Sign in to follow this  
Legios

Enlightenment does it work?

So I've been reading the wiki on Meditation, and I've been playing around with the Enlightenment feature... 

I'm currently at 38.73 Meditation, and Rock (7) and someone Respectful (10) has been trying to enlight me and it just fails continuesly with the same msg "[20:35:31] Legios does not grasp the question. He needs to meditate more." 

"A player can be enlightened 7 days after their last path advancement, regardless of level, or visible wait time. "

"Rumour suggests that a successful enlightenment requires a meditation skill of approximately 75% progress to the actual required level to path up yourself. E.g. around 27 meditating needed to be enlightened to level 7."

I've done both of these, and I still continue to get the same msg, is this as intended I know it's not suppose to be easy, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong as the msg don't change.

It does work; I've (rarely) managed to enlighten another player over the last 6 months to year.

Just really high fail rates.

• Like 1

It becomes effectively impossible once you get to mediation levels that matter. Someone who has looked at the WU code can give you exact numbers.

Thanks for the reply guys. I will be getting 40 Meditation by tomorrow hopefully and will continue to try again and see if that helps at all.

We tried today about 45 times and nothing but the same msg.

Edited by Legios

chakron it is a skillcheck of your skill vs the path level you are on * 20, with no bonuses to get in any way.

the message you get just means you failed the skillcheck. there is no actual skill requirement, it is just that the difficulty gets so high that theres no chance for you to succeed.

i actually wrote a message to retro about this system and how borked it is with a couple numbers that a friend pulled out of WU for me.

if you hit 40 skill you have a chance of roughly 1 in 100.000 to be enlightened to lvl 8. thats only about three times the question cooldown timer due to the 1 minute cooldown between attempts.

chance to be enlightened from 10 to 11 should be around 1 in 1.000.000 at 70 skill.

i for one really hope that the meditation overhaul changes it and actually makes this a useable system. not one to just boost up alts because you're too lazy to wait but the current state is just...

fun fact: i wrote the message in early march 2016. retro said they "might take a little while" :P

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Arium said:

chakron it is a skillcheck of your skill vs the path level you are on * 20, with no bonuses to get in any way.

the message you get just means you failed the skillcheck. there is no actual skill requirement, it is just that the difficulty gets so high that theres no chance for you to succeed.

i actually wrote a message to retro about this system and how borked it is with a couple numbers that a friend pulled out of WU for me.

if you hit 40 skill you have a chance of roughly 1 in 100.000 to be enlightened to lvl 8. thats only about three times the question cooldown timer due to the 1 minute cooldown between attempts.

chance to be enlightened from 10 to 11 should be around 1 in 1.000.000 at 70 skill.

i for one really hope that the meditation overhaul changes it and actually makes this a useable system. not one to just boost up alts because you're too lazy to wait but the current state is just...

fun fact: i wrote the message in early march 2016. retro said they "might take a little while" :P

Wow, those numbers are insane.. why even bother having such a feature in a game when they are intentionally rendering it useless... thanks for the info

that's nothing i use to be Homer now I am Larrybraff.  I knew I should not have been adventurous.

3 hours ago, Legios said:

Wow, those numbers are insane.. why even bother having such a feature in a game when they are intentionally rendering it useless... thanks for the info

I think they are right in line with the chances of making a fantastic item!

The chance for it to succeed is.....well...you don't wanna know. Seriously its.....it's not worth trying.

• Like 3