Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

[pvp] repairing walls from 300+slope away

currently you can sit at the bottom of a 7000000000 slope dirt wall and repair structures that are on top of it

im suggesting that you should need to be within a certain distance to repair walls

my suggested distance away is within at least 1/2 of a tile from the wall/fence regardless of the tiles slope

edit: doing anything from 300 slope away needs to be adjusted, lockpicking, repairing, bashing is all pretty stupid from that far to be frank.

also in the picture provided, i'm not even on the same tile as the dirt wall, im below it standing on a mine door

Edited by platinumteef

can you show pics or video to confirm because I'm not able to do this? Maybe desync?

If true then +1 

edit: im gonna just add that im not even on the same tile as the dirt wall, im below it standing on a mine door and can still repair from this far away

YqBnrkgMTM6j5XlLhs3Blg.png

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

You were desync'd probably, I was repairing as well and it would cancel if I moved like 3 tiles away.  All in all learn to raid and stop whining. The above information is not true, I will try it again later

get good 

thats within one tile of it 

Edited by Egard

I know what you mean now. If you make this change, lockpicking, bashing or other hostile actions should get the same treatment, yes?

Also, if you are lockpicking or bashing or repairing, there should be no shield block or parry, become defenseless.

So basically this isn't about reparing it's about ALL actions done at the bottom of a dirt wall. If so, i +1. If not, i -1. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

you can hit climb mode and climb so your barely on the dirtwall tile then que up repair actions nad turn climb off and it will repair... i can confirm this 100x over :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

I know what you mean now. If you make this change, lockpicking, bashing or other hostile actions should get the same treatment, yes?

Also, if you are lockpicking or bashing or repairing, there should be no shield block or parry, become defenseless.

So basically this isn't about reparing it's about ALL actions done at the bottom of a dirt wall. If so, i +1. If not, i -1. 

yeah precisely, i'll update op

2 minutes ago, Egard said:

You were desync'd probably, I was repairing as well and it would cancel if I moved like 3 tiles away.  All in all learn to raid and stop whining. The above information is not true, I will try it again later

get good 

thats within one tile of it 

i don't think you actually read the op

I believe this was changed 1 time already they made it so you couldn't repair or finish walls unless you where right upto the wall and it got pretty bad feedback and was reverted pretty quick if I remember right.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

Just now, Darklords said:

I believe this was changed 1 time already they made it so you couldn't repair or finish walls unless you where right upto the wall and it got pretty bad feedback and was reverted pretty quick if I remember right.

it was annoying as ###### when you had to hug walls to repair

i'm all for a fix that only changes it for slopes like this though

• Like 1

so what's the point of terraforming a dirt hill and building on top then if people don't even need to step on the hill for anything? :wacko:

*shakes his cane at these yoots today*  Weak I say.  Pet limits, apparently rubber arms for ludicrous reach, horses that can't climb an ant hill... just weak.  Back in my day, we had to walk through snow barefoot for a week just to pvp, and that was while carrying a high tower and crt screen on our backs. 

Does elevation at least serve a purpose in defending against siege engines?

Since when is git gud about finding loopholes and gaming mechanics like that [climb]-->[initiate action queue]-->[stop climbing] thing?  Tricks of the trade I guess but booo.

I'd love to +1 this.  I can't, because I live on Freedom, but I'd sure do it otherwise by Fo.

*shuffles off to Bingo night grumbling bout them whippersnappers*