they must be removed from freedom as part of mission anyway

Or just keep the ones that are missions target being impossible to deed over... Ain't like there are that many on a server.

I understand that you want to prevent abuses and inconveniences but destroying hours of works done on those epic buildings for missions is silly.

People already put donut houses around active mission constructions to hoard them for themselves though, which is worse in my opinion than deeding over them. Especially if deeding over them meant that they became available to be created again to become an active mission point.

• Like 2

well or just allow us deed em and we just remove holy ground protection on them,  and make em all active for missions...  idk why we would not have them on deed and use them...   its silly that we push em offdeed all the time

6 minutes ago, Joelle said:

People already put donut houses around active mission constructions to hoard them for themselves though, which is worse in my opinion than deeding over them. Especially if deeding over them meant that they became available to be created again to become an active mission point.

Well now you can go drop a deed and put perimeter over the house and structure making it a non mission item.  Won't that be fun for you.

Hi,

I have pens with hedges.

Some of the animals like hens, sheep and some other small creatures disappear in the hedge.

That makes them hard to find .

Further i would like them to walk a bit slower. the hens are running around if they are being chased.

But i like it to see them walking around the pen instead of standing on a tile.

Greatings Sonnyboy

congrats Zephyr Storm for getting your video of Mystic Highlands highlighted :)

You did a great job there !

Valiance and Kaylie.

1 hour ago, Niki said:

However you should be able to reserve land without placing tons of deeds though.

Really?  Why should you?  Can't we just get back to the simple rule for everything?  Deed it or lose it.  Period.  You want to reserve an area, carve out a deed stake. :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

Just wanted to say thank you to the devs for the epic mission structure changes at this point - I am really glad to see some sensible changes to them introduced, making a lot of the servers inhabitable again.

I just laughed at this because it makes it sound like there's a shortage of land out here.  "Whew, thank God there's some more places to deed now.  We were running out of room out here."  <_<

@Retrograde

Why did they not finish the job on mission structures?  Why are they only requested in 2, maybe 3, out of 9 zones on the map? The Southeast and Northeast or Northwest. :huh:

Obviously the potential of griefing by deeding over mission buildings is a legitimate concern, I will pass this on to the dev team for discussion as well. 

Why not allow them to be deeded over if you follow some rules?

- Has to be able to be accessed freely by anyone

- You cannot use the KoS feature

• Like 1

So what happens if they've been deeded over and no longer count for missions? Will missions no longer spawn there, or will they have to build new mission structures?

They will have to be rebuilt when the mission comes around again.  And if people do not wish to rebuild them (really why would you if someone can just come screw it up for you), then they will fill up the mission bar again because it seems to favor those instead of other missions.

Can we just remove missions that are related to these epic structures?  They can just be decorative - problems all solved?  We can just keep killing wolves and whatnot for our missions and get our SB that way?  I am not someone that worries about missions, so maybe I'm completely off base with this idea?

I love the look of the epic structures and am glad they are something we can now (soon) use to decorate our deeds, without them creating deed issues.

Edit: And I remember one point where I had plans to drop them all around a deed of mine, to keep people away, just like a giant free perimiter.  Then I decided it was really unfair to do so.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Can we just remove missions that are related to these epic structures?  They can just be decorative - problems all solved?  We can just keep killing wolves and whatnot for our missions and get our SB that way?  I am not someone that worries about missions, so maybe I'm completely off base with this idea?

There are a lot of people who like earning the SB for doing these missions.

50 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Obviously the potential of griefing by deeding over mission buildings is a legitimate concern,

Potential?  This has been a thing since I first started playing 1223 days ago, and who knows how long before that.  If I remember right it was the 'Charge of Many' on Independence that seemed like it was a constant target of missions, and it was not accessible.  I do not have any mission structures, but I am curious how it is just now a "legitimate concern."

• Like 1

i always think missions are waste of time for pve anyway

30min sleep bonus is realy nothing

2 minutes ago, Sila said:

i always think missions are waste of time for pve anyway

30min sleep bonus is realy nothing

I can't even...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

Yes my concern with the mission item deeding is that you build for days in hope to have a mission point near to you and in a snap of a finger it will be disqualified.

Now I see all such mission items will be built around by donut houses thus restricting access to others - making it impossible to go and finish the missions that way.

Demon Walls by the road south out of Vrock Landing on Xanadu being one such mission structure that has a donut house around it since it was built nearly 2 years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This next update will introduce the ability to place a deed over Epic mission structures. This is a Freedom only feature at this point

Great work on this change for the Freedom Isles servers! Only recently was there a post about this on S&I which has been a long abused "feature" on these servers for preventing deeding areas. A well done move to once again free up the lands from this strange and unnecessary blockage.

=Ayes=

Celebration creature tests
As mentioned in Buddas devblog we've begun testing new creature movement code using Celebration as a live test run. We're looking for feedback on how animals behave and move around both in pens and the wild. Leave your feedback on this thread, but please do remember to keep it specific to feedback about the movement, off topic discussions and such might be removed.

This is why my animals are poking out of their fenced areas and halfway into buildings. I was worried about passers-by taking a swing at my unicorns because they sit on a pathway. I don't mind them moving around a lot more. On the contrary, that's a good way to keep the dirt getting packed. The leaning out of buildings has me worried though.

Oh, and ya'll just trying to make Kristof remodel for a 100th time, ain't ya?

5 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

Demon Walls by the road south out of Vrock Landing on Xanadu being one such mission structure that has a donut house around it since it was built nearly 2 years ago.

But surely not worth punishing every honest builder out there because of a few cases of people that want to hoard them for themselves....

i find a very simple solution to this

mission structure = cannot be deeded over

non mission structure (decoration) can be deeded over

problem solved

• Like 1

Who knows if it was ever an actual "problem" to begin with? The only official announcement was that there is going to be a change. The details of the change have yet to be seen.

Let's all calm down about it until it actually gets added to the game, yeah? :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joelle said:

Who knows if it was ever an actual "problem" to begin with? The only official announcement was that there is going to be a change. The details of the change have yet to be seen.

Let's all calm down about it until it actually gets added to the game, yeah? :P

Yea because that has worked out so well in the past.  Once it is in the game it takes forever to change again.  Once the damage is done, it will not get undone.

• Like 3

if the epic structure is an active mission focus point disallow deeding, if not do whatever you want to it.

see, its that easy to prevent all this trouble.