Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Glasshollow Market feedback

Hello

Another milestone made at market in all this years and now would like to ask you what are your ideas and feelings related to market.  What you like and dislike about market so we can inprove our work here. 

also what do you think about other local markets that are part of glasshollow market, bulk market and horse market

Edited by Sila

Too much stuff all around there, on lesser PCs framerates drop to almost nothing. Needs a serious clean-up there, too much stuff built, too many lamps, too many decorations scattered around.

• Like 2

I do get an amount of Lag at Glasshollow as @Eobersigmentioned. However I do most of my bulk shopping with you guys. I like the layout of the bulk market and the system you have there. Rocky has always been very helpful any time I've ever asked a question.

Hey everyone.

First of all, my apologees if I am bumping a super old thread, but I have no idea where else to turn to.

I have already contacted Rockybalboa on the forum here, but since the deed was sold I am not even sure which forum account to ask about it now.

If anyone knows something, please share.

Current situation:

The Glasshollow Market deed seems disbanded and a few people already placed small shacks and started to destroy roads.

It just breaks my heart to see my favourite market destroyed in such a way.

I'd love to make an efford to preserve the place somehow.

My funds most definately won't be enough to place a deed large enough for all of it, but a small deed for a start would work, then maybe expanding, maybe with the help of a few other Glasshollow Market fans, would be feasible.

If the current house writ owners could send a PM or just post here, and maybe a few others who would be interested to keep the market going, maybe we find a solution together?

• Like 4

I have since planted a new (small) deed to start the mission of saving the Glasshollow Market and possibly improving on it. All suggestions welcome!

Already a few signs were placed to point to the new token. It is not directly in the middle as it used to be, but houses where I couldn't reach the owners prevented that.

So currently the small deed where it is, is the best I could do. Will expand from there once the buildings on Perimeter decayed.

1 empty market booth there in view of the token. If anyone wanted to place a merchant 🙂

Edited by Smilingcat
  • Like 5

On 5/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, Smilingcat said:

Hey everyone.

First of all, my apologees if I am bumping a super old thread, but I have no idea where else to turn to.

I have already contacted Rockybalboa on the forum here, but since the deed was sold I am not even sure which forum account to ask about it now.

If anyone knows something, please share.

Current situation:

The Glasshollow Market deed seems disbanded and a few people already placed small shacks and started to destroy roads.

It just breaks my heart to see my favourite market destroyed in such a way.

I'd love to make an efford to preserve the place somehow.

My funds most definately won't be enough to place a deed large enough for all of it, but a small deed for a start would work, then maybe expanding, maybe with the help of a few other Glasshollow Market fans, would be feasible.

If the current house writ owners could send a PM or just post here, and maybe a few others who would be interested to keep the market going, maybe we find a solution together?

I don't live round Glasshollow but I was wondering the same thing as I also wanted to preserve it. I always felt that area was part of Glasshollow and when I logged my alt there and saw it was part of the lands of Wurm I thoght Glasshollow disbanded or something.

Didn't Rockybalboa tell you who he sold the deed to? Maybe a dedicated forum post for asking about the writs?

Note that there are a few options to preserve the market without a deed, or with a minimal deed. You just need to play actively if you own the writs. You have to place a magranon altar and when the ritual of the sun is done it will repair the structures. This can also be done with the structures as they are now. If the player owning them is not active they will decy way too fast however. Then there is the fact that the roof is missing in the harbor area...

• Like 1

Sadly, no answer from Rocky, but I got a few messages and found out a few things. The avatars that have the writs did not answer though. One person luckily had management rights to one of the buildings at the harbor, so I placed the deed there.

The main issue was, that people seemed to have fun wrecking roads , turning market stalls to hide merchants, and unloading dirt and other things. That was sort of annoying, so the small deed is a good start for now and will be extended soonish, then the roads are getting fixed up again and market stalls replaced to be able to rename them. Even the highway was destroyed, and you can't do such a thing as a newbie.

Did you contact Sila also? He doesn't own the toon Rocky anymore afaik.

• Like 1

yes, that was the first one I contacted because of this thread. No answer.

The ingame account you are looking for is PaulofDune. Dunno if that one's still active but worth a try.

As for restoring that deed, please don't turn it into a new "Laghollow" again. I've seen enough complaints about it in the past 6-7 years to last a lifetime.

