Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

Transferring liquids from stills?

I havent ventured into this stage yet, so couple of questions

when i make vodka for example from potatoes, etc, how do i transfer said liquid from still to barrel?

which barrel do they go into or does it even matter?

cheers

as you might already know potato+sugar + water in WINE barel = fermented vodka.

if you open the still you ll see a container at the top (forgot the name) and another one named condenser. you put the fermented in the first container (up to 16 liters afaik), light it up and the second contaienr will slowly fill up with (pure) vodka. 

now you can take out the vodka with simply drag and dropping in ANY liquid container (barrel, wine barrel or even pottery jugs). stilled liquids seem to take by far less decay than other liquids. i have unsealed whiskey in a barrel which took no decay in about 3 month, but to be sure, i recommand using small barrel and seal them with a peg.

PS: unlike in reallife, 16liters fermented vodka will result in 16 liters vodka. the rate should be about 1 to 2 liters per 2.5 to 3 hours, so a very long time

Edited by Simju
  • Like 1

I have my distillery in a cave dwelling and keep a small wine barrel rack beside the still.

I placed a batch of distilled vodka @ 36ql into a 60ql oak wine barrel and sealed it with a wood scrap on Dancers 984.

Tasting it reveals that it is now [11:56:26] Clear and strong, and best drunk where it's cold.  Can also be used to remove ice from weapons. Also it has a quality in the range of 60 to 64. and the date is [12:00:26] It is 23:02:19 on day of Tears in week 4 of the starfall of Omens in the year of 986.

Hope this helps

do i need to boil them in the cauldron first before i put it in the barrel?