere:

The Atticus WMD - the results of months of mass buying and using enchanter crystals on his weapon to modify the enchants to absurdity:

Spoiler

99e108d33a702bc34735874f3d11ca65.png

Collections of Rare Resources - years of hunting down treasure, uniques, and veins of moon metal have lead to stashes of unused and essentially decaying resources that nobody has use for.

Spoiler

RyYYpV6.pngZjD5zye.pngZdgzy2M.png

Y73Pkf5.png

New World Order - Village created by several players where they have basically every rare vehicle, a massive 170x160 deed which will last for at least a year with the current upkeep in the coffers.

Spoiler

fcgYZzT.jpg

QZPwuet.png

Basically what I'm trying to get across is that when it comes to Wyvern Reborn, almost everyone has everything they want, and that leaves nothing left to be desired. When you log in and see skills that look like this, it's hard to know what you want to do that day...

SAoFaks.png

Something to Strive For

One of the most clear solutions to the above problem sounds rather simple: make something new that players can strive for. Create the "next stage" so to speak so that players could spend their playtime trying to achieve that. Well, when it comes to that, it's not so simple. I attempted several solutions:

• Spectral and Glimmerscale armour: Rare and difficult to improve/repair, these were the "upgraded" versions of drake and scale respectively. These were powerful sets were sought after for a brief period, but it became apparent that the effort required to get them versus scale, and the amount of reward they gave you, was simply not worth it. Nothing in the game dealt enough damage to cause players with decent scale or drake to force them into upgrading.
  • Titans: Raid bosses which landed on the Arena server, these were supposed to be the pinnacle of difficult combat, with mechanics that would kill your mount, then leave you vulnerable to the extremely fast-moving minions that were constantly spawned during combat. Unfortunately, players became so strong that they could solo kill Titans outright through effective healing in Life Transfer, keeping your mount alive, and then kiting the boss when you needed time. Their drops generally were also sidelined as you could create better weaponry from simply using Enchanter crystals.
  • Soulstealing: Designed as an alternative to butchering, this would encourage players to raise their stealing skill, in return gaining the option of keeping their carnivorous creatures fed and forges lit permanently. However, it was undertuned, and players simply wrote it off as useless.
  • Mastercraft: Introduced to encourage players to grind further into 99 and 99.9999 territory, this gave increasing power to skills as they approached their peak. The problem here is that there was no use for these skills, as everyone has 90ql+ armor, weapons, tools, and even decorations in some cases.
  • Affinity Orbs: Required 3 gold to be spent at a trader to obtain, this would give you a random affinity. Players with enough money would essentially be able to cap every affinity in the game using enough of them.

All of my attempts fell flat, because anything that was strong enough to warrant getting (Spectral/Glimmerscale/Affinity Orbs) was too rare to be worth their time, meanwhile anything that was a sidegrade that offered something new and unique (Soulstealing) was simply less effective than playing the game using base mechanics and their already insane skills. In the end, the only way to solve the problem was to dial things back in... which meant taking something away from the players.

New Server with reductions

I think what everyone wanted at this point was a new server added to Wyvern that would do a partial transfer. Take some skills or some items then reset everything else. Every person had their own unique idea of what should be taken away and transferred to the new world. I was open to listening and kept reading these comments in Discord, trying to figure out myself where the general consensus was. Was the best route to let people take a few of their favorite items? Nope, not possible. Players would make alts or use existing alts to bypass whatever restriction I had on the amount of items to transfer, and move their whole inventory. Even if they didn't, people have ridiculous items that would skyrocket them back to where they were near instantly, with 200 BotD anvils and tools existing to skill right back to 90 in everything as soon as the new server launched.

Okay, so surely a skill reduction would be in order. Okay... but by how much? If I have 99 smithing... do I get 90? 70? 50? 10? If I got 10/50 I'd feel like my effort was not well spent. If I got 90 I'd already be at end-game again. But what about if I had 90? Or 95? Is 70 enough? Is 80 enough? I'm really close to endgame at that point anyway and within a week we'd just be in the same scenario as before. So perhaps a full reset of skills.

