Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Photobucket test image

I'd just read that photobucket was blocking images in some ways and wasn't sure if it applied to using them in our forums.  Seems to work ok still.  However, anyone using it will be shocked at how many absolutely annoying ads keep popping into your way. I haven't used it in a long time, but still have years of Wurm images saved there.

Edit: link to the story on this: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Edited by Wurmhole

Gyazo seems to still be free for embedding, and it's quite a lot more convenient than Photosuckit anyway...

I used to use Gyazo, but hated that they locked all your screenshots behind a paywall, so I opted for Lightshot, and then I found ShareX probably the best option out there for taking screenshots and making gif in seconds, all your files also get stored on your computer automatically so you can always go back to them. I do use Photobucket for images for my in-game store though to ensure long lasting links.

Edited by Legios

I actually use my Dropbox account for this purpose. It's not obvious, but when you get a Dropbox link to an image, there's a "dl=0" bit in the URL. If you switch the 0 to a 1, it serves up the image directly. ;)

I have no idea if they'll keep allowing that, but yeah. And no, I don't pay extra for my Dropbox either. I may check to see if Onedrive will allow image hosting seeing as I *do* pay for Office 365 and it would be nice to use all that storage for something else. Drive may also but I haven't used that one specifically for that.

13 minutes ago, Keenan said:

I actually use my Dropbox account for this purpose. It's not obvious, but when you get a Dropbox link to an image, there's a "dl=0" bit in the URL. If you switch the 0 to a 1, it serves up the image directly. ;)

I have no idea if they'll keep allowing that, but yeah. And no, I don't pay extra for my Dropbox either. I may check to see if Onedrive will allow image hosting seeing as I *do* pay for Office 365 and it would be nice to use all that storage for something else. Drive may also but I haven't used that one specifically for that.

The only problem in Dropbox case - if transfer is too large, all downloads (including viewing the images) get temporarily blocked - I hit this bottleneck relatively often lately.

Also, moved the topic to Wood Scraps - it fits better there. :)

Yeah i've got burned by that dropbox traffic limit. Probably not going to happen here due to the small player/userbase but try putting an image on say a Minecraft or WoW related site and your DB is toast within 10 minutes.

If anyone wants a good, no-nonsense image host - i personally recommend http://imgur.com/