Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Relocation of settlement tokens

13 hours ago, TFH-CO said:

+1 

So assuming we would need a good reason to have a GM come move it? 

Better than: "Feng Shui is better if the token is over there ... no, a little to the left, no back to the right ..."

I guess it depends on the GM and the server. Since it doesn't change the deed borders, on Green Dragon we'll just move anyone's token for any reason at all, including Feng Shui.  :-)  The last one I moved was because the deed mayor wanted to move his roads over 1 tile, and didn't want the token right in the middle of the road. Another player before that wanted to build a house where his token was, so we moved it over for him.  

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

Absolutely +1, on PVE I see no implications against it and can not really see it abused (if to be moved by mayor only and there is a cooldown to avoid "crawling" deeds).

The disband / redeed method can be a huge cost and not always possible (ie. mayor not having the ownership of all houses).

I personally have a couple deeds where plans changed since they planted and I would like the tokens at a different tile now.

• Like 2

I am on a PVE server ( Xan ) and i would love to move it just once...and Like it was mentioned above... one never knows  what will happen or how exactly we will use our  deeds.. I know mine changed..some did not need the token moved but this is a major change and would help with me building homes on my deed so the players would not get traped in my fence lol if they chose to re spawn at the token. heck I have a hard time finding both options .. they are not beside each other in the list... of respawn sites.. or am I blind? lol no do not answer that.. lol

So, a year later and no dev acknowledgement at all, time for a bump and another attempt at getting this one noticed perhaps?

• Like 1

+1 and would be nice for a dev to give us a clue why this is or isn't possible :)

@Retrograderesponded on my post from June 2017, but nothing really came of it. Still hoping for this option as I'd really love to move my token...

How would this even be coded?

I think this would be a unreasonable suggestion, so many conditions is tied into the settlement, dimensions of the deed, ownership of buildings, perimeters of adjoining deeds, hostile animals, and on pvp servers influence.

Would be nice to be able to move a token on a whim, but I don't think this would be a easy one to do.

15 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

How would this even be coded?

I think this would be a unreasonable suggestion, so many conditions is tied into the settlement, dimensions of the deed, ownership of buildings, perimeters of adjoining deeds, hostile animals, and on pvp servers influence.

Would be nice to be able to move a token on a whim, but I don't think this would be a easy one to do.

This is already coded and possible for GMs to do as a part of WU, maintaining existing deed boundaries, it simply recalculates the NSEW distances bases on the new location.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:58 PM, Seriphina said:

it simply recalculates the NSEW distances bases on the new location

it doesn't even need to since they are stored as absolute coordinates.

6 hours ago, bdew said:

it doesn't even need to since they are stored as absolute coordinates.

I know you would have this figured out, no reason not to make this a thing then, some of my deeds I would be happy to pay the resizing cost just to move a token rather than disbanding any day.

They could slap the same fee as a deed name change even.

Edited by JakeRivers

+1

I've made the mistake of placing the deed token in a place that I later realized was very unpractical. This would indeed be nice!

This seems a very nice option to have available. There must be some unexplained (time consuming?) reason why the Devs don't want to bother with doing it. Makes me wonder, hmmm.....

=Ayes=

+1 great idea I changed the initial layout of my deeds so many times and the token is always in the worst place :D

+1 Rezzing this thread from the dead. Would REALLY love this option. 

Edited by Terri

+1 

Really, could we see this added? 

It feels really unfair to 1) expect a player to have their designs fully planned before placing a token or 2) require them to repay founding costs to disband and re-deed just to relocate the settlement within the existing deed.

Also, for anyone who comes here and reads this thread and thinks a GM can do this - my first-hand experience from asking for this help is that they can't. It's only GMs on WU, not WO.

Edit: Just checked and it would be just over 19s for me to disband and re-deed just so I can reposition my settlement token. That leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

Edited by Calan