Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Glasshollow Market feedback

Just a quick update: After GM intervention, it seems we have peace from the griefer since a while. I extended the deed a little again after a building decayed. Will keep expanding or maybe move token once the next building falls.

I also placed a new wooden building with 3 levels and a bed on each. Doors open for every freedomer, and a few tiles of the grass are on deed so that visitors who come with cart or on horse find safe shelter.

The area still need some reworking over time, but I wanted to start with a small useful feature already.

Probably time for opening a new thread?

Would it be helpful to check existing merchants and post stock meanwhile already every now and then?

I think there are still like 20+ merchants around. Hopefully more again once the deed covers the whole merchants area. About half of them are still off deed due to buildings where I don't have management rights.

I also wanted to thank everyone who supported the recovery mission of Glasshollow Market so far, with work, donations, information and encouragement. Much appreciated! 🙂

Edited by Smilingcat
  • Like 1

I recognize that Wurmian in that picture!   :D

Thanks for all the hard work on this.  As the deed was an early impalong site that was converted, wonder if it would be worth a re-design to make it more market friendly once the time comes along?

• Like 1

sure, if you have any ideas how to accomplish that, I am all ears. Always good to improve the experience for everyone 🙂

So did @Smilingcattake over Glasshollow Market? Last I heard the owner came on and disbanded the deed. left all the building and the hotas got snatched almost immediately. 

About like that ...

It's correct that the previous owner disbanded it and is not answering my messages since then. I thought that was rather sad, because I always felt welcome at the market while I was only merchant, and was always greeted in local if the deed holder was there.

A few weeks after it disbanded and me reaching out to everyone I knew who was involved in the previous deed(s) there, I started a small deed between the old decaying buildings, in the former harbor area, planning to extend it towards the south as soon as the old buildings decay, because I have not managed to reach any of the owners of those remaining few.

So, some mysterious things are going on in the old Glasshollow Market location. While the road griefers are gone hopefully, this time buildings disappeared.

Last year we built 3 buildings, all with equal materials from the same BSB. One of the 3 stone buildings we made is still 75 ql, with 3 damage (visible in the picture). The other 2 are gone. While an old marble building on perimiter (not possible to repair) is still sitting there with 24 ql, 14 damage. That should have been gone long ago but isnt. Is there any trick with which a person could make a building decay faster, or repair while it's on a perimeter of a deed?

If so, maybe someone made our buildings decay faster, and is constantly repairing the old glasshollow buildings that we need gone in order to restore the deed over the market.

This is a bit frustrating, and I had a dev look into what happened to our stone buildings, still waiting on the results though, and there was no guarantee that anything could be found out. The buildings were still there a month or so ago.  have picture proof of them on Halloween when I decorated.

Now see what happened:

551b9a9c50fc652cc5d3cd61b21e0b5d.png

with such strangeness going on, the coverage of the market area with deed is still taking a while longer than expected. I still want to do it at the first opportunity, just need management access to MAIN IMPALONG STORAGE and GLASSHOLLOW MARKET HARBOR (the western building with that name). Or both of those to decay.

Meanwhile, the market is open for merchants and visitors. New merchants can be placed, and we observe the place regularly to make sure it stays in shape.

Edited by Smilingcat
  • Like 3

I was working my poor paws bloody for those buildings *sadwolfsounds*.

I never saw buildings vanish that way.

The low decay ticks on the old abandoned buildings are hillarious as well, i have an off deed building on my janitor sheldue

on Indie that i had to repair twice in that timespan.

• Like 1

Significantly reduced decay if the owner logs on within 3 months.

Mag altars will also give a repair in their area when the mag ritual is cast.

7 minutes ago, Spacy said:

Significantly reduced decay if the owner logs on within 3 months.

Mag altars will also give a repair in their area when the mag ritual is cast.

Ok interesting info, thank you for that. Does the login have to happen on the same server?

That makes the vanishing of our buildings double fishy though.

Smilingcat (owner of the buildings) logs in several times a week and myself (builder of the buildings if that should matter) daily.

Yes, they need to be on the same server.

I once had a sandstone building I was waiting to decay last 2+ years in perm.  It was 60ql walls.  Finally, I found the owner and he popped it for me.  Walls had less than 20 damage.  He logged on once every week or two, checked messaged, then went back to his toon on Northern Cluster.  That is all it took

Once decay passes a particular number (30 damage I think, but not sure) it speeds up, and once it passes another number (70 damage I think, but again, not sure) it speeds up again.  Speeding up just means more likely to get a damage tick whenever the roll happens, instead of being skipped over without any damage.  

• Like 1

actually, that might explain a few things. thank you for all those good infos.

would be so useful to have some sort of longer lasting in game messaging option, because on the forum none of those old house owners respond, but seems they still login regularly in game.

Edited by Smilingcat

I ended up using the in game mail, wrote a note on a parchment.

Some folks don't check forums, no discord, etc.  But having the note they saw they had mail and responded.  Worked well.  

• Like 1

I've been looking for a market to set up shop at (and to shop at), and I was really sad when I came across the start of this post, and saw that it had disbanded. 

I kept reading and it made me smile to see how much hard work you guys are doing to restore it - if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. 

In the meantime, I've set my merchant back up (rares, some drake, some supreme stuff!), and look forward to browsing what others are selling. 

Safe travels! (and thank you for all the hard work you're doing) 

• Like 5

Thank you all for your kind words. Just keep visiting and placing merchants, and as soon as the last of the old buildings falls apart, we expand the market deed to cover the complete market again.

Until then, the token is down in the harbor area in case anyone wants to use it.

I have been there last week to decorate a little with flower pots, and sent rockybalboa a message, hoping he is the one holding the management rights to the last of the old buildings that we need to get rid of there.

If anyone has him on his friendlist and sees him logging in, maybe you can ask. Sadly I didnt manage to get him on my list while the old glasshollow market was still there.

Current warning: Sea Serpent was seen close to the Glasshollow Market shore.

If any brave fighter out there thinks they can kill the beast, let us know of your success story here so people know it's safe again.

Everyone else: if you see it, get to the shore and hop on land real fast. This beast can travel 20 kmh on water, but on land you should be safe 🙂