Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

[epic] remove drake/scale dropping to ground upon logout

so theres a bug that causes your character to leave world instantly when reconnecting while on an enemy deed, and it happens like 80% of the time

and theres a mechanic that makes your scale/drake drop to the ground when leaving world with enemies in local on epic

and since its more likely that the mechanic will get changed before the bug ever gets fixed ( has been reported at least two billion times)

i'm suggesting the mechanic be removed because its pretty stupid to lose the gear you're wearing to a bug(anyone can just grab it when it falls on the ground), or reconnecting and then dying because you're no longer wearing armor

• Like 5

ye the mechanic really doesn't make much sense anymore after the change that made drake/scale much easier to make and maintain due the imping/loot drop changes

+1

actually I don't think the mechanic ever made snse

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 1

thats a moronic mechanic... people could stealth alts near your favorite logout caves and you'd never know ... items should never drop on logout...... unless you make ALL items drop on logout (especially f2p alts aka storage alts)

atm, the fix for the embark bug causes you to instant leave the world then reconnect, this means if you carry arti's, you will drop them on the floor.

If this happens with scale/drake on epic, i imagine it will also drop?

• Like 1

Embark bug will cause this now 

+1

it just instant leaves world and reconnects you. Seen someone leave world in front of me while Im combat. 

should be a raidban till this is fixed, this is really serious bug that stops people raiding and pvping, doesnt encourage people to want to play pvp.

+1

tho i never played on epic it really doesnt seem to make a lot of sense nowadays, might have been different in the past.

bump, critical error here. People dying/losing their very valuable gear because of this

neither mechanics were fixed, the bug that causes instant logout still exists and drake/scale still drops to the ground

@BuddaCould we make it so drake/scale doesn't drop until 5 minutes AFTER leaving the world if you don't want to stop drake dropping all together- same with artifacts? 

This would fix the problem with the 'Fix' to embark bug, where players are disconnected/forced to leave world and reconnect - dropping all drop-on-log out items. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

bump still incredibly broken for artifacts on both servers and drake/scale on epic

3 hours ago, Rathgar said:

sorry, what exactly are you -1ing? 

its a bug that causes you to instantly leave the world with enemies in local, throwing all of your drake and scale( that you are wearing) on the ground

devs can't fix the bug, so the mechanic needs changed

theres not really much debate here

Edited by platinumteef

Just check Rathgar posts in suggestions, he love to -1 things

Edited by Wilczan

17 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Just check Rathgar posts in suggestions, he love to -1 things

When I dont agree with a suggestion I -1 it, if I think some imput could help the suggestion, I try to give it, and when I like a suggestion as is, I +1.

For me this suggestion is completely barking at the wrong tree, thus -1

In fact it should be moved to the bugs section since its not even a suggestion but a request for a bandaid to a bug

I thought you were proposing removing drake, was hopeful for a moment.

This would be a good thing to address before the changes and a lot of new people going to epic.