Sign in to follow this  
Erevorn

Make throwing great again

Would be nice if thrown weaponry like small axes, spears and maybe something new - throwing knives dealt actual damage to the enemy. I can imagine that getting an axe to the chest from a distance of 20 meters still hurts.

Damage can be related to given weapon skill.

• Like 2

-1. Throwing already works. 

[09:17:31] Your short sword hits aged fat horse in the hip.
[09:17:31] You hit aged fat horse pretty hard in the hip and hurt it.

That's a 40ql short sword with no enchants. 

[09:27:16] <XXXXXXXX> [08:26:36] Your axe hits adolescent fat Picksouth in the crotch.
[09:27:25] <XXXXXXXX> [08:26:36] You hit adolescent fat Picksouth hard in the crotch and hurt it.
[09:29:15] <XXXXXXXX> killed in 11 hits

11 throws against a horse i would say it don't work

4 minutes ago, cybaru said:

You want thrown weapons to instant-kill horses? Consider that thrown weapons can be used while already in combat in conjunction with your conventional melee weapon. If you want ranged weapons buy a bow and some arrows.

2 hours ago, cybaru said:

Perhaps there should be a skill with throwing weapons? This way you can actually get better with it as you do it. The way how combat normally works.

1 hour ago, pachipruto said:

You want thrown weapons to instant-kill horses? Consider that thrown weapons can be used while already in combat in conjunction with your conventional melee weapon. If you want ranged weapons buy a bow and some arrows.

I think @Erevornprobably just wants something like throwing knifes to throw at stuff. Since a bow is normal and the idea of throwing knifes or axes is pretty cool. 

Long story short +1 if we also can get special throwing axes and throwing knifes. Otherwise why not a new way to fight is always fun.

4 minutes ago, PotatoOnStick said:

Perhaps there should be a skill with throwing weapons? This way you can actually get better with it as you do it. The way how combat normally works.

It uses your weapon skill for damage and I think also for hit chance (hazy memory)

16 hours ago, pachipruto said:

[09:27:16] <XXXXXXXX> [08:26:36] Your axe hits adolescent fat Picksouth in the crotch.
[09:27:25] <XXXXXXXX> [08:26:36] You hit adolescent fat Picksouth hard in the crotch and hurt it.
[09:29:15] <XXXXXXXX> killed in 11 hits

16 hours ago, cybaru said:

To be fair, if this is the same 40ql shortsword being thrown the whole time then 11 hits seems pretty good already. @pachiprutodo you have amazing body stats that would skew this info a lot, i thought throwing was useless.

4 hours ago, Yiraia said:

To be fair, if this is the same 40ql shortsword being thrown the whole time then 11 hits seems pretty good already. @pachiprutodo you have amazing body stats that would skew this info a lot, i thought throwing was useless.

30 str, 23 con, 27 sta

so no

Edited by pachipruto
typo

Pachiprutos logs CLEARLY show that throwing is OP. Lets nerf it! I personally carry around 7 longsword, 4 large axes, 5 huge axes, 6 med mauls and 2 longspears. It annoys me how sometimes I dont even get an opportunity to throw all my weapons at a huge spider. Please fix!!

Let me throw needles! Several at once!

Just to harass people.

• Like 2

I have fun with it +1

Spoiler

[05:16:05] You throw the stone brick.

[05:45:24] You throw the sprout.
[05:45:24] Your sprout glances off Dridmar and does no damage.

[07:23:06] You throw the cotton.
[07:23:06] Your cotton glances off Pedro and does no damage.