Sign in to follow this  
Talor

[alpha] Permadeath

Maybe make an option to have a set amount of deaths until permadeath? Like die 3 times and you are banned. Great work though!!

thats very good mod - we tested

game now look like roguelike )

Talor makes great mods!

I want to play this, But i feel too many people will cry

Is there a way to make it so if you die, Any deeds owned by that player or containers owned by that player get disbanded/unlocked

Edit: Perhaps also a message in area history so people can see who died / Server wide announce message

Edited by Hakameda

10 hours ago, Hakameda said:

Is there a way to make it so if you die, Any deeds owned by that player or containers owned by that player get disbanded/unlocked

Edit: Perhaps also a message in area history so people can see who died / Server wide announce message

There probably will need to be some custom rules for how deeds/buildings/containers are handled. I'd like to see how it plays on a server as it is first though. Maybe we could have a temporary 1-2 week permadeath pvp server to test it out.

But as it stands, the default WU behaviour is that when a mayor gets banned, their village is set to a democracy. I think that's a good solution for deeds. As for containers, can't people just lockpick them?

If you are playing on a server with permadeath, it probably makes sense to give your friends manage permissions on most of your containers/buildings, so that when you die it isn't a huge problem.

I'm probably going to set a small server to try, Small map, 1k or less. One other exploit would be people using logged off alts for deeds so they never have issues

• Like 1

I'm not sure about this mod, but I'm always in favor of wurm mod development. If you need and don't have a place a temporary place to test this let me know I can easily fire up another server instance for you. Just send me a PM.

I will use this mod on an events server I hope to run in conjunction with my cluster.

I don't really understand why anyone would want this mod.  Is it something useful for PvP, maybe?  Not arguing, just confused.

Hrm seems like something that would go well hand in hand with a way to quickly create new chars, such as human breeding.

For example its easy for GRR Martin to kill off characters adhoc cause he's got plenty of spares.

I hope to do a hunger games based server as an event for a pve/PvP cluster. Prizes will be awarded for highest rank etc.

A good way to introduce PvP with gear pouring out the seems and everyone at max skills.