Great fixes for unstable client.  I can now run through deeds that used to lock up the game when I got close to them.  Now can run through these large deeds with barely an issue.

On 07.07.2017 at 10:23 PM, TeeeBOMB said:

So now you propose to take this very difficult game to play/survive, and make it more difficult. Ok I don't get this. It does not make sense to me.

People like and continue playing Wurm because it is complex, not because it is casual. Wurm creates unique dynamic situations from random factors which is the best emergent gameplay in any MMO I have ever seen. Tree collisions is one such factor. Ok I don't get this. Developers add a new factor to complexity which will in turn contribute to new emergent gameplay, and you don't want it because it makes the game 'more difficult', because you need to actually go around the trees in the forest instead of passing through them? Sorry, it does not make sense to me.

After playing WO for 4 years, and experiencing tree collisions on WU, I say it is the greatest addition to the game ever. Very immersive.

Edited by Ulfhrafn

Wurm needs more collision added to other items. I hate that i can walk through everything e.g., carts, crates, bins, boats, storage racks, trellises, and mobs. 

Not giving these things collision really brings down the wurm experience. Also add bowel movements and make diseases actually do something i.e., risk of death, severe skill penalty, or less fatigue. I want to be full immersed but can't since I can go days being diseased, not eating, or defecating and still be putting time in the mines as normal.

Anyone who disagrees just wants wurm to be in easy mode.

1 hour ago, lolmaster said:

Anyone who disagrees just wants wurm to be in easy mode.

You really should be careful making categorical statements like this. To say that "anyone who disagrees" just wants blah-blah is making a judgement that you are in no position to make and is insulting.  I take exception to being categorized into your assessment of my character based on your game preferences and your assumption that your preference is the so-called "correct" preference. I am one who happens to disagree, don't "just want easy mode," and therefore don't fit neatly into your categorization.  You don't know me, I don't know you, and I doubt very much you know many of the people who disagree or why they like or dislike anything.  So if we could dispense with the insulting characterizations of people who don't agree, and let everyone voice their opinions without censure, we'll all be a lot happier.

There is no "right" or "wrong" opinion. What it comes down to is simple game preference.  We are all different, we all have differing game preferences, and we all have different reasons for our game preferences.  I personally detested the tree collision when it was in game, hate that it's coming back, my reasons are my own and I've stated them elsewhere many times since the "feature" was removed and someone would bring it up for discussion.  Last I heard, this is a "discussion" board, not a sing-to-the-choir, march-in-lockstep, board.

Sorry to pick out your particular post but it's the most recent one.  This prevailing attitude of some who seem to think that insulting those with a different opinion will shut them down, or make themselves look "right," just really gets under my skin, and does nothing but cause hard feelings.

/endrant

• Like 2

Annoying =/= hard

Tree collision doesnt make things difficult you can still autorun through trees playing pinball on them its just an unecessary annoyance.

• Like 2

When I started playing Wurm, more than a few years ago, we collided with trees, we used trees to rest on to regain stamina, tree collision was actually useful, as well as being more immersive.

Tree collision vanished during one of my breaks, and it was a complete surprise to me when I tried climbing a mountainside, and went to rest on a handy olive tree, probably one of the best choices at that time... Imagine my surprise, and horror when I slid right through it ...

Well, I was told at the time it was temporary, and that one day it would be the case  that I'd have to be more careful when running, riding or indeed driving thriough forests once more, there's a reason why older players hate olive forests, they used to be death traps, because players could find themselves trapped in alleys of olives, in mazes of dead ends and impassable ranks of thick, solid olive trees, while the spiders, trolls and other assorted nastiness clipped right through them...

But despite dying in olive forests, and searching in vain for my corpse, only to die again, I still miss that realism, it adds to Wurm, to run screaming through the trees, bouncing off trunks as the trolls close in, we can ride right through those ghost trees we have now, it lessens the experience for me, and makes olive forests a mere visual inconvenience, not a terrifyingly creepy area best avoided if possible.

We're risking to much molly-coddling without the dangers that our environment should have.

My only request, if we're getting tree collisions back, can we please also have mobs subject to the same problems we have? They shouldn't come sneaking, ghostlike through the very trees we cannot pass.

Edited by Zenity
Spelling
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Zenity said:

My only request, if we're getting tree collisions back, can we please also have mobs subject to the same problems we have? They shouldn't come sneaking, ghostlike through the very trees we cannot pass.

Amen!  I agree with this wholeheartedly. This is my biggest complaint about tree collision (among my other complaints, lol). 

If the critters are going to be able to run in a straight line, hitting us from two tiles away and right through the trees, while we can't even target them or have to run an obstacle course I think it's going to be a huge fiasco.  And so far I've heard nothing about this, although I've asked, as have others. 

Shrinking the trunks on some trees is all well and good when they're not in touching corners, (although I hate to lose all the diversity of the trees), but I'd really like to hear if they're addressing the critters.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

But I like chestnut trees that have spider legs, and you can't run because you get caught between 2 chestnuts. Yes it is pure torture, but its a game, when you remember that you will laugh so hard at what just happened.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, SmeJack said:

Annoying =/= hard

Tree collision doesnt make things difficult you can still autorun through trees playing pinball on them its just an unecessary annoyance.

Mental image of someone bouncing off trees like bumpers in a pinball game with accompanying sound and light effects. :D

• Like 1