Sign in to follow this  
KilsWitcH

Internal shakeup

30 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Goodness gracious calm down... A person who runs this game and looks to make a profit out of it wouldn't try to scare his community away.

They are quite fond of telling me they don't actually work for the company and are (for the most part) just volunteers. If they don't get paid, why would they care?

20 minutes ago, Corsan said:

They are quite fond of telling me they don't actually work for the company and are (for the most part) just volunteers. If they don't get paid, why would they care?

Those who are volunteers are obviously not the highest in charge... Who volunteers to be a CEO

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

Goodness gracious calm down... A person who runs this game and looks to make a profit out of it wouldn't try to scare his community away.

this is not a situation to be calm about, if its true then this should be taken with a boatload of salt not just a teaspoon, and I too have noticed some internal hocus pocus when I tried to garner player support doe an issue I was having, censorship is a no no in any form doesn't matter, if it is a balatant lie or exaggerated or just smearing someone's rep it is the player base and other staff that should filter this material and reply to said allegations, not censor them, what greater degree of admitting to said statements is there?? No I am not going to prove myself to be ok instead I will use my authority or influence or I will just threaten those who can erase said allegations and be done with it... there is no greater admission of guilt.. even better than a vocal testimony which can be lied about if the person so chooses to protect those involved in higher up positions.. anyhpow I digress.. I think this should be a great time for a real internal shakeup where the player base has the freedom to raise issues wiuth staff and for staff to raise issues with clients and ets come out better in the end, I am tired of losing good players to these self serving individuals who feel invulnerable behind an internet connection and so doing take steps to aggressively remove or hinder those they feel threatened by.. I am tired so tired of it.. and its time to do something about it.. we need a board of directors, you say this is a player created game then why do we have people who time and time again show disregard for said players, and I am not saying everybody and I am not saying all the time, but there are discrepancies between staff and players that need looking into.. this game is teetering, and I don't like the side that seems to drive off the other side time and time again, we are losing quality people and the rift raft stays, that's not how I want Wurm's future decided.. thanks for reading a long winded statement if you did again.. but really lets get on with our future however we must .. and generally I will say I am happy with staff and player base but there are just a few bad veins running in our collective Wurm body and people are silenced every time they speak up about it.. is that really a player run game?? Who's paying the bills these days..you know Wurm unlimited iust went  on sale right now and just about ever month for awhile.. so it has me thinking of alternatives.. maybe ill convince some friends to join me, like all of them..... what a wasteland this will be.. maybe the spoken against will speak against each other and tell each other to shut up..and what a great place Wurm online will be.. and Rolf will cry collective tears for us all..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psisimian said:

censorship is a no no in any form doesn't matter, if it is a balatant lie or exaggerated or just smearing someone's rep it is the player base and other staff that should filter this material and reply to said allegations, not censor them, what greater degree of admitting to said statements is there??

Stop right there, and I apologize for talking about anything not related to the OP, but censorship is highly beneficial. I dont know about other people, but when i search for a new game to play online i look at the forums to see what to expect in a game thats quite old. I look at the most recent posts and judge the game from there. I was HIGHLY interested in playing landmark (the everquest landmark game) and was completely thrown off by the forum. "Should i buy this game? Its dying! Where are our refunds? The people running this game are terrible" ETC and a few people here and there said that theres still a good community and that the people are just complaining that its not as amazing as they hope it would be. Sadly i thought the game would die, bought it, lagged a little and didnt even continue beyond tutorial. I just did a refund in fear. If those posts were censored, I would have kept the game and dealt with the lag or make my best attempt to fix it and probably play it for a good amount of time. I played wurmonline before the forum was filled with "How are we broken economy/uniques/staff" post every week and my experiences with the game have not changed. Only a bunch of awesome updates... and the cooking update. Whenever i ask for supports help they serpents pop out of the sky and save me or my friend (thanks smeagain and some other guy i dont remember). In game i have absolutely no issues, and if there were any I bet they would be fixed within that day.

