Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Relocation of settlement tokens

This is something many players have been asking: "Why can't I move my settlement token after the deed has been placed?"

It looks like a useful and natural feature, especially since the token does not have to be in the geographical center of the settlement anymore, anyway. There can be many reasons for moving the token a few tiles after placing the deed:

• Fixing an accidental misplacing
  • Redesigning the settlement layout
  • Building new structures or removing old ones
  • etc...

Of course, some of the more sophisticated implications of this suggested feature would have to be considered, especially when it comes to PvP problems. And, of course, deed size limitations must be observed (the token cannot be moved closer to the deed border than 6 tiles away).

So, after some thought and discussion, here is my suggestion:

Give us the ability to move the settlement token within the allowed area, considering deed size limitations. To prevent abuse this feature should come with a cost (5s - 10s) and have a cooldown of 6 months.

• Like 17

Agreed. When you first start a deed you have a wild and unchanged area and can't always determine exactly what you're going to do with it. It sucks that you have to adjust your plans for deed design to where you initially placed the token, just replacing a deed is not always an option when looking at the cost associated with making larger deeds.

+1

• Like 2

Asked so many times it should have been done already.

+1

Sounds like a great idea  but i think 5s is plenty and a 6 month cooldown

+1

Would like to add, that an option on the Freedom Isles to be able to move it to within a cave or mine (would be too OP on the PvP servers to hide it there)

+1 good idea, although I think on a PVE server the price would be too high, since you can't really abuse it there.

6 minutes ago, Fablecrafter said:

+1

Would like to add, that an option on the Freedom Isles to be able to move it to within a cave or mine (would be too OP on the PvP servers to hide it there)

I'd like to add, with that ability, the tile (and maybe the surrounding tiles?) should be reinforced.

Edited by Cayce

It's been said a few times, sadly no confirmation or any sort of acknowledgment. 

This would be a nice option to have and not create any problems on the PvE servers we play on. Probably the Dev coding of it is the only issue that has prevented this from being made available long ago.

=Ayes=

+1 - would love to be able to center my token around my layout

This is something I get asked to do fairly often -- as a GM, I'm able to move the token, and it automatically adjusts the N, S, E, W numbers without changing the actual position of the borders. For example, if someone has 15 East, 15 West, and I move the token 5 East, then their deed becomes 10 East, 20 West.  The only issue is that the token is no longer automatically centered on the tile and facing North, so requires using the Move command to get it looking right. It's also set up so that if you try to move it far enough that you no longer have the minimum of 5 tiles in one direction, it won't allow it.  Very handy.

Since a GM can already do it, it shouldn't be too tough to make it so regular players can do it...?

Edited by Batta
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Batta said:

Since a GM can already do it, it shouldn't be too tough to make it so regular players can do it...?

Good point!

yeah i pasted every instance of the suggestion the last time it was suggested..

even so, it didn't prove popular.
as usual +1

I wonder if the people who don't like the idea realize that the way it is now (where GMs can do it), it actually doesn't change the deed borders at all. All it changes is where the token is in relation to the borders.  Maybe that would make a difference.  No tactical advantage in PvP, as there could be if one could just advance the token a few tiles without penalty (i.e. the loss of upkeep paid, the cost of deeding and rehiring templars).

44 minutes ago, Batta said:

I wonder if the people who don't like the idea realize that the way it is now (where GMs can do it), ...

So far I haven't seen a single post saying they don't like the idea. Only positive comments up to now - so there's hope :)

45 minutes ago, Yaga said:

So far I haven't seen a single post saying they don't like the idea. Only positive comments up to now - so there's hope :)

It seems that Steveleeb has run into popularity issues when suggesting this elsewhere (see his post above).

• Like 1

you just said something that in part, was far more hilarious than it was mean't to be. ;) 

no one -1'd it a year ago it simply passed by unseen. 
it's nice that it's reoccurred now, i only shared my thread because it has an additional 8 threads referred to at the bottom of the page.
thought it might well support this one.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

you just said something that in part, was far more hilarious than it was mean't to be. ;) 

no one -1'd it a year ago it simply passed by unseen. 
it's nice that it's reoccurred now, i only shared my thread because it has an additional 8 threads referred to at the bottom of the page.
thought it might well support this one.

Ohhh, ok, lol.  :-)

• Like 1

+1 

So assuming we would need a good reason to have a GM come move it? 

Better than: "Feng Shui is better if the token is over there ... no, a little to the left, no back to the right ..."