Sign in to follow this  
Yatooma

Altar of Three unplacable

Started my own server with a custom map, didn't seem to come with its own altar of three. Tried creating my own with the Ebony Wand, whenever I try to place it I get this message:
You must remove the current Altar of Three before placing a new one.

I have tried enabling the End Game Items option, no luck. I have tried dying whilst holding one and then restarting the server, no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: If you create the altar of three, keep it in your inventory and use the /suicide command, then butcher and bury your corpse, the altar spawns immediately after, but with no light and when you attempt to pray, you get this message:
The Altar of Three has no deity, so you cannot pray here.

I tried destroying it and still got the same message:
You must remove the current Altar of Three before placing a new one.

Solutions?

Edited by Yatooma

You must allow the server to auto-create the altars, the manually created ones become "decorations". If the originals ones are truly not visible in world then I'd shutdown the server, remove their entries in the database and start up the server they should then be re-created. You'll need something to edit the database like "DB Browser" and use it to open "wurmitems.db" navigate to the "items" table and you can use the filter to search for the term altar in the "name" field.

EDIT: I should also mention that checking this via the database will reveal the location that they 'should' be which you can also goto in world to verify if they are for sure not visible/reachable. The coordinates are in a different format that tile coordinates so divide what you see in the database by 4. (Pretty sure its 4 my brain hasn't had much sleep so someone can correct me if I'm wrong). You can then teleport to the results to check.

Edited by LifesaverM
Adt'l Info

You can drop a altar by selecting 3 objects in your inventory as well as the altar of three and drop it will drop all 4 objects no need to kill your self.

On 7/10/2017 at 3:00 PM, LifesaverM said:

You must allow the server to auto-create the altars, the manually created ones become "decorations". If the originals ones are truly not visible in world then I'd shutdown the server, remove their entries in the database and start up the server they should then be re-created. You'll need something to edit the database like "DB Browser" and use it to open "wurmitems.db" navigate to the "items" table and you can use the filter to search for the term altar in the "name" field.

EDIT: I should also mention that checking this via the database will reveal the location that they 'should' be which you can also goto in world to verify if they are for sure not visible/reachable. The coordinates are in a different format that tile coordinates so divide what you see in the database by 4. (Pretty sure its 4 my brain hasn't had much sleep so someone can correct me if I'm wrong). You can then teleport to the results to check.

I removed the huge bone altar via the DB as you mentioned, now none show up in the database. After restarting the server it hasn't re-spawned. Any ideas?

Hi, fixed it myself, End Game items was enabled in the server, restarted and hey-presto, it appeared :)