But then I realized one simple fact. If I was going to fully reset skills, and fully reset items in a connected server to Wyvern Reborn... why have it connected in the first place? Beyond that, where is the starting zone? Do I keep the starting zone for new players in the existing Wyvern Twin Peaks map or in the new map? Can players go to Arena from the new map? Is there a new Arena specifically for the new map?

Instead of trying to solve these ridiculous problems, the solution was pretty clear to me. I'd create a brand new server with a brand new name completely unattached from Wyvern Reborn and start fresh. I could adjust the underlying systems fundamentally, making sure skillgain would last longer than before, adjust action timers, tweak the economy so it doesn't crash instantly, and adjust rewards to better suit a longer and more durable server than Wyvern Reborn was.

Future of Wyvern Reborn

So the last thing to address is the future of Wyvern Reborn. Is it staying online? Is it going to receive updates? Is it abandoned?

• Wyvern Reborn will receive an update as soon as 1.6 goes live that will include 4 new mods, a weapon rebalance, and several minor tweaks.
  • I've separated the Wyvern Reborn code into a new branch, so I can revisit the mods in the state they exist on Wyvern Reborn and bugfix accordingly.
  • The server will remain online indefinitely, and will surely run as long as Revenant is running, since they will operate on the same hardware.
  • I'm going to make my best effort to ensure Wyvern Reborn remains patched through any future Wurm Unlimited updates, and fix any critical gamebreaking bugs.
  • I am open to allowing server and mod repository access to anyone who would like to pick up the Wyvern Reborn project and take it further.
  • Alternatively, I'm open to sharing all source code and server files with anyone who would prefer to take over hosting of Wyvern Reborn, if the community agrees to it.
  • The server will remain in it's current form in terms of mods unless someone else decides they would like to make adjustments.

I hope this addresses everyone's concerns. If you have anything further to ask, feel free to respond right here in this thread, @mention me on the Wyvern Reborn discord, or simply PM me here or on Discord regarding anything else you'd like me to clear up.

Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 1

Not only do you make mods that are innovative and fun, they have taught me a TON about internal WU mechanics.

But actually, I really wanted to say that not only are your mods an inspiration, your eloquence in explaining your underlying thought processes and openness to discussion is something I could learn a few things from.

• Like 1

I can understand your decision and I can understand it is a hard one. For you and your playerbase equally.

I've spent quite some time on Wyvern Reborn, I've enjoyed it a lot for most of the time - and the main reason I've stopped playing there (although I still have a deed going) is exactly the rewards that got too easy to get. I don't see any other way to resolve such a thing except starting a new server - good luck and thanks all the work you put into Wurm Unlimited!

• New Features
    • Updated to Wurm Unlimited 1.6! See what changed here!
    • New Mod:Taxidermy by Bdew
      • This allows you to create taxidermy kits to preserve corpses as decorations.
      • Kits and preserving both use Fine Carpentry.
      • Creating animated decorations cost 1000 karma.
    • New Mod:Highway Portals by Bdew
      • You can now craft a highway portal for your deed. They are limited to 1 per deed. You begin crafting using a marble brick + mortar.
      • After the portal is built, it can be activated to become the portal for the deed.
      • Portals can be used to teleport to any other deed that is connected via a highway route instantly and without cost.
    • New Mod:3D Stuff by Bdew
      • Tables can now hold 3D objects. Simply activate the item you want to place, right-click the table, then select "place" - quick, easy, stylish.
    • New Mod:Tabard Mod by Governor
      • This mod enables the creation of kingdom-specific tabards, including Wurm Online PMK tabards.
      • This is the one and only mod that does not work properly without Server Packs client mod. Beyond that, if your server packs mod is not configured properly, the textures will not show. Please see the mod thread if you encounter issues with seeing proper textures for crafted tabards.

