Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Alliance leader permissions.

I guess ill suggest this again.

Please give alliance leader some permissions besides just kicking deeds and setting motd.

i would like to be able to 

• A. See which village villagers belong to.
  • B. Be able to mute anyone from alliance chat.
  • C.Control the ability of villages to invite other villages to alliance (yes there is a diplomacy option) that doesnt work i think thats for letting ur villager sjoin alliances.
  • D. (added) They should also be able to appoint other people inside the alliance as Manager and give them the respective rights. 
  • E. (added) Ability to write in different colors as the leader

as it stands now alliance leaders have no control.

Killroth (66 villages in alliance on xanadu ) , no control to deal with drama sucks.

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 7

I approve. Alliance Leaders should be able to moderate the Alliance chat. They should also be able to appoint other people inside the alliance as Manager and give them the respective rights. 

Since it's possible in Wurm, I'd also love to have some kind of way to write in different colors as the leader - which can really help when trying to organize an event and lots of things are being spammed.

Further more, the leader should be able to give permissions to people for editing the message of the day, it should not be a default possibility. 

The points that Killroth has raised are valid as well.

We just hit 50 deeds in our alliance the other day and there are indeed times these features would be useful, particularly for people who use their alliances for more than just grouping neighboring villages together.

• Like 4

+1 Yes please!!

75 deeds in alliance, would be nice to give others control for when the leaders aren't on for sure!

Edited by Aniceset
  • Like 2

+1 Yes please! atm the alliance is nothing more and a freedom chat,nobody has no control over it other than kicking a village out.

-1 you already have the ability to ignore players if you don't want to see what they type.

+1 Though there also needs to be some kind of "successor capitol nomination" option for said leader in place, so that when an alliance capital does fall alliances don't fall apart.

I do like the ability to see which deed someone belongs to.  I'm not sure I think it is right for anyone to be able to mute someone in a chat other than the gm/cm's in the normal channels.  I can understand and agree with limiting the ability of villages to invite to the alliance.  Colored chat?  suppose it would be fun to play with not sure that it is something that is needed though.  Not sure I understand this manager thing but that might be because I do not think the alliance leader should have any rights except over his own village.

bump.

Please listen to us devs.

Just  a few people have noticed the issues yes, but they are the same people who try to organize large communities in your online game.

If you want everyone to be a hermit sure no issue then just shut this game down and sell wurm unlimited only.

If you actual want to fix the game and help the communities develop and moderate thier communities to create a better enviroment then give us some permissions/info.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 3:09 AM, TradingAlt said:

-1 you already have the ability to ignore players if you don't want to see what they type.

-1 because you have this tool

and if the village will not manage there citizens, well boot them from the alliance, that simple

+1 on information though such as village's members belong too, no fun going from village to village to see who is where

Edited by JakeRivers

If you are an alliance leader, you don't have to use the tools once they are granted.  If you are not an alliance leader this thread is of no relevance.

+1 to all suggestions mentioned in the first post.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fairyshine said:

If you are an alliance leader, you don't have to use the tools once they are granted.  If you are not an alliance leader this thread is of no relevance.

+1 to all suggestions mentioned in the first post.  

This logic doesn't work in this game.  It seems if you don't like something it becomes impossible to ignore.  I still do not agree with anyone other than a GM/CM being able to mute anyone.  I can see alot of chance for the misuse of such a tool and the backlash that will cause of people submitting tickets concerning being muted.

12 hours ago, Pashka said:

This logic doesn't work in this game.  It seems if you don't like something it becomes impossible to ignore.  I still do not agree with anyone other than a GM/CM being able to mute anyone.  I can see alot of chance for the misuse of such a tool and the backlash that will cause of people submitting tickets concerning being muted.

We are asking for the ability to mute people in alliance chat. If you dont have a largish alliance you wouldnt understand the problem. Sometimes people log in drunk, get in petty fights, etc etc. 

From your logic we should just kick them. Thats kinda more dramatic than muting someone in a channel. 

Since we cant see what village someone belongs to also we should just start kicking every village till we get to them. 

We are asking for the abilities to moderate the own community that we have created with others.

They have it in every other mmo... this isnt something radical.

• Like 2

I still see more problems than solutions with that ability.  I wouldn't want a village leader to have the ability to mute someone in his own village from their village chat.  I do not think it is a good thing.

Just knowing what villagers belong where from the politics screen would be a big advantage. I don't think there needs to be any chat moderation personally either

• Like 1

-1 I see alliances not as kingdom who needs a leader... who brushes its ego with acting as a moderator. If people dont behave, they can be kicked out of an alliance... that should be enough.

18 hours ago, Sirene said:

-1 I see alliances not as kingdom who needs a leader... who brushes its ego with acting as a moderator. If people dont behave, they can be kicked out of an alliance... that should be enough.

They cant though u have no idea which village they belong to. so ur saying just randomly kick villages till u score.

secondly nothing to do with ego its about protecting people who dont want to be harrassed by someone in an alliance chat without having to

kick thier whole village.

Thirdly, im not asking for a stupid crown or title , special privledges i dont care about any of that. It wasnt my suggestion to have special colors for alliance etc etc. I was simply trying to be inclusive and collaborative with the idea. But, its totally understandable for people with a narcissistic thought background to assign that trait to others.

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 2

-1. First a say about who is leader, only then powers can be considered.