Sign in to follow this  
Zera

King's Coffers always Empty?

For an unknown reason to me, despite having restarted my server a couple of different times the coffers is always empty when attempting to sell to a token.

The server's settings says that 100,000i should be generated/deposited every restart but even after waiting for a few hours it remains empty.

Anyone have any idea why?

The setting is not based on restart but a period of real time. Generally the coffers only get refreshed once a month. Unless you have a specific reason I'd recommend the King having a starting value of 1g (you can of course set smaller amounts for the traders starting value and max values).

But the option states "The amount of money that will be in the money pool after a server restart".
If it's month based, then my server is going to be completely drained for a whole month until that generates? o.O

Mind you this is a fresh start server, 2 days old tops now.

Edited by Zera

It's been 5 days since I started up my map and yet still there is nothing in the King's Coffers as far as coin.

I'm convinced I've done something wrong here somewhere, but I can't pinpoint what it is...

Please? Anyone?

It may be worded poorly but welcome to Wurm. However, I can assure you the money does not refresh every restart, it is a triggered periodic event. There is a way you can modify the current coffer holdings via the sqlite databases if you feel comfortable going that route (do this when the server is offline, or at least reboot when done). There are a handful of threads around the talk about modifying the dbs using DB Browser for sqlite. If you get stuck I'm sure I could whip some instructions up.

Money from the upkeep of deeds (and someone will need to double check me but I believe also the initial deed costs as well) also helps to replenish the King's money bags on a continual basis. Also just in case you don't know the money the King starts with is divided between the number of traders on the server. Thus the more traders the less each one gets each month.

Edited by LifesaverM

4 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

It may be worded poorly but welcome to Wurm. However, I can assure you the money does not refresh every restart, it is a triggered periodic event. There is a way you can modify the current coffer holdings via the sqlite databases if you feel comfortable going that route (do this when the server is offline, or at least reboot when done). There are a handful of threads around the talk about modifying the dbs using DB Browser for sqlite. If you get stuck I'm sure I could whip some instructions up.

Money from the upkeep of deeds (and someone will need to double check me but I believe also the initial deed costs as well) also helps to replenish the King's money bags on a continual basis. Also just in case you don't know the money the King starts with is divided between the number of traders on the server. Thus the more traders the less each one gets each month.

So a fresh map/server/game starts with 0 is what you're telling me, and I must wait 30days for it to accumulate anything?

On a fresh server there should be funds from what you set unless someone is trader draining on your server. If you are the only one on your server the only other explanation is a mod.

6 hours ago, Arkonick said:

On a fresh server there should be funds from what you set unless someone is trader draining on your server. If you are the only one on your server the only other explanation is a mod.

See that's the problem, it's a fresh server and there were 0 traders on it to even drain until the other day anyway.

My mod setup is also no different than what I've had before either, so I'm not sure what to do from there either.

Any experience with certain mods that can cause this sort of thing?

you miss understand trader drainer is another player who makes a ton of items sells it to the trader draining it's coin. Based on the ql and item sold you can drain a trader fast it is how people get rich back in the day on WO.

You got mods then look there every time the game updates people don't update the mods 2 mins after the game has a update.

Only thing you can do is removed all mods and slowly add them back in testing each one till you find the one doing it.

Did anyone discover when the money pool auto-refreshes from the Server Settings?