Thorin :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Smilingcat said:

The main issue was, that people seemed to have fun wrecking roads , turning market stalls to hide merchants, and unloading dirt and other things. That was sort of annoying, so the small deed is a good start for now and will be extended soonish, then the roads are getting fixed up again and market stalls replaced to be able to rename them. Even the highway was destroyed, and you can't do such a thing as a newbie.

Was wondering about those...

Oh yes, i'll do me best to avoid lag. That was really my only complaint with the old market too. Might have to sacrifice some of the beauty for it. The flags definately have to go, and most of what moves constantly. torrets and stuff.

What else makes lag? Maybe lights too? Maybe an admin can answer how much those contribute to lag and what else contributes alot to it.

We thought of planting more oaks and offer some more enchanted grass tiles for people who come from far away by cart or wagon.

Just another sad picture of the destroyed highway between the new Glasshollow Market and Glasshollow starter deed.

Is there no way to prevent highways from being destroyed?

With my poor tracking skills I couldn't even identify the culprit, but maybe an admin could?

b5e1d9deda2da86fe69bc029c3bd26f5.png

I  thought it was disallowed. Maybe it's because the hwy no longer connected to anything.

I managed to fix the road \o/

And I think you are on to something there. If the deed where the highway led to disbanded, I guess the road is no longer protected. That part is fixed too. Waystone on deed :D

Edited by Smilingcat

The catseyes decay from the end of the road, one after the other, after the waystone at the end has decayed.

WTF is with people and wrecking market area? 🤨 found market stand where my merchant is rotate and on a hill spike today 😑

Yes, sadly, people can still dig up roads  and mess up things. There is never enough time to catch them it seems, even though I login daily a few times to check and fix things.

If you wanted a safe spot, please use the merchant stands on deed, until we can expand it. Everyone should be able to set up merchants in them.

The "handlers shack" on the south side, and the larger Market and Harbor building in the west, still prevent us from expanding, and we are eagerly waiting for those to decay, but it could take months at the current quality, and the owners have not answered our messages so far.

sad to see that, i report destroying highway aswell... seems to be fixed by now. Rockybaloba or meldichoir is person to pm... but i belive he ragequit since no respond.

• Cat 1

Again someone had fun with wrecking market area 🙄I found market stands where my merchants are rotate and 10 slope hole around stalls.. I like this spot so not decided yet to move to new market area.. but really? is it so funny to ruin Glass Market leftovers? I think it is person waiting for buildings to decay, to grab some valuables.. I managed to fix it a bit. I live near and will repair this area consistently, coz Glass Market is big piece of Xana history and deff deserve to be saved.  I am on this server from Xana start and love this market. And I love idea to save it, I am always ready to help, my chars are Shewolf, Irbiska and Irbi on Harmony to contact. Ty Smilingcat for all you do.

Edited by Irbiska
  • Like 1

if we all login and track regularly and repair what is messed up, eventually we will be able to catch and report the griefer. And really, it is only griefing to mess up a highway and turn market stalls to hide merchants.

Once the houses have decayed, I'll enlarge the deed and rebuild with less laggy things. Big thanks to everyone who helps keeping the market in shape 🙂

Edited by Smilingcat

Wow, it's really sad to hear the Market has disbanded. Glasshollow Market is a part of Xan history and I spent a good amount of time there in it's heyday. Glad to see there are efforts to maintain it. When I can I'll sail up to see if there's anything to do to lend a hand.

• Like 1

Thank you! Since someone is digging up dirt on roads, making it all bumpy, and even carrying away the dirt then it seems, it would be a big help if anyone could drop a few dirts in the holes to even it out again every now and then.

Happens almost daily that someone finds it funny to mess with the roads. Until the current buildings decay though, I can not extend the deed to protect the roads. Highway is already in place, all lights green, but that doesn't seem to help.

I would indeed like if someone would monitor and report the vandals for griefing. I never had tons of love, but certainly respect for the works of Glasshollow deeds, and it is a pity when these impressive installations are gone. But that is the way things go on Wurm. Vandalism is not.

If I had better tracking skill, I could report. But somehow I never find tracks to have a name to report. Eventually my tracking will get better, so watch out, griefers 😉

Someone did send a report though, and the supporter promised to have a word with the griefer. Maybe it helped, maybe not. Might just be several...

Edited by Smilingcat