Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Portcullis-like windows

1Al3y00.jpg

Got those portcullis doors pretending to be "windows".

Those "windows" are closed for everyone, so none would fell out. It is really long way down on the other side.

Problem is, that for me (I'am the Mayor), those are still open. So I happened to fell out few times (on autowalking - for example). Also it gives annoying opening animation and sound when close to them.

Would be nice if there were an option for Mayor to block certain doors completely.

Or new models of windows wich look like portcullis (would be perfect if this model didn't had those two wheels).

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 14

If they behave like doors, can't you just deny yourself permission to pass through?
I used to have a door in my house I intentionally denied myself permission to pass through. 

8 hours ago, Matholameu said:

If they behave like doors, can't you just deny yourself permission to pass through?
I used to have a door in my house I intentionally denied myself permission to pass through. 

I did, but if You are a Mayor it doesn't work. You still can pass through the door.

+1 also to get rid of the cogs and wheels to the sides

• Like 3

I know that developers already hit current wall limit and that making portcullis window requires adding slate etc types but I hope we will get those when limit will be increased.

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

I know that developers already hit current wall limit and that making portcullis window requires adding slate etc types but I hope we will get those when limit will be increased.

Not sure they would need to make a whole new wall type though right?  Couldn't it just be a change to permission setting allowing a mayor to remove their own pass-through permission as well?

Yes, it could be just permission setting change.

Yes, yes, yes! Big, nice "portcullis" window with colored glass.... :)
+1

the house I grew up in had very similar windows in the dining room.

+1

I would like to have them a lot. Wheels look silly on the upper levels...

If there's a problem with free "slot" for this new portcullis maybe remove stone & iron parapet, couse it has duplicated model of iron fence.

+1 to any new window model with bars on it and plenty of open viewing space.  Plain stone barred walls are so disappointing...

Still dangerous for mayors wandering in their house while sleeping.

+1.

I would already be satisfied if it would be allowed to build high iron fence types (fence and gates) under arched walls. Or if there would be a new wall type that is similar to that for building jails and windows as requested in the opening message. There are lots of people abusing arches/fences or portculis as windows these days. Such an addition is WAY OVERDUE!

Bump.

Portcullis is often used as a window by builders. Make something dedicated for this purpose.

• Like 1