Sign in to follow this  
Gheen

[No Bug] Planting in planters below 10ql

At the moment I am able to plant herbs in pottery planters that are below 10ql.

The below example is with a 1.56ql potter planter.

If you activate the herb, right click the planter, and select "Plant" you get 

"[03:36:54] The pottery planter is of too poor quality to be planted."  As it should be.

If you activate the herb, right click the planet, and select "Plant XXXX" (in this instance Plant sage) you get

[03:37:14] You start planting the sage.
[03:37:24] The pot will not fix back into the rack, so you place it on the ground.
[03:37:24] You finished planting the sage in the pot.

I know it's not the most urgent bug, but I figured I would report it nonetheless.

In case it is relevant, I am on Xanadu.

This is intended, although a bit confusing at first.

You CAN and SHOULD be able to plant herbs in a planter, even though it is below 10 quality.

However, you cannot plant the planter (secure it to the ground) unless it's over 10 quality - same as other items you secure to the ground.

The first plant you see in your context menu is the planting of the item, in your case, you clicked on the pottery planter.  You can actually activate anything in your inventory, including a silver knife, and right clicking on the pottery planter will give you the plant option.  You are not planting the knife in the planter, you are planting the planter itself.

In order to plant herbs in the pottery planter, you need to use the second plant option in the context menu which says Plant xxx, where xxx is the herb or seed.

• Like 1

Ah okay. Thank you for the clarification :)