Sign in to follow this  
bdew

(1.4 beta) underground bridges movement glitches

[05:58:20 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.creatures.MovementScheme: Bdew TOO FAR, input=0.004638672, expected=0.0014648438 :  3076.974(3076.9788); 5014.456(5014.456) bridge=3634570556932
[05:58:20 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.players.Player: Bdew intrateleport to 3076.9788,5014.456, 19.699902, layer -1 currentTile:null=false reason=Moved too far hasVisionArea=true, initialized=true vehicle=-10
java.lang.Exception
        at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.intraTeleport(Player.java:7084)
        at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.MovementScheme.handleMoveTooFar(MovementScheme.java:795)
        at com.wurmonline.shared.util.MovementChecker.movestep(MovementChecker.java:271)
        at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.pollNextMove(Communicator.java:1126)
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.pollComms(Server.java:2596)
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2474)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Tried to build a bridge in a cave on the beta and i'm getting a consistent spam of the above error while moving over it and the character gets rubber banded all the time.

I've tried on an unmodded server and the same rubberbanding happens (but no error in console, i guess due to logging settings in vanilla?)

Anyway hope this gets fixed before release.

After digging a bit i suspect the problem is in MovementScheme.getTextureForTile

if (bridgeId > 0L) {
            final VolaTile vt = Zones.getTileOrNull(xTile, yTile, true);

Note how this always checks for bridge on the surface, ignoring the layer parameter. The result of this method is used to determine the terrain movement multiplier in a few places. As it ignores the bridge it ends up grabbing the cave tile, which is likely slower than the bridge - and that leads to the glitches.

• Like 1