Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

Rift For 12 July - Independence We Have a Problem

This post will be considerably different than past rift posts.  Why?  Because the newest rift has opened in a currently inaccessible location:

dX4V41S.png

The map doesn't show it clearly -- this is atop a mountain conservatively estimated at 10,000 to 15,000 slope high.

I believe we have to begin a server-wide project to create a path to the rift.  I'm told that if we don't close the rift, it does not close on its own.  The players must close the rift in order to progress to the next rift 9 days later.  This is a good challenge for us, Indy, to work together to create both a pathway to the rift, and then to schedule a rift event that attracts enough players to close the rift.

I have marked a "base camp" -- this is the flat area at the entrance to Gate To Heaven's mine (which has collapsed).

3EjB4ij.png

That black area is a flat, paved area with a well and a couple of pointing signs.  It's the entrance to the mine.  It's also how you get to an area atop the mine where the Gate To Heaven owner had made a pathway that was never paved.   To get to that pathway, you have to climb up the rock, and up the hill.  It is climbable with 24 or so body stamina.

Here is my initial thoughts on a doable project:

1) Terraform the area by the mine entrance to allow access to the pathway. Raising ground and creating a path to the pathway.

2) Pave everything.

3) That gets us halfway.  Then we have to create an upwards mine tunnel to the rift.

Please add your thoughts to this thread, and let's discuss the project / progress - and eventually work out the timing of when the rift event will happen. Perhaps ti will be in two days when the rift naturally opens, but it may take considerably longer than that to complete this project to get access to the rift.

Again, these are just initial thoughts based on 1-2 hours of surveying and discussing with folks online.  If anyone has better ideas, please share :)

Thank you,
Finndar

Edit: For those who might want to solo or small group it, here is a timer:

Hawaii		Wednesday	8:00am
Alaska		Wednesday	10:00am
US Pacific	Wednesday	1:00pm
US Eastern	Wednesday	2:00pm
Sao Paolo	Wednesday	3:00pm
GMT		Wednesday	6:00pm
London		Wednesday	7:00pm
CEST		Wednesday	8:00pm
EEST		Wednesday	9:00pm
India		Wednesday	11:30pm
Beijing		Thursday	2:00am
Tokyo		Thursday	3:00am
Sydney		Thursday	4:00am
Auckland	Thursday	6:00am

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 3

Well if we can get a few pop folks to walk up there and team up to do it, fine by me.

Sounds like a laugh, i'll go for a climb too xD

Original post edited to add the time the rift will open.

no need for massive project, there is a road up (i'll plant some signs to it tomorrow)

• Like 3

They sure have been sticking close to the same area of Indy....

yeah there is a road, please keep it public though don't put a gate hop there...

How come no one posts of up screenshots of it's location?

Take the 2 lane north of bartertown north up the  mountain. at east west junction, go west . at guard tower go north then west. at next guard tower take the single lane north to a tunnel.

North exit of tunnel has a road that circles around to the rift . sorry , no pix, was at least 3 trolls and a scorp chasing me out of there.

These roads are all on the Albia map.

• Like 1

the mine at gate to heaven is open again so people coming from the north side of the mountain can use that one

if you're coming from the south side, i dropped some signs starting from the highway at J19 so you don't have to go all the way to gate to heaven

• Like 2

you ruined it cerber, let them climb while we take the easy route up :)

Finishing up the paddock area and safe house to retreat to if needed to bandage and heal.  it'll be 10 tiles off rift so as not to have rift mobs right at the door.

this will be quite a unique rift fight given the geomorphology here.  should provide plenty of screams and laughs.  Strongly advise NOT fighting on foot but have a mount to prevent humpty dumpty problems

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, Finndar said:

Edit: For those who might want to solo or small group it, here is a timer:

Hawaii		Wednesday	8:00am
Alaska		Wednesday	10:00am
US Pacific	Wednesday	1:00pm
US Eastern	Wednesday	2:00pm
Sao Paolo	Wednesday	3:00pm
GMT		Wednesday	6:00pm
London		Wednesday	7:00pm
CEST		Wednesday	8:00pm
EEST		Wednesday	9:00pm
India		Wednesday	11:30pm
Beijing		Thursday	2:00am
Tokyo		Thursday	3:00am
Sydney		Thursday	4:00am
Auckland	Thursday	6:00am

What happened to the US while I was at work? There is no more Central or Mountain time?  RIP the heartland of America.

As a 'rift newb' I'm curious...do we know what would happen if a rift was uncontested?  I totally understand the rift rewards and such, but I wonder if it was ignored and no one went to battle it, does it just stay there popping out evil critters forever or does it eventually fizzle out and poof away?

1 minute ago, Dorian said:

As a 'rift newb' I'm curious...do we know what would happen if a rift was uncontested?  I totally understand the rift rewards and such, but I wonder if it was ignored and no one went to battle it, does it just stay there popping out evil critters forever or does it eventually fizzle out and poof away?

Rift is a set amount of creatures and theyll stay there until they all die

25 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

sounds like a mother-in-law i may know

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Do they die of old age, or do they have to be slain?  Or can they just suicide from boredom?  :P

I was in that mine like a week ago..... there shpuld be 2 or 3 different ways up

I'm on my way to the rift site, the tunnel next to gate of heaven is blocked off (and i dont have my pick so cant clear it) and been following Cerber's signs so think it collapsed recently

Guys..... that was a 2x tunnel thar stretches halfway through the entire mountain.... there no way it "just collapsed"

Help! When I came back to home, some guy lies unconscious and drunk on roof of my house. I have to low body strength to move him of my roof.sm1JSJy.jpg

Teeebomb's scr

Edited by Xagru
  • Like 3