header.png

Strongbox, Serenity - Blart

Step right up Wurmians! Another week down and more news for you all, let's jump right in!

Midsummer madness

It's been an awesome week with the midsummer events, many of you got lost, scared, and some even went insane, which is about par for the course of any of our events! I'd like to thank you all for attending and hope you all enjoyed it, it'll run until the end of July and then we'll look at dismantling it, so make sure to attend before then and get your mask!

Forum upgrades
As many of you will have noticed we had some performance updates with the forums, hopefully eliminating the double posting and extra threads. We also included two factor authentication, which will provide even greater security for accounts on the forum moving forwards. While hopefully the larger issues have been resolved, we'll continue to work on tweaking the forums to ensure they are an enjoyable and easy experience for all (Not including the posts!)

WU Beta
Wurm Unlimited 1.4.0.0 is here! With all the bridge textures and underground changes, they mark the next major update to the game. The beta will run throughout the week and we'll keep an eye on any issues raised by those running it, before launching the live version, so stay tuned for that!

Cave exits
Some players asked about the ability to pave cave exits, and while the answer was that it was unlikely, it did get some cogs turning. With a bit (lot) of work, I'm pleased to announce they will be coming soon! There's a bit of work still being done but cave exits will be able to be paved!

exits.jpg

Cooking rarity and affinities
As you all know we ran the in-game poll on cooking affinities, and the results were extremely close. With a difference of less than 1% of the total votes.

Being such a close result, we have decided to go with keeping rarity affecting affinity on both cooking systems. This was the slightly favoured result and avoids those who have spent time learning their affinities on rare+ cookers losing that time spent. 

We appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts on it, and will continue to use in-game polls for important issues such as this in the future.

Community content

I spend a fair amount of my time on YouTube watching Wurm videos, and the other day I stumbled across one, Riddles explores Wurm online. It's an amusing series that I hope continues, because I certainly enjoyed the first three, catch the first here:

That's it from us this week, I hope you all have a great weekend, and as always, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 16

[21:29:34] <Retrograde> and there's five cows in this mine
[21:29:38] <Retrograde> I think they're planning something
[21:29:53] <Retrograde> oh no ones dead
[21:30:03] <Retrograde> it was a homoocide
[21:30:07] <Joelle> Bye

• Like 4

Just now, Budda said:

First.

Actually...

Edit: :P

Edited by Joelle

Love Riddles videos, he's hilaaaaaarious! It's so fun watching him discover Wurm and take enjoyment in the little things that we old wurmians already take for granted. Ah, to be a wurn newbie again! I hope Riddles falls in love with Wurm for good!

• Like 3

I will never ever believe you anymore, Dear Staff when you say something is unlikely, hard and may never happen. Paved entrances will be GREAT! Thanks a lot!

I'm also relaxed now that my affinity recpies including rarity will stay.

Another complaint: week after week there are many good news in the weekly, simply too much work to say thank you to all of it :P

(and my answer was saved by the forum in 1 sec \o/)

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

So glad we will be getting paved cave entrance tiles! My ocd is thankful for the changes <3

• Like 1

yay!Thank you for the awesome work on the cave exits!! that looks just fantastic!

Forum fix \o/

Cave exits \o/

Cooking fail /o\

Sad it came to that decision yet again.  Still don't understand why it is an issue to fix it for the people that want the fix and leave it for people that don't.  So what if the people that don't want the fix get a different result from food cooked by people that get the fix.  I don't think anyone is complaining about that at all.  Most people learning recipes are doing so for themselves.  The times people eat food that someone else prepared is generally just when people need nutrition.  People serious about their affinity for grinding are self cooking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Some players asked about the ability to pave cave exits

Yea but you are not really going to create that ability since that is a cave *entrance*. Still, it is an entrancing idea that will soon come to creation within the game. That pic looks really nice too with the cobblestone paving continuing on into the cave from the outside of it, which proves my point of it being an entrance. Remember, you have to first enter a cave in order to be able to exit. Very important stuff, yea...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

@Warlanderurged me to write yet once more,

He's holding me to an oath I once swore.

I promised to write a poem each week,

Until I'd receive the mirror I seek.

Now @Retrogradealready told me "some time",

But figures that asking again is no crime.

My sweet golden mirror, I call out to you,

Whatever it takes, I will see this through.

P.S. With Love for Retro and Warly who put up with me on a daily basis :* 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Joelle said:

[21:29:34] <Retrograde> and there's five cows in this mine
[21:29:38] <Retrograde> I think they're planning something
[21:29:53] <Retrograde> oh no ones dead
[21:30:03] <Retrograde> it was a homoocide
[21:30:07] <Joelle> Bye

Cow took the insanity plee. Diagnosed as mad cow disease.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

many of you got lost, scared, and some even went insane

And the treatment was going so well that many had almost managed to make a recovery after the previous event.

Double wide cave entrances!?!??!?!?!?!? *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ayes said:

Yea but you are not really going to create that ability since that is a cave *entrance*. Still, it is an entrancing idea that will soon come to creation within the game. That pic looks really nice too with the cobblestone paving continuing on into the cave from the outside of it, which proves my point of it being an entrance. Remember, you have to first enter a cave in order to be able to exit. Very important stuff, yea...

=Ayes=

But I was born in a cave...

9 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

But I was born in a cave...

*I was born by the river in a little tent
Oh and just like the river I've been running ev'r since
It's been a long time, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will.*

~S Cooke~

=Ayes=