1 hour ago, psisimian said:

I think this should be a great time for a real internal shakeup where the player base has the freedom to raise issues wiuth staff and for staff to raise issues with clients and ets come out better in the end.

And just like a staff mentioned earlier, They would rather you communicate with them than publicize it. And as a player, I would prefer that too. If you are looking to help the community you should first talk to the people in charge, Not start off by publicizing the issue.

Hit CTRL F and look for Challenging Moderation in this post below as well. 

RIP Shrimpiie and all the impalongs Shrimp hosted :( Only event I actually ever went to and enjoyed.

• Like 1

All the Impalongs?

Visiting his Impalong last xmas totally showed me his true face. Not only the face he showed me but the face he showed others also.

And then he had the stomach to declare he was gonna do this years impalong again and started to SELL stuff to finance it!

Talk about a failed community project hijacked by staff who then could also monetize.

I bet the sales he had on his merchants during Impalong is what drives a good reason for him to host another one.

I hope now someone else will step up and make this years Impalong at some other location and truly communitydriven.

Edited by Cecci
typos

3 minutes ago, Cecci said:

All the Impalongs?

Visiting his Impalong last xmas totally showed me his true face. Not only the face he showed me but the face he showed others also.

And then he had the stomach to declare he was gonna do this years impalong again and started to SELL stuff to finance it!

Talk about a failed community project hijacked by staff who then could also monetize.

I bet the sales he had on his merchants during Impalong is what drives a good reason for him to host another one.

I hope now someone else will step up and make this years Impalong at some other location and truly communitydriven.

Nobody stopping you from hosting an impalong.  Personally, it looks like a massive amount of work and effort to me, so I'm happy for someone else to do it; but then, I'm not fussed about how it was run.  And certainly, nobody is forcing me to support the next one financially either.

• Like 1

I'd love to host one but my neighbour on Deli, Daash, hosted eastern last year and my neighbour and allied on Xana, Quiglen, hosted the Xmas one 2015.

I feel like it is good to choose locations a bit apart so we get to see areas we don't already know.

I'll attempt to host one once i finish the dojo.
although im not in an alliance, so it's going to be alot of work. (I'll make an application with pics and a vid, first, then let the ppl decide)
been told i should do so many times, my settlement is like a theme park. I think it'd be fun. 
It may be built by xmas but there's more preparation to do after that.
I had spoken to Shrimpiie about it before, we had agreed that i should try for easter or summer, with him doing the winters. 
Location and deed name sits beneath my avatar.

Edited by Steveleeb

2 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I'd love to host one but my neighbour on Deli, Daash, hosted eastern last year and my neighbour and allied on Xana, Quiglen, hosted the Xmas one 2015.

I feel like it is good to choose locations a bit apart so we get to see areas we don't already know.

You make a great point. I wouldn't go to an impalong if it is going to take place right next to a previous impalong location. Its all about location, not getting a new set of plate armor at 70ql. Honestly though from what i have seen of you in the forums, you wont be able to handle an impalong. Its not going to be filled with generous people following the rules. There will be people throwing 2 sets of plate with fake names. bringing every tool possible when they are told 5. You are going to have a bunch of tools go missing and people complaining to you. Shrimpiie took care of everybody individually. After the impalong was over he took the time to mail my items back to me, and i would assume i was no snowflake to him. Im pretty sure he did the same for every item he can. You seem (i repeat seem) to be the type to point fingers rather than attempt to solve issues. I don't know what you saw in Shrimpiie but it was probably the same thing you saw in me, and thats enough to tell me that you are over exaggerating his wrong doings.

• Like 2

Shrimp's impalong last winter was a blast.

Everyone who came over enjoyed the place, the atmosphere, the fun, the great community spirit.

Everyone was treated with respect, everyone was looked after, everyone got a bite of food, a joke, a smile, a cheer up, a bed to sleep, a glorious death in the arena.

