Sign in to follow this  
Wulfrock

1.4 Missions made with Ruler.

hi all, we have had a portal mission set up on the server for 4 months, never a problem, always worked.

since 1.4 yesterday, whenever someone steps on the portal, the server reboots itself....anyone have any idea please ?

Thanks.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Ok...complete list of mods is....

Bounty Mod

Bulk transportMod

Cropmod

inbreedwarning

libilafixes

scriptrunner

skillgaincontrol

starter gear

thats all thats on here now.

Any error in the server log when it happens? have you checked the mission to ensure the coordinates are the same? 

Nothing at all in server log.

Yeah nothing changed except now it reboots the server.

I am just about to test some other missions we have here.

I will let you know in a sec.

Nope it is 2 missions causing the crash, 2 teleport missions.....

Mission numbers 1000000002 and 1000000003

Anything changed that might make these mission numbers no longer useable ? Im guessing there must be, cause all our other missions work and we have a lot.

Yup, these missions will no longer work, we even deleted them and re-made them on  different mission numbers. Making 1 portal to go one way works, but coming back the other way crashes both.

No longer working, crashes the server.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Edited by Wulfrock

You should post a more comprehensive descriping about the triggers and effecs. Maybe we can find out the problem.

The mission system can be abit messy.

Its always been the same portals here for months, something has changed, before we teleported from one tile to another, the tile we teleported to was the teleport tile to go back also, before it did nothing until you walked off it and back on.

Now it tries to teleport you instantly back, so infinite loop, and it crashes server, dont worry, I have simply changed the teleport to an examine an item rather than a step on mission.

Thanks though.

Yes, it sounds like it's now activating the step on factor upon teleporting, which may be a side effect from other works, good find though! 

Im having this same issue with my server. My Step on teleports are breaking and crashing my server. If I recreate the mission it will work for an hour or so and then break again causing a server crash when used. Is there a way to fix this as using "Examine" on a portal just doesn't seem intuitive for new players. Id rather "Use" but for some silly reason that's not available on the portals with the mission ruler. Having players walk through them is much better and easier and I dont have to put up ugly signs at every portal that say Examine to use or create more missions that will tell players that they have to Examine it to use it.

I made a mistake with portals once. Server kept crashing when stepping in.

One mistake made the player teleport in an infinite loop - which crashed the server.