Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

Examine buildings tells Owner

I wisht there was a way to examine a building as you do a boat and find out the owner

What benifit would this offer the building owner?

• Like 1

not the building owner but others who may need to contact the owner.  Such as abandoned shacks or deed owneres who have to find the owners of buildings on deed.  Just because they are on deed does not give the mayor ownership, permissions or anything else. Would be great to be able to examine for owner.  No downfall to the building owner at all even in PVP.

2 hours ago, Lolabelle said:

not the building owner but others who may need to contact the owner.  Such as abandoned shacks or deed owneres who have to find the owners of buildings on deed.  Just because they are on deed does not give the mayor ownership, permissions or anything else. Would be great to be able to examine for owner.  No downfall to the building owner at all even in PVP.

If we're talking buildings on your deed that you are mayor of, then +1. If the building is truly abandoned then what are the chance that you'll be able to contact the owner anyway?  Lots of players want their privacy and don't want people PMing them, even about benignly placed buildings, much less the ones that they intentionally placed anonymously.

If the owner wants to be known then she can change the building name to include her contact info or place a sign outside. This change would benefit only those who seek personal gain by learning the owner of a building.

In PvP intel is everything. You can learn a lot from the owner.

And before I offend anyone, I am not implying that OP is seeking to do anything illicit or at the expense of others, only that a change like this would make such things possible with no benefit to the owner and is therefor unbalanced and needs more work before it could be implemented.

• Like 3

No on all buildings but definitely +1 for mayor of deed in case of on-deed buildings.

For on deed buildings mayor should simply have the option to take over the ownership of said building.

For off deed, it is none of your business.

• Like 1

+1

I, for one, woudl be very curious to know who penned in a source fountain ;)

On 7/11/2017 at 6:27 PM, Aeryck said:

If we're talking buildings on your deed that you are mayor of, then +1. If the building is truly abandoned then what are the chance that you'll be able to contact the owner anyway?  Lots of players want their privacy and don't want people PMing them, even about benignly placed buildings, much less the ones that they intentionally placed anonymously.

If the owner wants to be known then she can change the building name to include her contact info or place a sign outside. This change would benefit only those who seek personal gain by learning the owner of a building.

In PvP intel is everything. You can learn a lot from the owner.

And before I offend anyone, I am not implying that OP is seeking to do anything illicit or at the expense of others, only that a change like this would make such things possible with no benefit to the owner and is therefor unbalanced and needs more work before it could be implemented.

SO make it disabled it on PVP.    Nothing there applies to PVE anyway.

49 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

I fail to see why this should be enabled on PvE.   

1 hour ago, Lolabelle said:

People like their privacy on PvE as well though.  I'd rather that not be taken away.

I'd be willing to +1 it for Mayors on their own deed, and I'd even say their own perimeter.

Anything on my deed though should remain as private as I'd like, please, so from that standpoint -1.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reylaark said:

and I'd even say their own perimeter.

so you drop a deed next to someones building just to see who it belongs too? 

off deed nope

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

so you drop a deed next to someones building just to see who it belongs too?

Sounds a bit excessive, but fair enough.

Primary concern to me is privacy on my own land.

12 hours ago, Wargasm said:

I fail to see why this should be enabled on PvE.   

1.  Random shack pops up and prevents you expanding your deed, it gives you someone to contact

2.  Random shacks surround your deed with a clear intent to prevent expansion, you can report the user much more easily

3.  Random shacks popping up around source springs; you can identify the players penning them (not really sure if this is intended for PvE)

4.  If you want to settle somewhere but you see a shack nearby, you can contact the player directly

I could continue, but really I think this speaks for itself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

1.  Random shack pops up and prevents you expanding your deed, it gives you someone to contact

2.  Random shacks surround your deed with a clear intent to prevent expansion, you can report the user much more easily

This is why I was suggesting allowing a mayor to use this feature within his/her own perimeter.  Upsetting for Jake but I believe since the mayor can expand perimeter over a house, it would address the two issues above.

3.  Random shacks popping up around source springs; you can identify the players penning them (not really sure if this is intended for PvE)

Can't say I know enough about this.  If it is a banned behavior, report it?

4.  If you want to settle somewhere but you see a shack nearby, you can contact the player directly

What if the player who owns the shack doesn't wish to be contacted?  They're not doing anything wrong building somewhere without a deed.

I can see how contacting them would be nicer than just deeding nearby and expanding perimeter... Not sure.  I'm tempted to say there's enough land out there that one could choose to deed where another isn't living.  Could kind of tell what kind of habitation is going on there based on what's around it, no?  A shack just to keep people from deeding isn't going to have much else around it showing signs of homesteading.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, Aeryck said:

Lots of players want their privacy and don't want people PMing them, even about benignly placed buildings, much less the ones that they intentionally placed anonymously.

This is the way I look at the situation as well. Currently there is some anonymity offered in buildings built off deed and I would *not* like to see that removed by showing the owners name in some manner.

=Ayes=

On 7/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, Etherdrifter said:

+1

I, for one, woudl be very curious to know who penned in a source fountain ;)

As worthless as source fountains are, it is still none of your business who built a shack over one, or any other assorted reasons people build off deed buildings, if they wanted someone to know who put the building up they can leave the name as is or put up a sign, since this usually does not happen they obviously don't want anyone to know, or care that anyone knows who put the building there.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

As worthless as source fountains are, it is still none of your business who built a shack over one, or any other assorted reasons people build off deed buildings, if they wanted someone to know who put the building up they can leave the name as is or put up a sign, since this usually does not happen they obviously don't want anyone to know, or care that anyone knows who put the building there.

Well, that solves that mystery

-1 for above stated reasons. If its not on your deed, its none of your business who does the building belong to. If they plop it down to prevent you from expanding, its still none of your business to know who they are. If you think its griefing, contact a GM who will be able to find the owner.

Deed it or loose it. There is no reason you should know what belongs to whom anymore than other people need to know the contents of your magical chest.

26 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Deed it or loose it. There is no reason you should know what belongs to whom anymore than other people need to know the contents of your magical chest.

Well... Deed it, put a 1x1 shack over it, or lose it, eh?

That said, I'm neutral to the idea. One part of me says invasion of privacy, the other says should off-deed anything be considered private anyway?

No + or - on this from me.