Sign in to follow this  
Mystra007

You hit the rock in a corner when trying to terraform

There doesn't seem to be any way to remove small rocks from tile. I tried packing, changing the terrain with the GM wand, seeing if the setdata is different between dirt, etc. Nothing seems to allow me to remove those rocks and I constantly get the "You hit the rock in a corner" message when I try to do anything with those cursed tiles.

NNaNpBK.jpg

These rocks are just part of the grass. They don't have any impact on terraforming. What it means when it says "you hit rock in a corner" is that underneath the dirt there is a layer of rock you need to uncover and mine down.

It works like this:

1. Start in one corner. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.
  2. Move to the next corner on this tile. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.
  3. Move to the next corner on this tile. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.
  4. Move to the last corner on this tile. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.

As soon as you have done this on all 4 corners of a tile, the tile will turn into rock. 

In order to be able to mine it down, all 4 tiles around a corner have to be rock so you will need to repeat this on the surrounding tiles as well.

Afterwards you can mine down the rock to the desired level.

42 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

These rocks are just part of the grass. They don't have any impact on terraforming. What it means when it says "you hit rock in a corner" is that underneath the dirt there is a layer of rock you need to uncover and mine down.

It works like this:

1. Start in one corner. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.
  2. Move to the next corner on this tile. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.
  3. Move to the next corner on this tile. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.
  4. Move to the last corner on this tile. Dig it down until you get the message that you hit rock in the corner.

As soon as you have done this on all 4 corners of a tile, the tile will turn into rock. 

In order to be able to mine it down, all 4 tiles around a corner have to be rock so you will need to repeat this on the surrounding tiles as well.

Afterwards you can mine down the rock to the desired level.

- Shouldn't the ebony wand take care of that automatically?

- I can't dig up corners with the action bar right? I have to right-click on each on the corner and use dig?

- When I put back dirt on all corners I still have the same issue when I try to level again, isn't the additional dirt a layer above the rock layer?

Edited by Mystra007

The graphics circled are cosmetic images.

They have nothing to do with terraforming, are just random all over the terrain,  i am not sure if any sort of GM wanding can get rid of the image.

Well I guess it's not a bug but a feature and I need to learn how to deal with this from WO or WU terraforming tutorial

Those stones shows you where veins are underground, it's not only cosmetics.

1 hour ago, archer said:

Wow, did not know that...... learn new stuff everyday.

On 30.6.2017 at 7:28 PM, archer said:

That is not true.

So is it true or not? We've check it with my friends and it seems to might be a true info. 

Curious if it was true, I experimented yesterday in Wurm Unlimited to check ore veins vs. those black rocks in the grass.  They did not match up.

In my experience, those rocks are random.  I've even seen whether the rocks appear change after adjusting the slope and putting grass back.

The rocks are completely random. They are no indicators of rock around. I have tested this again and this is the outcome. The tiles work just like other grass tiles without the rock and they exist whether there's hundreds of dirt below them or just a few.