Sign in to follow this  
Ulfhrafn

The moons are shaking

Hello

While playing on Xanadu I noticed the moons are shaking when I'm rowing the boat. My character is also shaking while sitting in the boat. When I travel by foot the moons are also shaking but slightly less than in boat. I also noticed holding lmb makes the shaking a bit less violent.

Ok, I tried the unstable client. It does indeed fix the shaking moons problem, although my character keeps shaking fast while sailing. I also noticed some animations are very odd, like the shield on arm moving on itself, or upper part of chain coif detaching creating a crack in it while the character stands idle and breathes. Also the distant trees and grass keep flickering as I move around.

I think this unnatural character shaking in the moving boat looks like idle rocking boat animation which becomes faster when you start to move, so when you sit in a boat idle you slowly rock on waves, when you move - you rock faster.

3 hours ago, Ulfhrafn said:

Ok, I tried the unstable client. It does indeed fix the shaking moons problem, although my character keeps shaking fast while sailing. I also noticed some animations are very odd, like the shield on arm moving on itself, or upper part of chain coif detaching creating a crack in it while the character stands idle and breathes. Also the distant trees and grass keep flickering as I move around.

I think this unnatural character shaking in the moving boat looks like idle rocking boat animation which becomes faster when you start to move, so when you sit in a boat idle you slowly rock on waves, when you move - you rock faster.

Thank you for checking that, Ulfhrafn.  The unstable client did fix the shaking.  However, you are correct about character shaking and boats as well.  This is known by the dev team and seems to happen more on the larger servers.

The devs are still working on that issue and hopefully things will be better on the 4.0 client.   Again, thank you for your report and your checking the other client!