• Weapon Rebalance
    • In the spirit of shifting up the meta a little, the following weapon adjustments have been made. These are intentionally done to offer more diversity in the weapons that players use without making your current favorite useless.
    • Warhammer damage reduced from 10.0 to 9.75. Warhammers became a favored unique slaying weapon with their high base damage and ability to dual wield. I'm toning down the base damage to remove them from being the optimal weapon without contest during a unique slaying, hopefully giving players a reason to revisit 2 handed weapons instead.
    • Two Handed Sword damage increased from 11.0 to 11.5.
    • Steel Staff damage increased from 9.0 to 9.5.
    • Halberd damage increased from 10.75 to 11.25.
    • Scythe damage increased from 10.2 to 10.4.
    • Large Maul damage increased from 11.5 to 12.0.
    • Steel Spear damage increased from 10.25 to 10.75.
    • Huge Axe damage increased from 12.5 to 13.8.
    • Short Sword damage increased from 5.3 to 5.5.
    • Battle Yoyo damage increased from 7.5 to 7.75.
    • Sickle damage increased from 6.0 to 6.1.
    • Small Axe damage increased from 5.8 to 5.9.
    • Small Axe swing speed improved from 2.75 to 2.65.
    • Sacrificial Knife damage increased from 4.9 to 5.15.
    • Butcher Knife damage increased from 4.0 to 4.15.
    • Longsword damage increased from 6.7 to 6.8.
    • Small Maul damage increased from 5.7 to 5.8.
    • Small Maul swing speed improved from 3.0 to 2.9.
    • Large Axe damage increased from 8.2 to 8.4.
    • Club damage increased from 8.0 to 8.5.
    • Club swing speed improved from 4.25 to 4.1.
    • Long Spear swing speed improved from 5.0 to 4.75.
  • Minor Changes
    • The Village Teleport body action has been disabled. Instead, one of the new highway portals will be placed in Holdstrong. You can use that to get back to your deed instantly if a highway is built.
    • Eternal Reservoirs are now twice as efficient, requiring half the previous amount of souls to perform its activities.
    • Soulstealing is now easier. You should steal souls more frequently and produce higher quality souls more often.
    • Difficulty of feeding souls to the Eternal Reservoir has been significantly reduced. Souls should now enter more frequently and provide more power.
    • Discord relay messages will now display a server timestamp, accurately displaying the time the message occurs.
    • Rumors of new uniques will display in the #rumors channel in discord instead of #events.
  • Arena Changes
    • Lilith has been re-enabled as a Titan. There may still be issues with her mechanics. If they pose an issue with the new update, she will be disabled again.
    • Discord will now relay death messages from the Arena server in the new #deaths channel.
    • The 10 minute and 1 minute warning messages for Arena depots have been removed. There are now messages at 60, 20, and 5 minutes remaining.
    • Supply depot respawn timer increased from 5 hours to 7 hours.
    • The /who command has been disabled entirely on Arena. It will always display the message "You cannot detect other players on the Arena."
  • Known Bugs
    • Critical strike attacks versus non-players (added by my Armoury mod) is currently not functional.

• Like 1

This server is not being actively developed. This update is to keep it playable after the recent Wurm Unlimited version for players interested in seeing the vast history of this server first-hand, as well as those who continue to play on it.

• Update to Wurm Unlimited 1.6.3.2
    • Full notes: https://steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/1667898845201385815
    • Highlights:
      • Conditioned creatures (raging, greenish, slow) now have subtle colorings to distinguish them.
      • PvP Affinities are now distributed randomly instead of to the last attacker. If no affinity is gained, a week-long timed affinity is awarded to a random attacker.
      • PvP Ranks are now more evenly distributed.
      • Bugfixes for missions.
      • Fixed the obscene glowing textures when players use an activated item.
  • Update to Wurm Unlimited 1.7.0.0
    • Full Notes: https://steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/1699429024565457994
    • Highlights:
      • Archaeology Improvements - Journal reports, bug fixes, etc.
      • Creature Cages - Able to be created with 60 Carpentry, these can contain several creatures and be loaded/unloaded onto vehicles.
      • Personal Goal Changes - Many of the personal goals have been fixed and many have been adjusted to be easier to complete.
  • Miscellaneous
    • Updated the server tab link to go to the proper webpage.
    • Fixed an issue where certain creatures that were spawned would refuse to target players and could not be targeted. Existing ones may still be bugged.

