Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 06/JUL/17

• Wurmian dendrologists have noted that the girth of Olive and Chestnut trees has diminished. (olive and chestnut tree trunks are now thinner by 60%)
  • Cave entrances can now be reinforced, prepared, and paved like other cave floors.
  • Priests that can dig without going faithless can now dredge.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where keys ended up in a bugged state if they were inside a bank or mailbox when the lock was destroyed.  Now the keys should be destroyed as well.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug that caused cave ceilings to examine as floors and require remove reinforcement permissions when above a reinforced floor.
  • Bugfix: Hota should no longer break if there is a server restart during an active event – remaining pillars should spawn seconds before the shutdown.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue causing decayed organic material from being stuck in a your bank taking up a slot until server restart.
  • Bugfix:  Fix for some underground bridges causing errors resulting in players rubberbanding as they travel across the bridge.
  • Bugfix: Possible fix for Epic to Xanadu first time teleports so that you end up  at the starter town chosen instead of a random starter town. (Fix did not work)
  • Bugfix:  Metallic Liquid will now come in a potion bottle when looted and will actually work when ‘smeared’ onto an item.
    • The imbue will start with 100 power, no matter what your actual skill is as long as the action succeeds.
    • Protect against items “cracking” 5 times, lose 20 power from the imbue every time it “forms cracks”
    • Protect against a single shatter. As long as the power of the imbue even exist listed on the item, it will be protected.
    • You can NOT smear another potion to “refill” the lost power, effect must be gone.

Client updates

• 4.0 Client fix: Straightened out reinforced walls next to veins with cave detail set to high.
  • 4.0 Client fix: Wild hive message on screen should now appear again if you  do not have it hidden in settings.
  • 4.0 Client fix:  Rangefinder numbers are again visible when using a spyglass.
  • 4.0 Client fix: Corona position (glow) for some items was fixed from hovering above to a center position.
  • 4.0 Client fix: Fixed orientation issues of embarked players.
  • 4.0 Client fix: There should be no more ‘lightning’ flashes on animals, people and items.
  • 4.0 Client new:  Added a post-process tab in client settings to to add or remove some effects.
    • Bloom
    • FXAA (antialiasing)
    • Vignette
  • Bugfix:  Changed the orientation of pavement on bridges to match terrain paving.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the bumpy cave floor pavement as seen with cave detail set to high.
  • Deed planner exporter changes:
    • New wall/fence types and bushes as well as floors are now exported properly
    • Deed borders are exported as DeedPlanner border
    • If deed is coastal, all height values on map will be accurate. Otherwise, lowest point on plan will have height 5 when imported into the DeedPlanner
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Wurmian dendrologists have noted that the girth of Olive and Chestnut trees has diminished. (olive and chestnut tree trunks are now thinner by 60%)

That's a relief.  I've always hated how big the olive trees were.  I never wanted them anywhere near my deed.  Maybe now, I'll be able to tolerate them. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

that should address half of the woes concerning collision once it's back on. 
Thank you for the compassion.

In truth, there's too much to say thank you for,  this is a big update.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix:  Metallic Liquid will now come in a potion bottle when looted and will actually work when ‘smeared’ onto an item.
    • The imbue will start with 100 power, no matter what your actual skill is as long as the action succeeds.
    • Protect against items “cracking” 5 times, lose 20 power from the imbue every time it “forms cracks”
    • Protect against a single shatter. As long as the power of the imbue even exist listed on the item, it will be protected.
    • You can NOT smear another potion to “refill” the lost power, effect must be gone.

About time too, let's hope this is the first of many rift reward *COUGHBRACELETSCOUGH* fixes

Chesnut trees are now one of my fav trees, they look amazing

No mention of the buggy bridges, but I assume the fix went live as my underground bridge now works just fine.

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Cave entrances can now be reinforced, prepared, and paved like other cave floors.

And y'all said you couldn't do it... :)  \o/  Good work!

Client updates

• 4.0 Client fix: Fixed orientation issues of embarked players.

but... does this mean Gryphith won't sit on chairs backwards like a boss anymore?  ^_^

• Like 1

about time thanks

Bugfix:  Metallic Liquid will now come in a potion bottle when looted and will actually work when ‘smeared’ onto an item.

Wurmian dendrologists have noted that the girth of Olive and Chestnut trees has diminished. (olive and chestnut tree trunks are now thinner by 60%)

Wonderful news :)  Any chance of oak trees being given similar treatment ?  they are somewhat over large atm.

http://RHNEuBF.jpg

45 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Wonderful news :)  Any chance of oak trees being given similar treatment ?  they are somewhat over large atm.

Keep oaks the way they are. I am assuming the smaller olive and chestnut trees is to prepare for reintroducing tree collisions. Oaks never had an issue since they kill all the trees around them leaving space to walk around.

I love my huge oak tree!

• Like 8

Oak trees are the right size, given that they clear out a space around them. They could use some tweaking so they are a bit more in the ground instead of almost floating above it.

• Like 3

Slowly but surely, this game's getting better every day.

Thanks for your hard work dev team. Despite how often I complain, really appreciate all the new improvements that have been coming out recently.
Now just add slope limit to NPC and fix up PVP a bit, I promise I'll never whine again. :P

Floating corona seems to be fixed on aqua Lady HOTA statue but not red dragon, still floats up above. This is on unstable btw.

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

No mention of the buggy bridges, but I assume the fix went live as my underground bridge now works just fine.

I'm not saying you should thank me... but you should totally thank me :P

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Niki said:

how come they don't hire you :P

$$$

There are some extremely talented people that play Wurm, but have full time jobs, so could not be hired away, on Code Club's budget.

Pretty sweet patch here!  So much goodness.  We are on an insane roll of great fixes and upgrades.  Such a difference from just one year ago.  Huge props to the dev team.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2017 at 0:06 PM, DevBlog said:
  • Priests that can dig without going faithless can now dredge.

Thank you so much!!  As fun as wogic can be, this logic is a boon to my priest :)

Isn't it boring to hear "Thank You!!" again? If not: Thank you!!

• Like 1

The infamous paint render bug on the unstable client has now vanished.
(painted walls became unpainted if you traveled more than 15 tiles away from the surface)
I have tested this with post processing on and off, both positive.
I have waited so very long for that. Thank you so much for fixing it. 
Also, the mines are looking wonderful, those of us that aren't suffering the blank screen phenomenon. 
Perfectly lit
Still getting the flickering problem if more than one colour is used but it's bearable now that the lighting is subtle.

Edited by Steveleeb

deleted

Edited by Batta

Sign in to follow this