Sign in to follow this  
madnezz

Pleasant Surprise

A while ago my account was deleted while crossing into Xanadu.  It was quite concerning to get the message saying I needed to create an account when I tried to re-log.  I was extremely relieved when Keenan worked his magic and brought me back to life.  Out of the blue tonight Retrograde pm'd me to drop off some pretty cool compensation as a way of apologizing for my account disappearing back then.  Just want to publicly thank the team for going above and beyond expectations by improving customer service to this level, well done!

• Like 12

Was nice to hear a few players today get compensation for being deleted and recipes messed up.

Wonder if they will do the same to blayze. His account also went poof when crossing servers. 

uh, is it unsafe to travel then?

this is pretty scary news, glad you got helped though.

Like RL, it is never safe to travel.  I mean, did you see the road rage incident on Reddit recently?  Also, there were some planes on 9-11..  But in Wurm, I'd say it is much safer than RL.  Stay out of corners, which are pretty much the devil's triangle.  I think the account losses were a very short term bug.  The old days were fun though, when people loaded their knarrs up to the max and lagged out the servers every crossing.

• Like 1

I also had a char go poof and got nicely compensated so also want to say thank you to the team :)

With 1.3 there was a bug with repeatedly crossing leading to accounts being stuck and the GV server thinking they didnt exist.

all accounts affected were restored within the day, keenan was exceptionally efficient at that.

From that the recipe information was lost on each account, this was not able to be recovered, thus the gift as compensation.

This does not occur anymore, and only affected a tiny amount of players, I'll be reaching out to those I havent yet over the weekend

• Like 8