Wyvern Reborn is now officially closed.

Today I've officially shut down Wyvern Reborn for the last time. I will no longer be hosting the server. As such, in order to keep my previous promises, I've spent some time over the last few days going through the server files to prepare for a public release of the files so players would be able to host their own local server or rehost the server altogether. Today, I feel confident that I've done my due diligence to ensure that no harmful information, such as twitter authentication keys or the discord bot authentication key, is released with the files today.

There are two different maps available for download. One is a backup from April 25th, 2019. This is the databases that existed directly before taking down the server. The alternative is from July 4th, 2018. This file is the one which had been most recently updated to Wurm Unlimited 1.7. The reason I'm providing both copies is because there has been very little activity on the server since that update. There has also been over 50 deeds disbanded on the login server due to upkeep since that update. 75 deeds existed in the 2018 version. 18 deeds exist in the 2019 version.

Other than the maps, there are two downloads for the mods. The first is the full compiled modlist that was being run on the servers prior to shutdown. This includes mods that I did not write. The second download would be the sources for mods that I edited personally. There may be minor adjustments compared to the one released by the author. These are sources and would need to be compiled before being used as actual mods. Their compiled form is included in the compiled mods download.

July 4th, 2018 Map Download (~400 MB, 3 servers [pve, pve2, arena])
April 25th, 2019 Map Download (~400 MB, 3 servers [pve, pve2, arena])
Compiled Mods (40MB, compiled mods compatible with WU 1.7)
Mod Sources (1.4MB, contains source code for all mods that I personally edited)

These files are compatible with 1.7, and will not run with the current set of compiled mods on the existing 1.9 version. Mods will either have to be removed (causing errors, but potentially running) or updated to allow the server to run properly.

Important Disclaimer: I make no promises to assist with the download or running of this server. These files are provided as-is and I cannot guarantee assistance in helping run them or update their mods.

Note to potential server rehosts

If someone seriously takes the time to update the mods and rehost the server, I am willing to cooperate with that process and grant the new host ownership of the Wyvern Reborn discord server and the existing Discord bot for DiscordRelay. Despite inactivity, there are still 141 people connected to the Wyvern Reborn discord, and if a new host is found then a mention there would likely bring back some of the playerbase.

Fun Facts

• A total of 14,280 players are registered in the database.
  • Players had a total of 708,552 hours played on Wyvern & Wyvern Reborn. That's 29,523 days or 80.88 years of raw playtime. Combined with the previous statistic, the average playtime of a single person on the server is 49.6 hours per player.
  • Players accumulated a total of 5,309,776 total karma.
  • Players earned a total of 6,223,098 skill points. On average, a player would have 435.7 skill points.
  • The largest structure created on the login server is Kykroldo Castle by Aliko.
  • The player with the most total skill points was Ricepirate with 7645 total skill points.
  • The player with the highest single skill was Plopper with 99.9999977044354 Blacksmithing. Runners up with over 99.995 skill:
    • Alexiaselena with 99.9999971675258 Leatherworking.
    • Ricepirate with 99.9999967992854 Warhammer.
    • Delfos with 99.9999966521108 Fishing.
    • Mashhiven with 99.9999654121842 Digging.
    • Geschirre with 99.9998053011467 Weapon Heads Smithing.
    • Uubucks with 99.9997725526481 Masonry.
    • Kaliaukko with 99.9996954573891 Weapon Heads Smithing.
    • Kaliaukko with 99.9996745581135 Woodcutting.
    • Cynnthia with 99.9994160217687 Staff.
    • Ricepirate with 99.9963800145037 Farming.
    • Mootred with 99.9950017518288 Warhammer.

• Like 2