He worked almost alone (or with his one and only villager) for about half a year, redesigned the entire deed, spent countless hours late in the night, sometimes falling asleep on his keyboard, to make that place as welcoming as possible for everyone who attended the event.

That deserves gratitude, at the very least.

None of those hosting impalongs over the years did it for personal gain, none got rich from them, none bought a scale set from the awesome sales they had, none could afford to open a bank account in Cayman Islands when the events were over.

• Like 11

As often the case in thread like these, they go off on tangents, and empassioned people say a bit more than they should and overstate the issue.  Aside when something like this happens at the highest level of staff, and given all the shennigans that went on regarding pvp kingdoms and their departure enmasse from the server, it denotes a serious issue, a very serious issue.  Two kingdoms left, left without paying their deeds and left without paying all the subscriptions as well.  These are people that otherwise loved the game but left prematurely against their intended will and departure.  I was one of those people.  I was also someone on staff for a few years or more.  There are some on staff with the name tag only that do little, there are others that here n there contribute a bit more,  then there are the few that carry the bigger part of the workload.  This is true on the CA , CM, GM, FM, BM side of the game staff.  Most of us volunteer out of love for the game and want to give back, others have different motives.  I left staff twice not because I didn't enjoy it anymore but because there are shennanigans that go on within that aren't dealt with, that are tolerated, that others are too afraid to bring up so too few raise the issue especially seeing how not much is done about it, and fear retribution that can happen and sometimes does.  I was very active as a cm and alfm out of care and  while in those roles saw much over time.  I'm getting to middle age, with executive responsibilities in real life that helped while on staff to not care much for roles/titles as well as not respond to every questionable activity yet there becomes a point when you become so dismayed, and you can empathize with the players frustration with staff action/interaction.   I think this is what people are responding to now with this latest news and to then be censored only adds to the wounds.  One also has to remember the concerns and comments about shrimpiie are his actions as  a player not staff and as such shouldn't be subject to staff protection under staff bashing , his staff activity was and is not in question.  Thusly he should have no other special protections for players to comment from any other player in the game.  As some one who was to be the LFM at one time and eventually declined it , i'm well aware of the forum rules, and also advocated and constructed for  review  a revamp of them finding them too punative, this isn't a correctional facility. This didn't go anywhere.  I think rather than react defensively, please see player comments as ones of concern even if they don't articulate it exactly in the "right" way.  It points to why so many leave, so many good staff leave.  We all love the game intensely so it's not lack of that.  I hope this too is not edited out or removed because it's not pleasing to hear.

Edited by Bloodscythe

People are just now learning about the problems with the rules in relation to forum posts. I feel like an old man going "I told you so".

• Like 1

Shrimps  awsome!   he made a mistake, and had  to deal with   the  aftermath.    That being said, hes  still awsome  to me and ive known him for years,  specially since he  was my  villager  for a very long time.   If  ya  got issues  with shrimp, take  them up with me and i will gladly open a portal above your house  and  send it  to another  planet.   Don't think i can?   check the past, mwhahahaha!   now  seriously  he  didnt break any  real rules, it  was more of  a  ethics issue.   Don't  anyone  here  act  like they are perfect  or  never made a mistake or  got  caught up  in a  convo on a  fourm. its  done and  over with now.  ill gladly  help my  dinner  anytime it needs help.  Oh and hi   i have been  mia  due  to too many kids  daily,  i got 3 kids yet  up to 12  appear in my  home  daily,  i need a new  bug  spray lol.

• Like 3

Writing clear, thorough, detailed posts helps getting rid of flames, speculations, accusations and gossips and hence the need for superfluous moderation.@Enki

Kudos to Shrimpie for the Shrimpalong and being a spectacular sea creature that doesn't know where to put "u" in "colour".

• Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 4:02 AM, Cecci said:

All the Impalongs?

I helped run the 2016 Shrimpalong and I think it was fantastic! I even plan to try to help him out again this year.

Edited by Damminson
additional commentation
  • Like 2