Sign in to follow this  
KilsWitcH

Internal shakeup

After this shock news:

I'd just like to say thank you to Shrimpiie for owning up to what he did and taking the consequences. A lot more people should follow in your footsteps.

Keep your chin up. Enjoy the game.

Cheers

Kil

• Like 7

3 hours ago, KilsWitcH said:

After this shock news:

I'd just like to say thank you to Shrimpiie for owning up to what he did and taking the consequences. A lot more people should follow in your footsteps.

Keep your chin up. Enjoy the game.

Cheers

Kil

Where did he own up? I must have missed something.

Old school PVP:

Email Rolf to get your champ life back

New school PVP:

Make forums posts and ###### up every public means of communication to get people banned

• Like 5

Oh the OP meant how in discord everyone saying its not cool to steal and lie are stupid according to shrimpiie and its was good to do it because at that time it wasnt an offence?  Gothca.

• Like 1

this is realy stupid    shrimpiie aka prawn do alot of good work... everything pvp releted was always on pve too...  so pvp win this time

1 hour ago, Sila said:

this is realy stupid    shrimpiie aka prawn do alot of good work... everything pvp releted was always on pve too...  so pvp win this time

like how others got banned for just exactly what shrimpiie wanted to do? idk about that man, some straight up hypocrisy if he was allowed to get away with what he was claiming he did

Does this mean that Shrimpie to a big extent was responsable/made it possible for the actions that led to MR disbanding?

Edited by Cecci

A lapse in judgement was made some years ago by shrimpiie and unfortunately it led to this.

I will say that Shrimpiie has been a valuable member of the community in both a staff and non staff role, and I would like to thank him for all he has done so far and look forward to attending his impalongs in the future. 

As stated, this has NOTHING to do with the hack on MR, and if this was done by any other player it would have gone unpunished.

• Like 6

Always had the highest regard for Shrimpiie. Very level headed, did an awful lot behind the scenes that most people don't see. A huge help to me when I was LFM.

We all make mistakes.

Edited by solmark
  • Like 4

Someone should dig up his recent comments he made in regards to what he did back in 2015 and how he feels it was no mistake nor a bad judgement call.

He is not paying for something he did in the past, but actually he is paying for something he did in the present, for a GM he showed a very poor attitude towards the player base he is supposed to be non-biased and ethical towards.

Ah yes, poor poor shrimpiie

Edited by JakeRivers

Meh. I think stuff like that if proven should be a perma-ban and it was for several people involved I believe? Correct me If I'm wrong here.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong here but it's ok for players to access opposing kingdoms forums but not for players who then become staff to have done so? That's the only way I can make any sense out of shrimpiie being fired off the gm squad. If that's the case it does raise questions about the rest of the long time pvp based gm's tho :(

• Like 3

As I understood it he got access in his early days in his role as GM, back in 2015.

I suppose he has had access ever since then, and well he plays in JK iirc.

It is more for the attitude he has in regards to what he did in the past than anything else, a maturity level that would be expected from a young player, but not expected for a game master.

• Like 4

No matter what happened, I have nothing but respect for the Kabob. I do not play PVP, so I may not *completely* understand the implications, but I have dealt with him many times, and have seen nothing to give me any reason to doubt his integrity. 

Also, as anyone who has been gaming or online for any amount of time knows things are not always as they seem. Sometimes its those who yell the loudest who have the most to hide. I've yet to see the Kabob yell...

• Like 1

Actively promoting and aiding in metagaming activity should never be allowed as part of Wurm, let alone a GM and the lead forum moderator. People such as himself should have better morals.

This was a well justified response by Enki, but i think it should be left at that. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

1 down, few more to go

No kidding 

• Like 2

I've had occasion to be helped by Shrimpiie in his capacity as GM.   I appreciated it at the time, and I still do.

I think it should be emphasized, especially to anyone new to Wurm or thinking of joining, that the GM in question is not being reprimanded for his actions as GM.

Reading Enki's description of events, Shrimpiie did not in any way abuse or misuse his position as GM.  No player was negatively affected by his being a GM.  This is not at all a case of a GM acting poorly as GM.

Such has been seen in quite a few games, nightmare scenario all players dread... not the case here.

Player acted as a player using a player account.  Said account is also volunteered as a GM.  This brings the added scrutiny of a staff doing their best to keep everything above board.

As Captain of the ship, Enki had to cut loose a man who fell overboard for the sake of the ship.  In this case, the man fell overboard not due to a failure in his position on the crew, but as a consequence of a personal decision unrelated to his duties.

I believe, if anything, my message to any new players or potential players would be to look at this as evidence of the abundance of caution and value this staff places on any whiff of impropriety.

I hope Shrimpiie gets the chance to enjoy the game without the extra responsibilities he volunteered for.  While I would normally rip a prawn's spine right out, skewer them, and toss them on a glowing hot grill, I think I'll let this shrimp go right about his business.  Now who's up for crabs?

• Like 12

Probably should throw another shrimp on the barbie if you catch my drift.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Redd said:

Actively promoting and aiding in metagaming activity should never be allowed as part of Wurm, let alone a GM and the lead forum moderator. People such as himself should have better morals.

This was a well justified response by Enki, but i think it should be left at that. 

Crimsonwolf

• Like 1

if he said he done x actions and felt bad, people may have gave it a pass but as Jake said, he was more gloating and seemed more proud of the actions and seemed to relish on the fact he did it, instead of contacting the kingdom it had happened to.
Idk i feel in situations where something gets stolen you should do your best to make sure it goes back to the owners, not take advantage of it. But I guess that's my freedom side coming out.

The attitude got the removal not the action, which i agree with. 

I've worked with shrimpiie a long time.years yes but it was more the the hours that each actively contributed to staff work , taking it serious, and caring with passion about wurm and assisting people in their game experience.  Shrimpiie has always worked very hard and done much behind the scenes as Solmark remarked.  It's easy in the sometimes acidic relationship between staff and player to make more of this or speculate more than the scope of it.  If it's about what i believe it to be, the action was taken years ago in a lapse of maturity couple months into his GM training time frame where he used a character not associated with staff to access a third party forum via a disgruntled player.  I don't t think he thought through his action at all to know and see the crossed line action as a player knowing when on staff you are always seen as on staff and can't divorce yourself from it it.  I hesitate to share this to illustrate better the person, yet it's something i know he would not nor could not deny. Though I was always subordinate to him on staff, his enthusiasm on staff and hubris rand ahead of him attimes.  I'd often suggest he not take certain actions or slow down or pause and rethink what he wanted to say or do.  It's an innocents of maturity lapse we've all had.  to that end I think who among us has not done this many times even the chronic forum rightous.  I can see why, though an inactionable offense as a player , Enki has made a public announcement and took serious action about it due to staff expectations set forth by him.

Edited by shakys
Staff bashing
  • Like 1

Never forget

7OkSGiB.png

Bot3i4R.png

4qP9aZ3.png

p8TsDnQ.png

Edited by Jibberish
  • Like 2