Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

A way to pause premium time.

Make it where we can pause premium time. like we do sleep bonus. but make it have a consequence like every time you pause it you loose one day of premium.  this way its not done lightly.  or put a minimum on how long it can be paused for. such as 2 weeks. maximum.  etc.  I think this would allow players to play longer and enjoy the game a little bit more. might even bring a new player base into wurm if this was possible.

never gonna happen.  Not once has a game company done so and it will be a bad thing to ever get started - for the game companies.

• Like 1

Make a week's long vacation available every month or so. Once you use it your premium time freezes for a week and if you use the vacation in that time you lose the ability for 30 days. I have to take a break to deal with rl and the time I paid for will be lost. I couldn't have possibly seen the future and this happening so freezing prem for at least a week would be a great gift to all of us. I basically paid for time I cannot use for various reasons.

+1

This is like saying "I'll buy a car and pay a certain amount each month, but we won't pay when we are on holiday - because we aren't using it". 

pretty weird idea, how would the company ever make money?

10 hours ago, Firecat said:

This is like saying "I'll buy a car and pay a certain amount each month, but we won't pay when we are on holiday - because we aren't using it". 

No. This is like saying "I paid for a low need priorety service but due to unexpected drawbacks I'm not able to use it so I'll use a safety measure to ensure that I'm in the same spot I've been in before the issue occured".

10 hours ago, Niki said:

pretty weird idea, how would the company ever make money?

Like they did so far - from premium time and WU. It's not like people would stop buying premium time if they had an option to freeze only a week of it every month or two.

51 minutes ago, Erevorn said:

No. This is like saying "I paid for a low need priorety service but due to unexpected drawbacks I'm not able to use it so I'll use a safety measure to ensure that I'm in the same spot I've been in before the issue occured".

That is a customer issue, nothing to do with code club why would they even bother with this change lol

I know larger MMOs do this such as FFXIV. If I remember correctly they do it so you can pause but there is a cool down like a month? So if I hit pause and lets say 2 months later I hit unpause I can't hit pause again for month after I unpaused (something like that I would have to look in the mog station). I personally have never used it or will since $30 a month doesn't bother me I just have it automatic out of my debit card but I do know people that buy a year of game time and don't do monthly subscription and if something irl happens they pause it for a few weeks so that they don't waste their money.

-1 this just because if you know you are prone to rl setbacks/are worried about wasting money then you can just pay 1 month at a time. I don't think it is a gaming companies job to be their customer's safety net.

-1, As much as I want it, its not good for the game. I would even like premium time to be based off of time playing rather than just 1 month. But im not sure if thats good for the game either.

Nah people would just use it on their priest alts to only use prem time when they are needed. The idea is nice but is too complicated and will result in less profits for the wurm team.

It would make no sense for Wurm Online to implement a change like this as obviously it can severely restrict their income. I would prefer all continue to pay their monthly costs so that the game can progress, pay for expenses and at the minimum continue to survive so that anyone at all will be able to play it.

Players can already just pay monthly and then stop at any time if they are this concerned. They can as well retain some higher body stats that enable them to do things they could not previously. Not really the best idea either for game income as it encourages others to avoid paying in certain instances. A bad idea to expand this further with various ideas such as this to avoid game payments.

=Ayes=

Might be interesting to consider for people who buy 6 months to a year of premium at a time.  Emergencies, deployments, new jobs, etc.

Maybe allow a one time hold for them?  Life happens.

I generally only buy one or two months at a time so wouldn't apply to me.  Granted, this is a departure from what the OP was really asking for though.

this has been suggested before without the mention of penalty.
so although this thread is a wiser suggestion than that... 
it's already costing me nearly £13 for 2 months i wouldn't want to provoke another rise. Something like this could cause that.