Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Fix Starter Town Traders

So I went into my local starter town for the Midsummer event and figured I'd pop in to see the trader out of curiosity. Found a few useful things and decided to, y'know, trade for them, 'cause (a) they're called 'traders' and (b) I'm not paying silver at those silly prices. Bizarrely though, it was impossible to make any trade. Despite the trader accepting the goods I offered (moving them to the lower panel and assigning them a monetary value), he/she would not accept the trade – even when they stood to gain by the trade, i.e. when what I was offering was worth more than what I was asking for. To make things even more strange, even when I readjusted the trade so that I would have to top it up with some coin – and offered the EXACT amount of coin needed to balance the trade – the trader continued to complain that it 'was low on coins'. Basically, it was telling me: I cannot take your coins, because I'm low on coins! I'd already got used to traders being pretty much useless for my needs, but imagine a new player coming up against this absurd situation on their first day (it is new players after all who are most likely to deal with starter town traders).

Suggestions:

1. Being low on coin should not be a reason for traders to refuse trades where they gain coin.

2. Allow traders to accept trades in their own favour without needing to give change. If a player offers an item of greater value for an item of lesser value, the trader should agree to it. There could be a warning prompt that no change will be given, so that players don't lose silvers' worth of stuff by accident (although given the wacky trader prices, this danger already exists without any prompt).

Edited by Gwyn
typo

they works like charm...  take take items and coins ... all you need to do is mach same buy sell price and that is....  i just test and give him some coins some stuff and all works normal

they works like charm..

Didn't work for me yesterday in the circumstances I described. Might have to test it again.

all you need to do is mach same buy sell price and that is

See Suggestion No. 2. I'm specifically suggesting that there should be no need to match price as long as traders are on the good side of the deal. For example, trader has Doodad™ valued by trader at 1s;  player has Thingamajig™ valued at 1s50c. Trader should accept Thingamajig for Doodad even if it doesn't have the 50c change to give, as long as the player accepts the trade.

depends what you are trying to buy, some items are silver only.

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

depends what you are trying to buy, some items are silver only.

Yes, my issue and suggestion isn't about such items.